OZZY Flying High VIDEO MARK DAY Fatter strings Skinnier dude.

GR8 as usual Mark. Quick question ( a wee bit off topic) : I'm thinking about gettin the Suhr aldrich pups for my EBMM Axis (basswood body/maple neck). I basically love the same genre of music you do (from what I can glean on most of your clips). I currently have SD blackouts...sound a bit sterile to my ears.

Also, listening to your latest vid, I'm really gassin for the AFX 2. though I'm pretty happy with the sounds of my Ultra and my Atomic 50/50 wedge setup as of late. Cheers

Where ever Randy is he has a big smile on his face. That sounded amazing. You really did that song justice. The tone is so great and thank you so much for posting your brilliant presets. You are a gift to this forum. Happy Holidays.

Incredible Mark!

Love that tone with the crispyness but girth. I'll have to check out that preset soon...killer. Love that 'amp about to blow up' kind of tone. Great playing, and I will certainly be going over that video to re-learn this song...

Is the Enhancer engaged on that preset? Might be a cool thing to kick in on the solo to 'go huge'...

Ron

Thanks Ron! I actually use the Sample Delay in Logic Pro on one side of the guitar tracks to give it some space :)

Mark

Thank you for the video.
I'd like to comment on a specific point though (hopefully you won't be offended): I hear unpleasant high frequencies when you play the open E & B strings (@54/56 secs for instance).

Thank you for the video.
I'd like to comment on a specific point though (hopefully you won't be offended): I hear unpleasant high frequencies when you play the open E & B strings (@54/56 secs for instance).

That's not the unit it is the player. I am so used to playing that live and I always made a point of making that part very much in the mix....just a habit of playing live with a loud band :)

BTW, not offended at all :)

Mark

Last edited:
That's not the unit it is the player. I am so used to playing that live and I always made a point of making that part very much in the mix....just a habit of playing live with a loud band :)

BTW, not offended at all :)

Mark

Cool :)
I also use the open E & B strings a lot in my rhythm parts (hence my concern).
Not exactly my style but just for comparison this is how I like the open E & B strings to sound (I have no idea what his setup is??):

Thankyou - Enjoyed that.

The camera on your fretting hand is really good - many online lessons I've viewed do not do as good a job giving the student such a good look at the fretting hand. I'm still faily novice and always looking for vids that show clearly the fret hand movements - this is one of the best I've seen.

I remember when this song was on the radio every day just before Randy died -1983? i was working at a gas station after school playing in a band and 'No one like you' Scorps, You got another thing comin Priest, and Flying high again- Ozzy were on the playlist everyday! Excellent job showing all the nuances of the tune Mark!

One of my favorite players played by another one of my favorite players! As always Mark, GREAT tone as well as making it all look too damn easy!

Damn! You made my day; again!! Thanks, and as always great job and fantastic tone!!!

icon_1_0_6.png

You've inspired me...

to stay on my diet.

Fook dieting...exercise...eat whatever you want.

Mark: Took this preset for a spin. REALLY liked it. (Had to drop some of the 125...too boomy for my pups...) The best (and simplest) you've created so far IMO.

Don't agree with the 'spiky' comments. Could have been recording, but everything I've heard of Randy has been in the arena of spiky...so charge on and let 'em wince. Threw it into Logic Pro to see what it recorded like and took my head off.

Much appreciated...and welcome back.

R

Back
Top Bottom