Pagan's Mind: Through Osiris' Eyes Patch/IR. Match EQ.

nojyeloot

Experienced

Attachments

• Osiris' Guys.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Osiris' Guys IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
yes i did !
I'm in 5.01 too but i really don't get a close sound... maybe your recording method is different.

Well that's interesting.

You should get similar results, if you're using a medium-hot pickup. Here's what I used (to produce the IR):

Gear Used:
AxeFX II (PVH 6160 & custom IR)
Jackson Concept JDR-94 with SD Fullshred
Sonar 8.5 Producer
iZotope Ozone3
Voxengo Deconvolver
Axe-o-Matic (IR converter)

Ok, maybe my pickups are too hot ^^ I use EMG 81 on Alder bodies... The Axe is really sensible to the guitar plugged :( or maybe :)
Thanks anyway ! ;)

Ah, that could be part of it. The Seymour Duncan Fullshred is Medium output, but still plenty aggressive. Try tweaking the Amp Block's gain. Most of the PM tone comes from that IR. So try fiddling with the EQ.

Cool I'll take a look at this tonight.
Could you try a Nevermore "Dead Heart in a Dead World" Patch or an "Enemies of Reality" patch
for some reason those two are giving me a lot of trouble ????

Enjoy!

Nah, see those won't work. In order for this process to work properly you need to find a section in that song where it is guitar only. Preferably MONO (though I used a stereo clip for this patch/IR process). The bigger point is to not have ANY other tracks during the guitar only clip, that includes spill over reverb/delay.

So, if you can find some of those aformentioned track types, and even chop them up (like I did with some Pantera clips I'm attempting [off Far Beyond Driven]) so that you have a clean sample of guitar only, you'll be able to do this well. Hope that made sense.

Here's what I do. Say I want Nevermore's tone, well I'll dump an ENTIRE album in to NCH's free Wavpad editor and look at the WAV form to see if I can see where a mono, or guitar only track is played. Then I'll chop it up and dump it in my DAW, and then begin Match EQing.

If you start with a good clip, and can execute the song cleanly yourself, and have all the gear, this should be a snap. I was surprised how easy it was.

In nevermore's Enemies of Reality, i can remember a short clip of guitar played without other instruments, about 1 sec

I don't know if the intro here is good enough on these two but this is the tone I've been trying to capture

Last edited:
Seed Awakening is good enough, FOR SURE. Cool, I'll add that to my list.

Ambivalent has too much symbol bleed.

I tried VoM's tone last night, just for fun, and got that pretty close too.

thanks I tried your patch last night with the IR you posted and with my Jackson Slat3-7 string and
all I had to do was open up the gate a bit and I got a pretty kick ass 7 string rythm tone.
So thanks for posting that :)
what cab/speaker did you mic for your IR?
I tried for almost 2 hours last night to get the "Seed Awakening" tone going with all of the IR's I have (stock and some OH I bought)
nada, :(
everything was too fizzy, I almost got the "tone" going but the "chunkiness" just wasn't there :(
I tried without using any filters or PEQ's and I couldn't do it.

Awesome. Jorn's one of my favorite guitarists since I first heard him on OE. I normally use a generic metal sort of thing to play Pagan's Mind songs, but I'm going to give this a try tonight. Thanks for the work on this.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom