OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

I just downloaded the 212-VXT library, and I am really enjoying the JS mixes. I usually use SP2 mixes, but his mix works better for this Vox cab. Are you able to add the JS mixes in the other V4 libraries?

Also, what mics are being used in the SP2 and JS mixes?

Thanks!

- New Release -

212 VXT

Cab:

Based on a Vox open back 2x12 extension cabinet.

Speakers:

"BLUE" based on 1963 Celestion Alnico Blue speakers.
"GOLD" based on Celestion G12 Alnico Gold speakers.

A question to Kevin :

I already own the 212 BOG-SH (including the "Gold" speakers based on Celestion G12 Alnico Golds) and 212 VX30 (including the "Blue" speaker based on Celestion Alnico Blue speakers).

Is there a big difference between these IRs and the ones of the new 212 VXT (Gold and Blue too).

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the VXT library. The '63 Blue speaker is much darker than the Blue speaker in the VX30 library. Very vintage sounding. I like using the '63 Blue speaker (darker) for my single coil guitars and the Gold speaker (brighter) for my humbucker guitars.

A question to Kevin :

I already own the 212 BOG-SH (including the "Gold" speakers based on Celestion G12 Alnico Golds) and 212 VX30 (including the "Blue" speaker based on Celestion Alnico Blue speakers).

Is there a big difference between these IRs and the ones of the new 212 VXT (Gold and Blue too).

Thank you.
there is a difference for sure....how much so is really up to your ears. the Bogner holds together in the low end better, is smoother all around.

i was doing a quick clip test for a friend in a FB group of the Shiva Amp block into the Shiva cab. At the end I do the VXT with Golds for comparison. Same settings in the amp block. You can def hear a difference.

First pass is Bogner Shiva 212 with golds, second with silvers, third with gold + silver, fourth is silver + gold, last is Vox Extension 212 with golds.

412 MES:
- CL80 - Based on Celestion Classic Lead 80 speakers.
- H30 - Based on Celestion G12H-30 Creamback speakers.
- V30 - Based on Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
Is this the MES Traditional or Standard?

Please say, "Traditional." ;)

I just downloaded the 212-VXT library, and I am really enjoying the JS mixes. I usually use SP2 mixes, but his mix works better for this Vox cab. Are you able to add the JS mixes in the other V4 libraries?

Thanks!
If you have the reply, i like to know too what are the Mic use in SP2 and JS mixes. ;)

Thanks!

I can retroactively add the JS mixes to previous libraries with data from the capture sessions. I have a lot going on right now, but I'm hoping to do that as well as add the PROG mixes to the 4x12 cabs that don't yet have them at some point.

Mic mix details are available in the PDF documentation, and any not disclosed are done so for various internal purposes. All but one of the mix types uses my "phase out" technique (intentionally imperfect time/phase alignment), and the method by which they are combined likely isn't something that the vast majority will be able to replicate due to the processes involved. In this way, attempting to replicate them likely won't end up giving the same result. That said, Jon noted some techniques on his method here. :)

A question to Kevin :

Thank you.

As Dapeegoo and jlynnb1 so kindly contributed (thanks guys!), the '63 Blue in the VXT is a darker, more vintage flavor than the '94 Blue in the VX30, and the Gold in the VXT is a more focused and brighter flavor than what is in the BOG-SH. I would venture to also say that the VX30 is a more 'open' sound, where the VXT is more 'direct'. Both have their places they shine, and it's cool to have different flavors, especially for mixing things like what jlynnb1 is doing with the VXT GOLD and BOG-OS V30.

Is this the MES Traditional or Standard?

Please say, "Traditional." ;)

This is actually a (kind of, not really?) funny story. Earlier this year I was hunting for a straight Traditional cab, and a very specific year range that I was looking for. I found one from a Ma & Pa music shop, bought it, then it turned out that they sent me the wrong kind of cab (a straight Standard) even though in the picture it was absolutely, no question about it a Traditional. I was pretty upset... until I took some test shots of it. It sounded so insanely good, and noticeably different from any of the other Mesa cabs currently on or yet to be released on the site, that I gladly kept it. I'm still browsing around for that very specific year range of straight Traditional, but the Standard cab in this library has absolutely won my award for favorite Mesa V30 and will be my first call for this kind of sound. The image detail and overall character is exceptional, IMHO anyway. Pretty sure Jon is gaga for it too. :)

This is actually a (kind of, not really?) funny story. Earlier this year I was hunting for a straight Traditional cab, and a very specific year range that I was looking for. I found one from a Ma & Pa music shop, bought it, then it turned out that they sent me the wrong kind of cab (a straight Standard) even though in the picture it was absolutely, no question about it a Traditional. I was pretty upset... until I took some test shots of it. It sounded so insanely good, and noticeably different from any of the other Mesa cabs currently on or yet to be released on the site, that I gladly kept it. I'm still browsing around for that very specific year range of straight Traditional, but the Standard cab in this library has absolutely won my award for favorite Mesa V30 and will be my first call for this kind of sound. The image detail and overall character is exceptional, IMHO anyway. Pretty sure Jon is gaga for it too. :)
Very interesting and cool accident. I'll definitely be picking this one up, once it comes out.

It sure does!
What speakers are you using in it?
I was listening through my monitors - as I do not yet have any FRFR gear. I have a pair of Yamaha H7s into a MOTU UltraLite. I have a bunch of half recorded material sitting in my DAW and some of these IRs would really bring the guitars to life. (feeling a bit inspired about all of that).

Back
Top Bottom