OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

If it helps, the BOLD is the same mix as the PROG. After the original HHC, where that mix debuted, I realized it was useful for much, much more than just that music style. To input it into non-metal packs and not have it glossed over it needed a more ambiguous name, and BOLD seemed a great way to describe the sound. Over time, I will be going back to all the libraries where this isn't and adding it, if possible, and also renaming all the instances of PROG where they currently exist. :)

Hey OH - for those of us who have purchased tons and tons of your IRs, are you reshooting those old ones with the new V4 process and updating the downloadable files? Is there any place where you note the ones that are "updated" to the new version (V4, V5, V6, etc.)?

Just curious if I need to go redownload the IR packs I purchased and go through them again (1,000's X 1,000's of cabs at this point).

Any updates on the Fender collection?

Smaller libraries here and there will be done in favor of the originally planned larger library, as I can no longer justify the large development cycle time for these lower return gear types. This decision was made in observation of the Fender (and Fender-ish) based libraries released earlier this year which as a far secondary function were a test of the current market size and interest. There will be one Fender based Duo library, though I can't promise any time frames, and everything else will come in small pieces at larger intervals of time in the Single Cabinet Libraries segment. The path of least resistance to completing more Player Packs are finishing the 112 DVRB and 410 SPRVRB with another two speakers each, which will be done first, and sometime hopefully before the end of the year. How regularly new Fender based gear, which I acquired a veritable army of in hopes of really pounding on if it was going to be worthwhile, comes to the top of the queue will depend on the sales movement of other similar units.

Hey OH - for those of us who have purchased tons and tons of your IRs, are you reshooting those old ones with the new V4 process and updating the downloadable files? Is there any place where you note the ones that are "updated" to the new version (V4, V5, V6, etc.)?

Just curious if I need to go redownload the IR packs I purchased and go through them again (1,000's X 1,000's of cabs at this point).

Anything prior to V4 is defunct and will permanently remain in its present state. Nothing wrong with them per say, just way too far off of the current methodologies and feature sets, and the vast majority were offered at unsustainably low price points. The majority of the V4 content needs a zip file packaging update (less zips with more data in each), and a few of the new mixes added in, but not much more than that. A couple of them will get re-shot, but literally just a couple.

For the most part, to make Player Packs of the cabs most will need two more single speaker options added in, and when I do that, I'll update the dual speaker library to have the most recent mixes, and the new zip file packaging. While there are a couple which have small potential logistical changes (a couple pieces of text in the PDF, or the like), anything you see in your account where the zip file download path starts with "SCL/" is done, finished, mature, final state, and I am (hopefully) never touching it again. There was an incident which took place earlier this year where I had to remove and replace (or just remove) some packages, and like the pre-V4 those are gone as well. I apologize, but I can't go into any further details on that matter. Anything else that is updated will be done so at no charge, and I will send out a Newsletter email notifying of any updates to those previous libraries and what was done. After a quick flurry of a few items in the not too distant future, this entire process will move VERY slowly, as there are other much higher priority items in the queue at the moment consisting of very rare gear and firsts for the OH catalog.

Hope that was informative!

Smaller libraries here and there will be done in favor of the originally planned larger library, as I can no longer justify the large development cycle time for these lower return gear types. This decision was made in observation of the Fender (and Fender-ish) based libraries released earlier this year which as a far secondary function were a test of the current market size and interest. There will be one Fender based Duo library, though I can't promise any time frames, and everything else will come in small pieces at larger intervals of time in the Single Cabinet Libraries segment. The path of least resistance to completing more Player Packs are finishing the 112 DVRB and 410 SPRVRB with another two speakers each, which will be done first, and sometime hopefully before the end of the year. How regularly new Fender based gear, which I acquired a veritable army of in hopes of really pounding on if it was going to be worthwhile, comes to the top of the queue will depend on the sales movement of other similar units.

Ok, thanks for the update! I totally understand your desision on realeasing single cabs as opposed to a bunch of cabs in a collection. Sounds like you've got some cool stuff coming in the future.

I'm sure there are a lot of us holding out hope for Fender-Type player pack(s?). Create them and they will sell!

I'll be curious to know what people think of HHC 2 and how it compares to the first or existing speakers.

HI Kevin, I'm just scratching the surface with the 2 Zilla (Fat Boy and Super Fat Boy). at the moment the "Full" mixes are my favorites and they sound amazing with any kind of amp and work really well to blend with any other ir's. Especially in this pack with the EDVH. So smooth and round - awesome. :cool:

hi , where I could find 4X12 trad v60 full ? its a stock cab on axe 8 (f149) i have the the pack OH v60 but i not find it

hi , where I could find 4X12 trad v60 full ? its a stock cab on axe 8 (f149) i have the the pack OH v60 but i not find it
It's from the Ownhammer Recto 4X12 players pack which can be found in the fractal store.
If you real the link here;
https://ownhammer.com/support/playerpacks/
down in the section where it describes mixes, it states the following;
"Full • the same as or very similar to the SP2-## in the Quick Start directory"
So if you check out the SP mixes in the quick start folder of your V60 pack you should be able to find this mix if you compare the sound of them.

It's from the Ownhammer Recto 4X12 players pack which can be found in the fractal store.
If you real the link here;
https://ownhammer.com/support/playerpacks/
down in the section where it describes mixes, it states the following;
"Full • the same as or very similar to the SP2-## in the Quick Start directory"
So if you check out the SP mixes in the quick start folder of your V60 pack you should be able to find this mix if you compare the sound of them.
I think @stephane is looking for a factory cab that is in the firmware for ax8 / axe-fx ii XL, but missing from the earlier axe-fx's.
I think it's in the firmware download section somewhere, sorry I can't find the link on my phone though

Wow! That Emperor cab is just... its just... wow!!! Have not had time to get to the others yet, but I can say this one is worth the price of admission alone!

It's a very cool cab, one of only a few 4x12's I've seen that deviates much from the general 1960 spec, and something I've wanted to get my hands on ever since I saw Marc of Veil of Maya using it during their Common Man's Collapse tour cycle. Glad to hear you are digging it as well! :)

HI Kevin, I'm just scratching the surface with the 2 Zilla (Fat Boy and Super Fat Boy). at the moment the "Full" mixes are my favorites and they sound amazing with any kind of amp and work really well to blend with any other ir's. Especially in this pack with the EDVH. So smooth and round - awesome. :cool:

Glad you're digging it Tony, and happy to see the Custom Mixes are getting some love! :)

As a single library with any of the speakers included in that cab for the HHC2, or further entries in the Single Cabinet Libraries section, no, as is the case with the other cabs in the HHC2. Will it be the last you see of that cab in the OH catalog, no, but...

forrest-gump-pic-1.jpg

for now...

:innocent: :sunglasses: :wink:

As a single library with any of the speakers included in that cab for the HHC2, or further entries in the Single Cabinet Libraries section, no, as is the case with the other cabs in the HHC2. Will it be the last you see of that cab in the OH catalog, no, but...

forrest-gump-pic-1.jpg

for now...

:innocent: :sunglasses: :wink:
I'm sorry, but, dude, I have to read and reread your posts. You have a way with words that come off way complicated and hard to cipher. I still have no idea what this post is trying to say. Can you please try and reword it?

My best guess as what you were trying to say:

No. The Emperor cabinet will not be available as a single library with any of the speakers in the HHC2. However, it may be available with different speakers.

Am I even close?

Back
Top Bottom