OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

There are OH1, OH2 and OH3 Mixes in the Marsh-UK Collection\412 MAR-TV\H30 Mixes.
What's the difference between them? I didn't find it in the description
I believe the mics used in the mixes are the following;

OH1: sm57 + r121
OH2: 421 + r121
OH3: a mix of both?

Can anybody explain what the SP2 and JS mixes use for mics?

Can anybody explain what the SP2 and JS mixes use for mics?
I think only Scott and Jon would be able to tell you that. I have a feeling they are not all based on the same mic combinations though, I believe they are just custom mixes of what they dialed in.

JS: UMT70S + r121
Interesting. That's a Gefell mic (if I'm not mistaken) and I always pegged it as an acoustic guitar mic. Honestly, I've never gelled with the JS mixes. They always sounded too dark for my taste. I'm sure Kevin mic'd it up right, but the 70S is sensitive to higher SPL's and I wonder how close he was placing this mic to the cab to avoid distortion.

Almost to a point where I can start catching up on forum stuff. The Fend-USA Collection had so much content that I had to break it into two libraries, which, combined with other plans that were conceived 6-9 months ago and hinted at on Instagram, gave birth to a new initiative you will see consume 2017 for OH releases, and I genuinely couldn't be more excited, for me and IR consumers. Over the last couple of years I have acquired some very rare, cool pieces of gear and they are going to start showing up soon. The Fend-USA is not the next library to be released, as I have parallel "things" (sorry, can't be descriptive right now) going on that influenced the development queue in terms of the next couple releases. Something Fender based is in the near term plans though. A little more can be determined on trajectory when you all see what the next release entails. It's something a little new, something necessary, and something I genuinely see catching on very well, which is why I have a lot of similarly built projects lined up behind it. I've had a bit of a lull in release activity lately in planning it out, and been pulled off on some external projects, but things will start ramping up again very soon. Thanks for hanging in there while I've gotten this all squared away. :)

I'll be happy when Ownhammer released Hiwatt 4x12 loaded with Fanes speakers hahaha :)

After seeing the name on the email (412 EDVH CAB) i was really hoping for the cab with its original speakers (Celestion G12 EVH) >.<

The stock config will make its appearance in the Heavy Hitters Collection Volume 2. The 412 EDVH standalone hits the VH tone on the head, where as I feel the reissue speakers are more of a modern metal speaker, not only in how they sound, but how they've been adopted by the market. Actually already have that cab with those speakers completely shot, just needs to get the rest of the pack built up around it. :)

Nice work Kevin! Any news on the Fender collection?

After this post I had made a statement that the Fender library had so much overflow that I needed to make it 2 libraries. Well, need to update that and make it 3. One of them is 2nd in the queue for completion, and will be out before too long!

Any chance of getting a slimmed down version of the heavy hitters collection? There's no way I would want to go through that many Ir's and I don't have the time. Maybe just sell the folder with the top choices for each cab? I'm overwhelmed just thinking about all those folders. I would love to buy them, thanks.

Jon had mentioned it a little later, but this is the reason for the Quick Start, Summary, and A1 Picks folders. To this end, the HHC won't be slimmed down any further, and any similarly configured single cab offerings don't sound similar enough to these to be considered duplicates/replacements. It may be big, but it's one of those libraries that will stand the test of time and be worth the investment, in all uses of the phrase, in my and many other's opinion. :)

Hi Kevin,

the free V4 are sounding fantastic!!
The 57 EDGE is really what i missed in your libraries of the older ones from Ownhammer.
And now there´s one left. What is about the mic KSM313?? Are there any plans??

Cheers,
Alex:sunglasses:

Glad you're digging it! Used to be an integral part of the Studio Mix Collection/Cab Pack 3 mixes, and I'm actually using that position again for a special mix on my next library, which is a Vox based Dynamic Duo library.

I had actually battled with myself on adding the 313 earlier this year, but decided against it as, in general terms, it's just a slightly brighter sound to the 121. One could just baby nudge up some 57 with it and perhaps achieve similar sounds, as well the 160 is a less dense ribbon that could be blended or used alone also. At that time, I took that funding and put it towards a vintage U87, which has made appearances in use on my Instagram and has been in regular use for the projects it will be included with at a later time. Probably a no go for the 313, for now anyway. :)

I looked through all the collections on the site, read all manuals but could not find Marshall G12M "greenback". Hmm...

