OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

That's until @ownhammer releases a true V4-library with the EV-L in it. ;-)
I was under the impression that all IRs currently on the website are newest version. That's why Kevin revamped the whole website and ditched the V3 and other stuff.

Just wanted to pop in with a quick HHC progress update since anticipation for this one from many sources seems to be reaching fever pitch. All I have left to do is compile files for one more speaker in the last cab, make the selections for the 20 files in the A1 Picks folder, do the PDF, edit the pictures (alter the trademark logos and such), legal stuffs, and make the product page on the website. Jon has done a fantastic job with clips for this, so I'll very likely drop the library, then work on the couple clips I had written for it and add them to the product page after the fact.

I could not be more happy and proud of how this one has turned out, and know you guys are gonna love it. Release has now been upgraded from "Soon" to "Very Soon". Thanks again to everyone for the good vibes and patience while this monstrous beast has been assembled. :)

Can you give any insight as to what differs between the Mesa IR's in this pack from the original Traditional and Standard cabs you already offer?
I am just curious on a broad spectrum what the differences are, don't expect you to give away any proprietary techniques or anything.
Any hint you can give on price point of this collection?

Just wanted to pop in with a quick HHC progress update since anticipation for this one from many sources seems to be reaching fever pitch. All I have left to do is compile files for one more speaker in the last cab, make the selections for the 20 files in the A1 Picks folder, do the PDF, edit the pictures (alter the trademark logos and such), legal stuffs, and make the product page on the website. Jon has done a fantastic job with clips for this, so I'll very likely drop the library, then work on the couple clips I had written for it and add them to the product page after the fact.

I could not be more happy and proud of how this one has turned out, and know you guys are gonna love it. Release has now been upgraded from "Soon" to "Very Soon". Thanks again to everyone for the good vibes and patience while this monstrous beast has been assembled. :)

Pumped! Been holding back on buying guitar IRs because of this.

I'm thinking about buying the the MES-OS just for shits and giggles but I'd like to know how it differs sound-wise from the MES-ST cab that I already have. The FAQ on the site didn't make any sense to me. Thanks!

I'm thinking about buying the the MES-OS just for shits and giggles but I'd like to know how it differs sound-wise from the MES-ST cab that I already have. The FAQ on the site didn't make any sense to me. Thanks!

I believe the OS cab is a straight cab, and the ST and TR cabs are slant cabs.

Nope, they are different cabs.
The MES-OS is the 4x12" Mesa Rectifier Standard straight cab, also named Oversized (OS)
The MES-ST is the same cab as above (Rectifier Standard) but slanted.
The MES-TR is the 4x12" Mesa Rectifier Traditional (also named Mesa Stilletto cab). This one is almost the same size as a regular Marshall 4x12 cab. This paticular cab is slanted too.

Every cab sound different.

Last edited:
I've just updated the FAQ entry to be a little more organized and specific about the speaker types:

There are 4 different 4x12 MES cabinets represented in various products:

Kevin's 2001 Standard/OS slant 4x12
This cabinet is represented in the Free Demo library, and the 412 MES-ST.
Kevin's 2006 Standard/OS straight 4x12
This cabinet is represented in the Heavy Hitters Collection (HHC, coming very soon).
Justin's 2001 Traditional slant 4x12
This cabinet is represented in the 412 MES-TR.
Justin's 2008 Standard/OS straight 4x12
This cabinet is represented in the Justin York Collection (JYC), and the 412 MES-OS.

There are several different Mesa proprietary Vintage 30's represented in various products:

Kevin's 2001 70 Watt
This speaker is represented as the "V70" in the 412 MES-ST.
Kevin's 2006 70 Watt
This speaker is represented as the "V30" in the Heavy Hitters Collection 412 MES (coming very soon).
Kevin's 2012 60 Watt
This speaker is represented as the "V60" in the Free Demo/412 MES-ST, 412 MES-TR, and 412 MES-OS.
Justin's 2001 70 Watt
This speaker is represented as the "V70" in the 412 MES-TR.
Justin's 2008 70 Watts
This speaker grouping is represented as the 4 offerings in the MES-412 of the Justin York Collection (JYC), and the "BR" speaker from the JYC is also represented as the "V70" in the 412 MES-OS.

Short of it is there are no direct redundancies in cab/speaker combination with exception to the JYC/412 MES-OS, but the one overlap of cab/speaker sees a completely different feature set.

I plan to do a straight Traditional, but it's not yet on the site and not what is included in the HHC. :)

I have the MES OS and the TR packs. Don't have the ST
The Mesa OS (Oversized) 4x12 has something much crunchier, somehow, going on in the lows. High gain double tracked and panned palm mutes are monstrous, I particularly like the JS and SP2 mixes. There's some "room" in them, but it doesn't sound like reverb, it sounds like a cabinet resonating.

I have the MES OS and the TR packs. Don't have the ST
The Mesa OS (Oversized) 4x12 has something much crunchier, somehow, going on in the lows. High gain double tracked and panned palm mutes are monstrous, I particularly like the JS and SP2 mixes. There's some "room" in them, but it doesn't sound like reverb, it sounds like a cabinet resonating.

That's what I needed to hear. And now to give Kevin my money.

That's what I needed to hear. And now to give Kevin my money.

Well I hope you get something you like out of them!

Am working on a song in D standard and definitely having to use something like the Andy Sneap multiband compressor setting (compressing only a band around 65 to 250 hz) to get the palm mutes and chug stuff to "sit in the mix" - but it's a busy mix. This is using the Mesa OS 4x12, so by itself it sounds great but needs some work (at least with my guitars) in a mix.

I think my favorite Ownhammer cabinet is the EV Thiele 1x12 that, I guess, is no longer available, but paired with my Suhr and the Triaxis Lead Yellow 2 it just has a fantastic almost fusiony/metal sound for leads and so on.

The Heavy Hitters Collection hinted at earlier in this thread is now available!

ownhammer.com/hhc

Resident hero Guitarjon did a fantastic cursory overview of the library at a glance that can be seen at the top of the product page as well as here:

This library contains all unique content. Any cabs that may have seen an entry elsewhere on the site are shot here with new and different speaker types/revisions/specimens/etc. The Mesa V30 cab variance is covered in the F.A.Q., the Orange V30 cab variance is that the single cabinet library version has 16 ohm Orange V30 speakers, the HHC version has 8 ohm Orange V30 speakers. The Diezel front loaded and Marshall Mode Four cabs are new entries in the OwnHammer stable and very, very cool boxes.

This library has 9,168 unique IR files, however the folder organization makes it a complete breeze to flow through and find what you want. If you want to click through it all before picking the library up, there is a link in the "IR Captures" section of the product page with a zip file containing the folder structure with no files included.

New to this library are multiple new mix types, such as CUT/CUT-M+/CUT+121, CHUNK, and the Summary mixes at the top of the Single Cabs and V30 Cab Blends section.

Thanks for everyone's patience and support in this release, a look at the file count may be an indication of why it took 6 months to complete the project. :)

DL this morning, and started going through them. These sounds fantastic! Kudos to you on the hard work!
Just as a side note, so far the JS mixes are my favorites. All extremely usable, and seem to be tailored to my amp settings!
Again KUDOS to everyone involved in this project, hands down some of the best IR's I have purchased yet!

Back
Top Bottom