Panel feed through 7-pin midi socket

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi guys.

I'm building my rack for the last time this year (right..), also building a new back panel and looking for a panel feed through 7 pin midi socket, like this but 7 and not 5 pin.

15408950621_8c820bb0bd_b.jpg

Anyone has an idea where to get these?

Thanks.

I haven't seen a seven pin version of a feed-through, but there are places like Best-Tronics manufacturing (http://btpa.com/Fractal-Audio/) that will custom build you a d-panel connector housing a seven pin MIDI jack, with any length of cable + plug you like. They built one for me recently, and it's ideal for my AxeFX needs.

Thanks, I'm aware of them but I got my own made panel which I'm changing a little, don’t need / want to spend $$$ on a new panel just for one plug.

I figure if there is one for 5 pin, there has to be one for 7 as well.

Thanks, I'm aware of them but I got my own made panel which I'm changing a little, don’t need / want to spend $$$ on a new panel just for one plug.

Those connectors are field-replaceable. No reason you shouldn't be able to get someone to make you a pigtail (connector + lead + plug) that you can install yourself on an existing panel.

Did you ever find it? I'm looking for exactly that right now. I'm in Germany and I've only found 7 pin sockets, not feed-through. I'd order from anywhere though, as long as it's not too pricey.
Nop.
I soldered my self, works perfect.

Last edited:
Nop.
I sokdered my self, works perfect.
Excellent. Looks good. I found 7pin Midi socket for a panel, which is OK for right now. (company out of UK) Two of them work well in my patch bay (front and rear sockets). I will eventually replace the whole thing with a feed through panel. Much faster for maintenance and alterations.

Excellent. Looks good. I found 7pin Midi socket for a panel, which is OK for right now. (company out of UK) Two of them work well in my patch bay (front and rear sockets). I will eventually replace the whole thing with a feed through panel. Much faster for maintenance and alterations.

which company/where did you find the jacks?

Back
Top Bottom