There is a search bar on the top right of the website, if you enter G12M in it, it will bring up all the libraries that have one, save for one exception - the 412 MAR-CB EVM Expansion. That library gets the hit as I reference that speaker to describe the ballpark of a set of custom EV captures.

Regarding "greenbacks", it's basically a slang term used by guitarists in reference primarily to G12M-20, G12M-25, and G12H-30 speakers, 75 and 55 Hz cone alike, as it was the color of the plastic magnet covers. It gets used in referencing G12M's the most, but it's not an exclusive term, pretty loose and very vague, in practice.

There are OH1, OH2 and OH3 Mixes in the Marsh-UK Collection\412 MAR-TV\H30 Mixes.
What's the difference between them? I didn't find it in the description

The mixes in the Marsh-UK are unique, and were never used again after that library. At some point that whole thing is going to get overhauled and remade like the current libraries, but I have bigger fish to fry before then, so I don't have any estimates on when. Going through my notes, I'm actually not even entirely sure what they are with 100 percent certainty as the names of the library types varied as that was the start of something new. In the end though, they sound how they sound, and knowing what they're made of doesn't change that after you've heard it. If the notes I *think* are for the Marsh-UK are right, then:

OH1 = 57 + 121
OH2 = 57 + 70 + 121
OH3 = 57 + 70 + 121 + MID + ROOM

That seems right, but that's going back almost 2 years, and that's quite a bit for the tech field. :p

Interesting. That's a Gefell mic (if I'm not mistaken) and I always pegged it as an acoustic guitar mic. Honestly, I've never gelled with the JS mixes. They always sounded too dark for my taste. I'm sure Kevin mic'd it up right, but the 70S is sensitive to higher SPL's and I wonder how close he was placing this mic to the cab to avoid distortion.

It's more similar to a U87 than anything, just a little cleaner. The reason my interest was piqued in the first place was this, this record sounded awesome (same mic pairing as the JS mix, as well):

http://royerlabs.com/blink182.html

It is subject to significant proximity effect, and I place it accordingly. :)

Kevin, great to see you back :) ! Any chance to have 2X12 creambacks in the near future in the new dynamic configuration ? Thanks
Olivier.

So what is the next ownhammer pack going to be? Any news?

Glad you asked!

Now available on the OwnHammer site is the California Duo Impulse Response Library. This is the first in what will be a verbose series of dual cabinet packs that feature complimentary and highly regarded cabinets and speakers. Each cabinet has 4 speaker types, and all possible dual speaker combinations. In addition to that, there is a new Cab Blends section that allows you to get in between the sounds of each cab right out of the box. This allows you to open up a bigger cab or thicken up a smaller cab using natural elements, with no post processing or other signal chain alterations. Resident hero Guitarjon did a fantastic intro piece for this as well as full demonstration songs:

Please check out the product page linked at the top of this post for more info, pics, and demonstration media.

For this first entry, I started with some new ground in familiar territory to warm things up. Very soon I'm going to be dropping loads of new content, the bulk of which nobody even knows I possess, so all new pieces to be discovered and cherished. Forums are extremely difficult for me to keep up with nowadays given how busy I am with all the various branches of the operation I have to manage and maintain, as well as all the pies I have fingers in cooking things up behind the scenes. Best way moving forward to keep up with me will be to follow my Instagram and Facebook pages. I'm going to start photo journaling my developments, for which library turnarounds will be much faster moving forward now that I have all the build architecture in place for these new libraries. I'll start that next week with the next Dynamic Duo development. :)

Enjoy!

It's more similar to a U87 than anything, just a little cleaner. The reason my interest was piqued in the first place was this, this record sounded awesome (same mic pairing as the JS mix, as well):

http://royerlabs.com/blink182.html

It is subject to significant proximity effect, and I place it accordingly. :)
Thanks for the link. I'm not much of a Blink 182 fan, but I checked out that album just now. Holy shnikes! Very great guitar tones.

That led me to check the production notes for that album on Wikipedia. It did't hurt that badass guys like Tom Lord-Alge, Andy Wallace, and Jerry Finn mixed songs on that album.

Very cool. I may have to give the JS mixes another shot. ;)

Back
Top Bottom