PA speakers for rehearsal space

Purplestrats

Inspired
My band needs a pair of PA speakers. Band consists of 2 guitars, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard. The guitarists both play modelling units.

The holy grail would be to find something that sounds as good as my Adam A7X monitors, just bigger and louder - but budget is a consideration we have to take.

My candidates so far are:

Yamaha DZR12 or DRZ15
Yamaha DXR12
QSC K12.2
HK Audio Linear 3
HK Audio PR:O 12

Anyone have have any experience with these models? Our current models are a pair of Mackie SRM450 V3, and they are both noisy and harsh sounding in my opinion. I'd like to get something with a very low noise floor and sweeter treble response.

I had the qsc12.2, I was using with my ax8, and it gave me wicked ear fatigue ,way too bright to my ear . Music sounded good ,but I wouldnt buy another. Any music stores in your area to try out any?

My band needs a pair of PA speakers. Band consists of 2 guitars, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard. The guitarists both play modelling units.

The holy grail would be to find something that sounds as good as my Adam A7X monitors, just bigger and louder - but budget is a consideration we have to take.

My candidates so far are:

Yamaha DZR12 or DRZ15
Yamaha DXR12
QSC K12.2
HK Audio Linear 3
HK Audio PR:O 12

Anyone have have any experience with these models? Our current models are a pair of Mackie SRM450 V3, and they are both noisy and harsh sounding in my opinion. I'd like to get something with a very low noise floor and sweeter treble response.
I have had good luck with the Yamaha DXR12 set. Good sound, durable, reliable. FWIW

Another candidate worth serious consideration would be the RCF NX 32-A, at about the same price point as the Yamaha DZR12.
Took a look in Thomann, they look good but there is a 10-13 week waiting time. Also I have the opportunity for a used deal on some DZR 15’s, but I’m unsure how 15” speakers stack up as an all rounder compared to 12”. I only ever used 12’s. Might take a chance on them though, I suppose we wouldn’t strictly need a subwoofer with them.

Interesting. Just last week GC quoted $1279.99 here in the US. Unfortunately not of much help for our friend in Norway.

Is there some reason you seem to have more faith in the RCF than the Yamaha DZR's? They seem similar, though I notice that the RCF has a slightly larger tweeter.

I notice the RCF speakers have convection cooling instead of fans, that seems like a huge plus to me. I hate that fan noise.

I have Yammy DSR (predecessor to the DZR). They are outstanding. I have heard great things about DZR as well. I'd be all over those if I was shopping for new speakers.

Back
Top Bottom