Pair of QSC K12's inbound!

sparkman

Hey Guys---I have a pair of QSC K12's inbound that should be here by Tuesday. Very excited to pair them with the Axe Fx 2. I previously had the QSC KW153, which was just too bassy/boomy for my needs. I'm hoping moving back to 12in speakers will get me what I'm looking for. Anyone still using the QSC K12s will good success? Thanks!

The K12's are excellent. Others will argue that there are "better" FRFR options. I like them and they are great all-around monitors when not dedicated to the Axe.
With 2 inputs I often use them with my iPhone or iPad plugged in as well as the Axe. Great way to learn songs and/or play along with tracks.
Hope you enjoy...good purchase, IMO.

The K12's are excellent. Others will argue that there are "better" FRFR options. I like them and they are great all-around monitors when not dedicated to the Axe.
With 2 inputs I often use them with my iPhone or iPad plugged in as well as the Axe. Great way to learn songs and/or play along with tracks.
Hope you enjoy...good purchase, IMO.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm really looking forward to playing through them. I had the KW153 and it just didn't work for me. I don't know if that was just lack of tweaking experience or what, but I hope the K12s are more along the lines of what I need.

I've had K12's for five years. They sound great to me. I also have a pair of CLR passives I drive with a Carvin 1504L amp. I think the K12's sound excellent next to the CLR's.

Now I don't play metal or any of the 'brootalz' stuff so that may have something to do with my satisfaction with them. I do place two layers of 4" square gaffers tape on the grill over the tweeter to lower some of the treble 'glare' when they're aimed right at you.

I've had K12's for five years. They sound great to me. I also have a pair of CLR passives I drive with a Carvin 1504L amp. I think the K12's sound excellent next to the CLR's. Now I don't play metal or any of the 'brootalz' stuff so that may have something to do with my satisfaction with them. I do place two layers of 4" square gaffers tape on the grill over the tweeter to lower some of the treble 'glare' when they're aimed right at you.

Great information--thanks so much for your reply. Any opinions on how these stand up for higher gain applications?

Had a pair of K12's for a while and loved the sound. Moved to a single CLR and felt it took less effort to get a great sound. With the K12's there was more tweaking. When I moved to the CLR I removed various eq filters from the patch. The CLR is flatter and easier to work with. If would use a K12 again if my CLR wasn't available.

I had a pair of K-12s that sounded great. I sold them to get a clr but I still think my best sounds were when I had them.

Back
Top Bottom