PAF Style Pickups and Optimal AXE Settings

I would raise the pole pieces a bit to give your guitar a little more clarity and make sure the pickup height is close to the strings. PRS guitars are typically very warm, so finding ways to get more natural clarity out of your guitar will help a lot.

Next, try a different IR. The one you’re using may have too much upper mid frequencies that are causing the harshness. Mic placement is the best EQ for your rig, so it’s worth taking the time to explore different options.

For amp models, try the Brit 800 Mod. If it’s too thin, raise the Input Trim a little bit and reduce your Input Drive to taste. If the Master Volume is too high, it’ll accentuate midrange, so taking that down a bit can help sculpt your midrange and top end as well.
I may try tweaking the poles. Haven't done that before but it may be worth trying out to see if there's a string that's causing this (I suspect it's the G).

I think this is a pre-amp EQ issue moreso than an IR. It's amp overdrive related. I was testing this 2 ways. Headphones with an IR. and Through a 1x12 cab without an IR. Same result. Also after adjusting the bridge pickup and pre-amp PEQ, both tests improved quite a bit. I think I'm pretty close - just now need to focus on BMTPD amp settings.

By the way, Plexi's are freaking awesome. Just a PSA.

Back
Top Bottom