FM3 P&W Recording

Casimir

Inspired
A lot of folks mention not really knowing much about the P&W sound. For anyone interested, here is a recording of our Good Friday service. I am playing the lead guitar (the bald guy in the back center), and was mixed reasonable high in the recording.

Our church is a small church, so we don't have the resources for vocal pitch correction, or a separate live stream mix, so the sound in the recording is raw from the sound board which is not ideal, but hopefully it can give people an idea of the genre as I feel the sounds are fairly representative of P&W. All my presets are attached if any P&W folks liked the tone.

My guitar - Taylor Solidbody Classic, heavily modded.

IRs used - Ownhammer 212 VC30 Standard Bundle - OH 212 VC30 H30 OH1-05 for everything except the Princeton preset

Songs - Presets:
God You Are My God - PW Morgan w/ delays set to 1/8 note
Only A Holy God - Only A Holy God (Uses a reverse delay!)
The King Has Come - PW Morgan
How Great Is Your Love - PW Matchless
Lamb of God (minor key!) - PW Matchless
O the Cross - PW Princeton
So Will I (100 Billion X) - So Will I (100 Billion X) (Uses Melting Delays)!

Attachments

• Only A Holy God.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
  • PW Matchless.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PW Morgan.syx
  • PW Princeton.syx
  • So Will I (100 Billion X).syx
I played in worship teams for over 10 years and used FAS products with great results. Sounds real good, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for sharing. Im def gonna check them out. Im still searching for the "right" verb sound. I know what I want but Im an idiot at trying to navigate all the verbs in the FM3. Our WL uses a Big Sky and gets this KILLER "worbly" sounding verb that I can't figure out how to do. You got any ideas?

Thanks for sharing. Im def gonna check them out. Im still searching for the "right" verb sound. I know what I want but Im an idiot at trying to navigate all the verbs in the FM3. Our WL uses a Big Sky and gets this KILLER "worbly" sounding verb that I can't figure out how to do. You got any ideas?
The Stratocumulous reverb is pretty similar to the big sky cloud. It does not have as much warble, but it is very lush. Combining that in series with a plex verb with some modulation can help get that warble and sheen that a big sky has. Also, you can add multiple LFOs in the delay modulation section that can add tons of warble.

Back
Top Bottom