OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Close, yes. :cool: Exactly right, no. :confused: I'll try again! :)

No. The Emperor, EVH, and two Zilla cabinets will not be available as a single library with any of the speakers in the HHC2. The HHC2 is the HHC2, and will not be parted out as single libraries with those cab and speaker combinations. If anyone wants those cabs with those speakers, the HHC2 is the only place to get them. There may be an HHC2 Player Pack, but that is not guaranteed, is not the same feature set, and won't be in .wav format. Furthermore, these cabinets will not be used to create any new Single Cabinet Libraries entries on the OH site with other speakers not used in the HHC2. However, these cabinets will be used in an upcoming series of projects that are not Single Cabinet Libraries entries, and are not related to the HHC2 (so there is no carryover or comparison, apples to hamburgers, if you're interested in the HHC2 contents, go with the HHC2), but are very new project types and something to which I am not willing to further detail at this time.

Bottom line, if the contents of the HHC2 look appealing, I'd grab a copy. It's a great and very versatile collection of gear, shot with an impeccable attention to detail and high standard of approval throughout the development process, and so far all of the reactions I've seen from people in public arenas have been hyper positive, and very diverse in which areas of the pack have been their favorite. It's a very wide spread in what it can work with, and an incredible value for the money.

Hopefully that one came out better! :D

Hopefully that one came out better! :D
Yes. Thanks for the new post.

My brain just gets really confused when you have sentences that are 68 words long with commas and parentheses. This isn't the first time one of your posts has left me confused. Not taking a dig at you. It's just your style of communication and I seem to have a hard time grasping it, sometimes. ;)

Haha, sorry, usually I finish these before bed, but at 3 a.m. I was dragging hard so I just turned in. Just rebooted the server, and it's up now. :)

ownhammer.com/112-dvrb-417+atp

Both of these speakers alone sound great, but there is something VERY special about the 417+ATP speaker mix files. Not to be missed, IMHO.

Enjoy!
Just pulled the trigger. Very interesting speakers. Can't wait to try these out, later today!

Haha, sorry, usually I finish these before bed, but at 3 a.m. I was dragging hard so I just turned in. Just rebooted the server, and it's up now. :)

Both of these speakers alone sound great, but there is something VERY special about the 417+ATP speaker mix files. Not to be missed, IMHO.

Enjoy!

How does this differ from your previous Deluxe Reverb IRs? I've been using those for a while, but I just visited the site and it looks like they're not listed anymore (the 112DLXVRB).

Enjoy!
YEAH! The 417+ATP ( I gravitate to the SP-M+ and. OH2 files) not only is bitchen in my AX8 Fender amps, but brought to life my Deluxe Reverb in Helix Native...!

Okay. So, I just got jamming with this new Fender library. I settled on the ATP+417 OH1 with the Deluxe Verb Vib amp model. I also liked kicking on the BB Pre for crunchy riffs. This is all sounding very good through my Telecaster. Happy customer over here! :D

Glad to hear you're all digging the new DVRB content, hope you get some great mileage out of it! :)

Now that we got this fender stuff out of the way, let's talk some Marshall CB.....:p:D

LOL, and let me guess, with T75's in it, right? ;)

How does this differ from your previous Deluxe Reverb IRs? I've been using those for a while, but I just visited the site and it looks like they're not listed anymore (the 112DLXVRB).

The 112 DLXVRB is defunct and no longer available on the OH website. It has been supplanted indirectly (not exactly the same sound as it's not exactly the same gear, but ballpark) with the 112 DVRB CTS and 112 DVRB VNTG. Regarding the new library, a quote from the email:

"The 417 speaker is based on a 1977 Altec 417-8H and brings a warm and robust bottom end, with some vintage sounding crispness to the top. The ATP speaker is based on a Celestion A-Type, and has a very thick and rich midrange."

The 417, to my recollection, was a favorite of both Carlos Santana and Randy Rhoads. They are their own thing, but if forced I'd say that maybe in a very crude way they are somewhat like a half way point between an EV and a JBL. The ATP is a new thing that brand has done, and has a smooth overall tone with a midrange emphasis and warmth to it.

Last edited:
LOL, and let me guess, with T75's in it, right? ;)
Maybe mixed with V30's!
And you could also throw in a series of some 70's era blackbacks if ya happen to have any laying around. :p

Sorry, I just love the sound of that CB cab, no matter what speakers you shoot in it, it sounds great.

For you guys that bought the new HHC, I have a question. I know that this pack is geared towards heavy (no pun intended) or metal music. How does it play with more vintage type amps or genres like alternative rock? (Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Muse, ect.) Would my money be better spent on something else OwnHammer?

Back
Top Bottom