FM9 P&W Tones with the FM9

Very Nice !!!!
I bought an FM3 about 2 months ago waiting on my chance at the FM9
This will be week 3 using live on Sunday.

I notice it looks like you are running L & R XLR out are you using stereo on you FOH set up ?

Nice tones / playing as usual.

I wish I could run stereo. We have the extra channels available to make it happen, but it would be a pain for the people running the board (which I also do some weeks). We would either have to run into two non-consecutive channels or we'd have to change the routing of several other audio channels. That isn't going to happen. The FM9 still sounds great in mono.

Great tones and playing! I enjoyed the different use of effects and the way you dialled them in with just the right mix. Do you have a way of sharing/selling your presets? I'd love to have a look at what you have done.

Great tones and playing! I enjoyed the different use of effects and the way you dialled them in with just the right mix. Do you have a way of sharing/selling your presets? I'd love to have a look at what you have done.
I'll 2nd everything chucma said. Outstanding work! And I'd love to check out your presets.

I'll 2nd everything chucma said. Outstanding work! And I'd love to check out your presets.

Thanks guys! I have definitely considered selling a patch or two. I even have some things set up to do it but have never pulled the trigger. I’m sure we could work something out.

That rotary in the verse of Reckless love sounded amazing! I'm playing that song this coming Sunday and I might have to see if I can dial in something similar.

Thanks! Yeah I love doing that haha. That 2nd verse part was mostly inspired by a live version I had found on YouTube a while back. Much cooler than the radio version.

It doesn’t look like much haha. Just an iPhone getting rattled to death by massive subwoofers but I recorded my IEM mix and put this compilation together from some of my favorite bits.

Using my own presets…

That devil of a click track and the unclean spirit calling out the changes both need an exorcism. ;)

Can still hear the great tones and playing, though. :)

Last edited:
Sounds great! If you'd don't mind sharing I'd love to take a look at the preset. I'm working on getting a proper stereo preset going for church at the moment. (I already have your Super Bolt saved in my drive block ;))

Also, I liked the way you added your own personal style to the songs. Nice, refreshing lead lines, that sounded different and cool. Not just like the record, note for note. I like to add my own style, to the worship songs I play.
Again, well done !

Also, I liked the way you added your own personal style to the songs. Nice, refreshing lead lines, that sounded different and cool. Not just like the record, note for note. I like to add my own style, to the worship songs I play.
Again, well done !

Thanks
(Steve?)
I appreciate that.

Sometimes, you gotta do things differently when you don’t have 6 electric guitarists and 4 synth players on stage hahaha.

And sometimes it’s just fun to change it up regardless.

Back
Top Bottom