P.A. OFF = dark

Billbill

Power User
Going back through some old presets in my axe I saw that in some of my two amp presets one of the amps power modeling is off i.e. PA OFF. When I clicked it to default (1.00) the tone became very dark and lost most dynamics/articulation. it actually sounded better with it off and the other amps PA on. What parameter in the amp block should I adjust to get that articulation back in the tone? Thx

Going back through some old presets in my axe I saw that in some of my two amp presets one of the amps power modeling is off i.e. PA OFF. When I clicked it to default (1.00) the tone became very dark and lost most dynamics/articulation. it actually sounded better with it off and the other amps PA on. What parameter in the amp block should I adjust to get that articulation back in the tone? Thx
Are you running one amp into the other? In that case, you want the Sag at 0 on the first amp because you are using it as a preamp only.

If not, you probably want to lower Master Volume.

Are you running one amp into the other? In that case, you want the Sag at 0 on the first amp because you are using it as a preamp only.

If not, you probably want to lower Master Volume.
No they're in parallel and both running. I'll try that MV thing, thanks unix-guy!

That’s the Supply Sag parameter.

The default varies per amp type. Reset the Amp block (channel) to see the real default for the selected amp type.

It is possibly turned off (PA off) because the preset is set up for two purposes: FRFR or playing with a tube power amp amp and a guitar cab.

Back
Top Bottom