Wish Page up/Down for presets without changing scenes until you select scene in new preset.

TJ Lincoln

I’d like to be in a preset on a specific scene say playing and outro and be able to page up to the next preset/song without the axe fx 3 changing presets/scenes until I hit the scene button in the new preset.

I did this on the RJM Music MMGT all the time.

What is your “scene” switch programmed to do on the MMGT? A scene switch by itself shouldn’t change both presets and scenes at the same time, though you can program those 2 separate messages to fire at the same time on the MMGT.

The issue is scenes are part of a preset. You’re never “not on” a scene. So loading a preset also “loads” a scene. A major overhaul of how Scenes work would have to happen to make this wish possible.

I think he’s asking for the preset not to be loaded at all until he selects a scene. At that point, it’s not just a Scene switch any more; it’s a Scene and “Go!” Switch.

I think he’s asking for the preset not to be loaded at all until he selects a scene. At that point, it’s not just a Scene switch any more; it’s a Scene and “Go!” Switch.
What I'm hearing is it's "staging" the preset, but not enabling it, and possibly the layout would display the available scenes, but the actual switch hasn't occurred yet. It's almost the same scenario as when we increment a bank and the modeler waits for us to select a preset.

At that point it sounds like making a default scene optional and triggering the flashing rings when a preset is selected would satisfy the problem… but… then the problem would be a bank up/down would trigger a preset selection with flashing rings and then we'd have to make the scene selection with flashing rings. Still, everyone gets to pick their own poison. :)

It doesn't seem like it'd be a lot of code logic to change, but then who knows what sort of logic exists inside the mind of the beast.

You got it. Exactly how my MMGT worked. I loved it, but wanted a smaller format (FC12).
The FC-12 (or Axe Fx, really) doesn't know what the scenes in a preset are until it loads the preset...

At best, this option would be able to let you select scenes by number only.

I did this on the RJM Music MMGT all the time.

I use this feature on my rjm all the time. Didn’t know the fc couldn’t do it.
Yea. The RJM pre-reads every preset and the scenes in the presets so it has this knowledge without having to load and poll the preset in real time.

The downside to this approach is if you make scene changes in a preset you need to remember to sync them to the RJM otherwise the RJM and the Fractal hardware will not align.

The FC approach ensures the hardware is always aligned with the foot controller. But that comes at a cost.

Would be cool to be able to do this with the FCs for sure.

Yea. The RJM pre-reads every preset and the scenes in the presets so it has this knowledge without having to load and poll the preset in real time.

The downside to this approach is if you make scene changes in a preset you need to remember to sync them to the RJM otherwise the RJM and the Fractal hardware will not align.

The FC approach ensures the hardware is always aligned with the foot controller. But that comes at a cost.

Yep. Like in life, there is always a price to pay..

If Fractal could figure this out it’d be super cool to have. Seems O(hard) to me though given the architecture.

Yeah, I learned long ago not to have any assumptions when it comes to computer programming. I just ask and wait haha. The way I work with the axe I really make use of this feature. I did close to nothing with scenes until I bought the rjm. Now they are really useful to me.

Back
Top Bottom