OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Hey everybody!

Not sure if you guys saw this but Kevin posted an update on the 412 FMan six pack recently on the OwnHammer Facebook page.
I figured I'd share it here too.
The pack is being worked on still but it's going to be worth the wait for multiple reasons.
Thanks so much for your patience and enthusiasm so far guys!

Here is Kevin's recent post:

412 FMAN update time!

Many folks are very excited to get their hands on this, and for good reason. Shortly after starting working on this cab, I was placed in a position of requirement to take on roughly a half dozen other necessary parallel projects, hence one of the reasons that this isn't out just yet. Another reason: it sounded so good and so special that I needed to add more content to do it full justice.

The 6-Pack for this cabinet will consist of the following 6 speakers, which will be offered as singles:

- M25M (modern production)
- M25V (pre-Rola)
- M93 (1993)
- V30M (modern production)
- V30V (1988 Marshall Vintage)
- V93 (1993 Mesa V30)

These alone cover a lot of ground, as they sound very different from one another even within their respective model type. For the 6-Pack exclusively, a blend of all three M25 types will be included as the M25B, and a blend of all the V30 types will be included as the V30B, in addition to blends of those two. The M25V and V93, in my opinion, deserved even more. For the 6-Pack exclusively, the M25V and M93, as well as a 50/50 blend of the two (entitled "MIX"), will be provided in "EMC", or Extended Mic Collection versions. Again, these are provided only for the 6-Pack contents. The EMC's consist of much of the "MMMC" (Massively Multi-Mic Collection) content that many of you became familiar with in the recent Basketweave GNR M25 library. A picture is worth a thousand words, however, so the folder image on the left here shows what the main folder looks like in terms of the included speaker options for the 6-Pack, and the folder image on the right here shows what the breakdown is inside one of the EMC folders.

In terms of progress, the library is all done except the V93 EMC (and subsequently the MIX EMC by dependency), and a couple little tunes I wrote for demonstration media. There is a lot still going on this month on my end, but I will be working as diligently as possible to have this out ASAP! Thanks for the patience, and believe me this will be worth the wait and another epic piece that many, many folks will greatly benefit from! :)

- Kevin

When... when... wheeennnn???????!!!!!???

Ha ha ha, im waiting since 2 months or so)) But i already gived up

I feel you guys, I really do.
I think when it's released (soon I promise) you'll not only really love it but you'll also understand why it took a while to complete.

We're also going to be more careful with announcements and teasers in the future because we understand that it can be a little frustrating sometimes.

Thanks for the patience!

Apologies for the delay on the 412 FMAN. When I announced it, I figured it'd take me a month, two tops to have it fully done and on the site, and it would have under normal circumstances. I've had the library almost complete and near stationary in that condition for about 2 months now, at which point I had some unexpected things pop up, resulting in me having no choice but to put the entirety of OwnHammer on pause due to a massive personal transition going on here behind closed doors (all good things, but it simply took every resource I had in terms of time and energy). That all came to completion this past weekend, and I am now back up to full steam and currently plowing through the last bit of the 412 FMAN to get it out the door. It will be done VERY soon, and it does genuinely kick ass. Several very cool cherries on top for the 6-Pack for this one as well. :)

- Kevin

Last edited:
Holy shnikes! It's finally here! https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=187

V4_412-FMAN.jpg

Oh mind!!! Just bought it!
It sounds spectacular!
I think I'll have lots of weeks to go deep into this 6-pack. Everything sounds great!
Almost 2 hours playing and I'm impressioned! Worth every penny!
Great job!

Just finished dumping a bunch of these onto my Axe, and I gotta say, it may just be first listen bliss, but the RIP and SHRED mixes are outstanding, and my become my new go to ir's. As I said, time will tell as my ears adjust from scrolling through all those damned IR's. But man there are some extremely tasty IR's in this collection. WELL DONE!

On a side note, how many use the OH EQ trick of -3db at 400hz? I keep it saved in my block library. and somedays my ears love it, and some days not. Anyone out there use it regularly?

On a side note, how many use the OH EQ trick of -3db at 400hz? I keep it saved in my block library. and somedays my ears love it, and some days not. Anyone out there use it regularly?

I have this block saved in my library too. There are some presets that I really like to use it, but in the most, I don't feel the need!

I've never even heard of it. What it is supposed to do?
It's in the manual for each cab pack. It is "supposed" to replicate the slightly more scooped response of a tube amp.I just know for me it removed this ting in the lower mid range that can sometimes stick out in a mix.

Isn't the Axe-Fx the replication of a tube amp? Seems redundant.

I personally never ever use that 'trick' because the amp models in the Axe Fx sound super realistic anyway and like you said, it's just kind of redundant.
I'll have to ask Kevin but I think it's a little dated...
To be honest, I hardly ever use EQ on my guitars anymore.
However, if it works for you, do it! No one will die from a little eq ;)

Back
Top Bottom