OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Just realised I have a whole bunch of V3 IRs from Ownhammer that I forgot I'd bought, and the few I sampled sound pretty killer. Maybe I don't need V4 after all? Pretty sure all these are V3 except the bottom two right?

I have:
212-GTR MAR-66 Multi-Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-TV EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR MAR-TV M-PR20-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR DZL-RL LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST H-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-PR-55 V3 MIX
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
According to Kevin from OwnHammer, all of those are considered "V3". Except for the 212 MAR-66, Kevin said this about it: "This was a transitional library between V3 and V4, leaning more the side of V4."

Rock. GnR, Van Halen, Kotzen, Motley, Ratt, Slash, etc. Just for fun.

I noticed Kevin says he has news about the Mar 412 CB cab a couple pages back so I might wait for that. However the V4 Marshall is probably looking like a newer version of what I have so I may just grab it. A couple of those Scumback M75 and H75 speakers would be nice though.

On the other hand I was messing with the Bogner 412 with the SB H75 and a Lynchback with the Cameron CCV 2C sounded killer tonight.

Rock. GnR, Van Halen, Kotzen, Motley, Ratt, Slash, etc. Just for fun.

I noticed Kevin says he has news about the Mar 412 CB cab a couple pages back so I might wait for that. However the V4 Marshall is probably looking like a newer version of what I have so I may just grab it. A couple of those Scumback M75 and H75 speakers would be nice though.

On the other hand I was messing with the Bogner 412 with the SB H75 and a Lynchback with the Cameron CCV 2C sounded killer tonight.
Ah, okay. Now I got an idea of what you like to play.

I would recommend the 412 BOG-ST. The speakers in that cab are excellent for the genre and Cameron-style amps that you play. It'd also be worthwhile to pick up the EDVH extension to that library, for some greenback flavor. Those three speakers, IMHO, would be your best bet.

Yeah, I like Greenbacks. I always have a Greenback or a Scumback variation in my IR. Sometimes I mix in a V30 or a Lynchback in. The MAR 412 is Greenbacks so the EVH cab seems like duplication and doesn't sound as nice as the Marshall in Kevins clips.

The Bogner ST seems like a nice option but I already have it in V3 form. I'll grab the MAR first next weekend when I am back home.

If there's not a huge change in quality between V3 and V4 then I probably have all I need already in the Bogner V3 and MAR66. The MAR66 collection has just about every speaker you could ever want, so I have a huge range to choose from. I'd love that setup in a 412.

The MAR66 collection has just about every speaker you could ever want, so I have a huge range to choose from.
I bought that when it first came out. It's a great variety pack, but I don't find myself using it much. Compared to the V4 4x12 cabs that I've bought after that, the MAR-66 sounds boxy. I bought the Vox collection the day it came out and the 2x12 in that collection sounds better than the MAR-66 2x12. Just my opinion, though.

Does anyone know if the FRED file is the 2 SM57 mics mixed together or just the one 45° angle mic?
I believe it's just one mic at a 45 degree angle because there's a FRED position for each mic.

Correct, thanks! FRED is just one mic at one position.

Just realised I have a whole bunch of V3 IRs from Ownhammer that I forgot I'd bought, and the few I sampled sound pretty killer. Maybe I don't need V4 after all? Pretty sure all these are V3 except the bottom two right?

I have:
212-GTR MAR-66 Multi-Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-TV EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR MAR-TV M-PR20-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR DZL-RL LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST H-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-PR-55 V3 MIX
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
According to Kevin from OwnHammer, all of those are considered "V3". Except for the 212 MAR-66, Kevin said this about it: "This was a transitional library between V3 and V4, leaning more the side of V4."

Correct as well, thanks again!

will there be any plans to update old librarys to v4? if so, will those updates be free or would there possibly at least be a discounted upgrade price?

Kevin, are there any new speakers coming to the Marshall 412 CB?

Like a monsoon once I get a few things set up on the site, namely template audio demonstration tracks, which I am working on now alongside some new IR content.

will there be any plans to update old librarys to v4? if so, will those updates be free or would there possibly at least be a discounted upgrade price?

No, low price/high volume sales models at the price points the OH site operates at are not sustainable under these practices unless the work requirement and capital investment to do so are next to nothing, to which these libraries would not satisfy either condition, let alone both.

Which I hope is the Fender collection. ;)

Three of the cabs I am working on right now are Fender based, though the productization model I am moving towards going forward is more single speaker based. Total disclosure, the monster libraries are just taking too long to put together and taking too much out of me physically to try to meet reasonable turnaround times. I'd rather be pumping out smaller libraries constantly than waiting 6 months between releases, which in about a month or so once I have some of the backlogged work caught up, it's going to be steadily flowing, and I'll be alternating between manufacturer types to keep a regular variety. :) I also feel that this will demonstrate the value of the Player Packs even more, and make things much clearer to define in terms of the line in the sand between them and the OH site contents to where it will be easier to fall to one side or the other.

Last edited:
Three of the cabs I am working on right now are Fender based
Great to hear.
though the productization model I am moving towards going forward is more single speaker based.
The only gripe I have with the new productization model is price point. For instance, the 412 EDVH has two speakers in it and is $14.99. The Class-A Duo has 8 speakers, 2 cabs and is $29.99 However, your new single speaker based model moving forward, like the 412 RECTO SHZ is $9.99. The "price per speaker" has increased under the new model plan, exponentially.
I also feel that this will demonstrate the value of the Player Packs even more
Another gripe about this, is that OwnHammer customers don't receive the "frequent flyer" discount. Also, they're not available in .WAV format. Which means, I won't be able to use them in my DAW, unless I spend the money on Cab Lab. And, another thing, I won't have access to the 500 ms format with these Player Packs. I like the concept of a streamlined pack because I do find myself sticking to the quick start folders. However, it's a lose-lose situation for me to invest in any of your future Player Packs. Which leaves me to sticking with the "full meal deal" packs on the OwnHammer website (which I probably don't need), paying more and getting less speakers.

AHA! It was you who sniped a couple of those 412 RECTO libraries last week RIGHT after I put them up even though I hadn't made them visible anywhere on the website (as I haven't finished the template demo track(s) for that yet, which I'm starting tomorrow) yet, haha! I was wondering who that was... Very sneaky, sir. ;)

AHA! It was you who sniped a couple of those 412 RECTO libraries last week RIGHT after I put them up even though I hadn't made them visible anywhere on the website (as I haven't finished the template demo track(s) for that yet, which I'm starting tomorrow) yet, haha! I was wondering who that was... Very sneaky, sir. ;)
Ha ha! I admit that I check the OwnHammer "latest additions" maybe a little too often, but I haven't purchased any...yet. ;)

So you're saying I still don't know who it is... Or at least their online avatar, if applicable... Devious. lol
81cf4e85296a789ba2b41b65c5795f4e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom