OwnHammer - Vox AC30, Mesa 412, Mesa 212 - The Justin York Collection Volume 1

Much appreciated. I tried the 57/121 combo in a bit closer with no dephase and a motor drive at 2...and the cuts at 90 and 12000. I like it. What I don't know is what is getting applied to my channel on our Presonus board. I think it's a preset. So, I'll need to see how that goes. Right now I'm taking my monitor from the board vs. a separate run that I control.

I'm glad you're liking it. Remember which Presonus preset is on your board in case you want to get back to it, but I would flatten out your channel and see how it feels to you. If your PA is really bright, you may want to try setting your high cut around 10k or so. That's what our FOH guy tends to do with all guitars.

Hey Coby, well since you don't have an XL, here are my settings (so far) for the Atomica High. Tweak them to your personal preference, but I hope you find them helpful.

Amp Sim: Atomica High
Basic: Input Drive-5, Bass 3.73, Mid 4, Treb 5.38, Bright 1.41, Presence 6.46, Depth 4.25, Master 5
GEQ 8 Band Var Q: 250 -1.20, 4k -1.92, 8k -.96
Power Amp Hardness: 3-5 (depending on your personal preference)
Speaker Drive: 1.7
Dynamics: Output Comp set to "Feedback" 0.94

Cab Block
IR: OH JY-MES-412 BR SM7B
Motor Drive: 1.58
Low Cut: 90hz
High Cut: 12k

Good luck, and let me know how they work out for you.

Thanks for sharing this for us MK2 guys. I'm finding it really useful.

Thanks for your information about your handling with live sound.

Is the lowcut only on the FOH- Signal or also on your In-Ear-Signal?

In my band we cut the the guitar signal till 180Hz momentary, but there´s not much fun left with this sound, so we set the lowcut in the monitormix to 100Hz.

Thanks for your information about your handling with live sound.

Is the lowcut only on the FOH- Signal or also on your In-Ear-Signal?

In my band we cut the the guitar signal till 180Hz momentary, but there´s not much fun left with this sound, so we set the lowcut in the monitormix to 100Hz.

I cut low end in the cab block, so it cuts for both monitors and FOH. I fine tune it once the whole band plays together and I can adjust my sound to fit into the mix, but it tends to be anywhere between 90hz to 120hz to carve out enough room for kick and bass.

The Justin York Collection is not available at the OwnHammer store anymore. Has it been discontinued or replaced with another pack of better quality?

The Justin York Collection is not available at the OwnHammer store anymore. Has it been discontinued or replaced with another pack of better quality?

This pack has been discontinued.
There is a special entry in the FAQ that addresses this question which I've copied for you here:

I am looking for the Justin York Collection and cannot find it, is it available?

The JYC has been supplanted by the Core Tone Bundle, available at:

ownhammer.com/ctb

Continued interest in this defunct offering appears to stem from this online video recommendation of the following files:

OH-JY-MES-412 BL 57B2+121
OH-JY-VX30-212 L 421C2+121

Those will translate, respectively, in the CTB to be:

OH 412 RECTO V70B OH1-05
OH 212 VC30 BLU-93 OH2F-07

Back
Top Bottom