Panic Attack!! I just clicked pay.

I’ve sold just about all of my pedals, my amps will be going next. When my name comes up on the FM3 list I’ll just let it pass. Congratulations!

I plugged in and played my ‘73 Marshall one last time. OMG It’s loud. Unplayable at the house at that level. But turning down the guitar volume and playing clean sounded so pristine. It sold in one night. And I’ll be shipping it today or tomorrow, hopefully to a good home. I kept my DSL40 and ran my AX8 Friedman preset with pwr amp and can off they the effects loop. Wow!! I think I’m ok. Plus the tweed preset sounded...well,like a tweed. But my Xitone still rocks. Lots of options

Oh.. I’m looking at the Gator 3u bag case. I read conflicting things here in the forums. Are these OK? I don’t move the unit but maybe once or twice a year.

I haven't sold my Helix yet, for no reason but busy, but it'll go. Still have an ID60 in case I have to get my III serviced, but ideally that'd go too, replaced with some tiny thing, or just VSTs if it's only for me at home.

You won't regret this!

I am not saying I would be gigging with it, but I still miss my 80's JCM800...........

I've carried it enough times in it's road case not to :p.

Oh.. I’m looking at the Gator 3u bag case. I read conflicting things here in the forums. Are these OK? I don’t move the unit but maybe once or twice a year.

If you are only moving it that infrequently, I would only buy a bag/case if absolutely necessary.

I'm looking forward to the learning curve. I guess I'll hang on to the Ax8 to use as reference tone while it's being put up for sale. I take it all of the cab packs I've bought for the AX8 can be used.

I got a lowball offer on Reverb for the '73 Marshall already. Tempted to go low, just to take the ease off of the buyer's remorse.

Save the Buyers Remorse for a bad purchase. You made a good choice with this one as long as you don't lose your house over it.
When the stars align so you can make a purchase like this, just look at it as good fortune that you are able to obtain something as awesome as the FX III , when so many people will never be in the position to do so.
It's just money. You'll make more. ;)

So true. I’ve pissed away more money collectively on intangible things. The Remorse is gone....mainly because it’s already shipped 😎👍

I would consider 4 space at least...you will undoubtedly want a space or 3 more ;)

Put mine in 4 space, mainly so it doesn't weigh too much.
Added wireless almost immediately.

Whichever case you decide to use, the Axe III is "IT."
Great choice
ENJOY!!!

I grabbed mine during the holiday sale. About 30 mins after opening it I built my dream looper rig.

I still have my amps. If I can afford to keep them I will. If push came to shove they’d be the first to go though.

I would consider 4 space at least...you will undoubtedly want a space or 3 more ;)

Put mine in 4 space, mainly so it doesn't weigh too much.
Added wireless almost immediately.

Whichever case you decide to use, the Axe III is "IT."
Great choice
ENJOY!!!

The price diff isn't much between the 3u and the 4u so I might as well go with the 4u. I just want the shoulder strap so I can make as little trips to the car as possible when I do travel out with it.

The price diff isn't much between the 3u and the 4u so I might as well go with the 4u. I just want the shoulder strap so I can make as little trips to the car as possible when I do travel out with it.
As much as I like to leave room for expansion everywhere, when I get a case it'll probably be a 3 space, for portability. That's potentially a 1-hander, doubt that's true for a 4. I could be wrong about both counts though.

Arrives tomorrow! I'll probably start with trying to re-create my AX8 go-to tones. I like a Marshall style amp that cleans up well with the volume knob. I have great preset made with the BritSuper and an IR blend of a 57 and a 121. I also love the Atomica for a tad bit more gain and leads. I'm assuming everyone still has their own favorite IRs or are the factory IRs much better now? I'm partial to an OH combination that has yet to be dethroned.

I bought my first Fractal Audio device (AX8) last month. I fell in love with it instantly. As I started to learn about some of the stuff it couldn’t do compared to the Axe FX III, I quickly decided to make the move. I gambled and won. I absolutely love the III. It is now my ONLY amp and effects system. I have tons to learn still but I can‘t see myself going through anything else. The addition of the Friedman ASM-12 only made the experience better.

Arrives tomorrow! I'll probably start with trying to re-create my AX8 go-to tones. I like a Marshall style amp that cleans up well with the volume knob. I have great preset made with the BritSuper and an IR blend of a 57 and a 121. I also love the Atomica for a tad bit more gain and leads. I'm assuming everyone still has their own favorite IRs or are the factory IRs much better now? I'm partial to an OH combination that has yet to be dethroned.

There aren’t a lot of mixes in the stock cabs. I bought the OwnHammer Green Vintage pack which is nothing but mixes. I also bought the Fractal set that’s on sale for $10. It has lots of good mixes too, as well as single mic stuff.

I think all of the AX8 cabs are in the III's “Legacy” cab bank.

Significantly less excited now that I read this on it's description:
Cab Packs 1 and 2 were previously released for FREE. Many of the IRs in Cab Packs 4, 5, and 6 are built in as factory cabs for the Axe-Fx III.

There are a lot of mixes that aren’t in the III stock cabs. They’re the gold.

Back
Top Bottom