OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Hi there : I have spent a few hours playing with the 212VXT : great cab (once again) Kevin !
The alnico blue is indeed very different (more vintage sounding) than the VX30 one. Compared to the Bogner SH, the gold is a little bit brighter and less '"tight" on the bass side , but in a nice way. The great thing is that the two speakers of the VXT complement really well with each other : if your sound is too dark with the blue add a little bit of gold to make it brighter and vice versa. This and the constant evolution of the Axe Firmwares, what a great time to play guitar :)

I hate this shit… every time I come here to listen to clips and reviews; I end up acting like a bitch in a shoe store during a clearance sale. :rolleyes:

Oh wtf… just get em all and get it over with… ;)

Nice work Kev… keep em commin!

Any idea when this one will be released? Got $ burning a hole in my pocket...

If this is in reference to the Heavy Hitters Collection (HHC), not too far off but not immediate. I have most of the cabs/speakers shot, but after that there are a lot of extras that need to get created, demos that need to be done, etc. Since there's expectation, I'll probably drop a soft release link in this thread when the library is on the site but I'm still working on extra demos before I make the full announcement. :)

Also a big fan of the 212 BOG-OS; I really love the way those two speakers blend together in the speaker mix files. Was wanking around on a DC-30 breakup tone, just thumbed through the OH1 files and landed on 06 fitting the way my ears liked it:

http://www.ownhammer.com/temp/Tele-OH-212-BOG-OS-V30+M25-OH1-06.wav

Great for rock, country, P&W, alternative, you name it. Super cool and versatile cab/speakers. :)

With the V4 impulses, I often come back to V3 "212-GTR_BOG-SH_V30-CH-16" and especially the unique mix file.
It's a kind of cristalline clean sound, with the Badger 30 for ex, it's very difficult to have better.
What's the specification (mic and placement) of the unique V3 mix file?

What's the specification (mic and placement) of the unique V3 mix file?

If memory serves me, that was the 121, 414, 421, and 57 mixed together. Which positions and at what levels I do not recall at this point. Those were also "phase out" mixes, where they were intentionally not aligned perfectly, so very much a 'snowflake' mix, as every library that has those will be a little different than another in the interaction there. That was also my favorite from those libraries as well. :)

In Heavy Hitters Collection (HHC) news, Mr. Guitarjon has dropped a clip of the Marshall Mode Four cab in action using all 3 speakers:

More details on the bits and pieces can be found in his thread on it HERE.

New V4 Single Cabinet Library release today, the 112 DLXVRB. This library is based on a 1960's Fender Deluxe Reverb open back 1x12 combo, and features Celestion Vintage 30 and vintage Jensen C12R speakers. Mr. York came up with the following clips for it:

More info on the bits and pieces can be found in this thread on it HERE.

Well ... Mr York :) did an amazing job. Could you tell us more about the mix used in the 2 clips ? Thank you.

I'm so glad you like the clips! I worked with Kevin on selecting the Quick Start IRs and used the OH1F-07 (which is a 57-121 mix) for both speakers. The V30 is actually extremely versatile and has a more rounded tone to it, whereas the C12R has a bit more of that vintage crunch to it. Think Ryan Adams. I think you can hear the differences between the two speakers in the clips, as well as hearing how well they pair together.

Does that answer your question?

Back
Top Bottom