P90 Pickup Noise/Hum

gvsb15

Inspired
Would anyone have a solution for this? These are the newer P90 pickups made by Dusenberg. None of my real amps or even my Kemper are picking up the noise (all dead silent) like the Axe II is. It's pretty intense / currently can't use this guitar with the Axe II. I've tried the noise gate but it doesn't seem to work. All clean patches. Thoughts?

I have a stock '56 VOS Les Paul with P90's and hear a similar amount of hum through amps and the Axe-FX II. That said, since I go direct through USB I've found the hum is much more manageable when I face away from my computer & FRFR monitors.

Yeah, I've been trying the move away method as well but very little decrease on my end. I'm going through an audio interface (Line). Do you get the same noise with your reg amps / Is it consistent or just through the Axe?

I have a P90 in my Gibson Dark Fire Les Paul and I have no Problems other than the Fact that it is a Single Coil Pickup so High Gain has Hum the same as my Fender HSS Strat in the Single Coil 5 and 3 Position.
But on Clean Amps/Patches it is Quiet.
Did you try the Ground Lift Switch in the Back?

Try Layout>input/gte grab the input Imp control and try one of the settings with a cap. Helps with high frequency nouse on my telecasters. I think the problem with the Axe Fx is the input circuit can be too good....

I have a stock '56 VOS Les Paul with P90's and hear a similar amount of hum through amps and the Axe-FX II. That said, since I go direct through USB I've found the hum is much more manageable when I face away from my computer & FRFR monitors.

Have I seen this guitar yet? I don't think I have, but I can't help but think that I should....

p

Peter - you have not, but you definitely should.

Here's a taste (though not through an Axe-FX) - this is a "traditional" setup CAA OD100 Classic +

Very cool, I need to check that out for sure! I'm loving P90s lately. A gold top with p90s seems like it would be dreamy...

Back
Top Bottom