OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Yeah, sorry on the sysex files, guys. My hands are tied there, nothing I can do, and I apologize for any inconvenience. If you are recording though, I still stand by my position that you would be best served using the .wav files anyway, ESPECIALLY for the smaller cabs with all the auxiliary files that are thrown in. Just my opinion, anyway!

On a positive note, people have been asking me for about 3-4 years now to do a Bassman cab. Though I haven't heard everything, the one on the site right now I have is definitely the one that puts the biggest smile on my face. :) I liked the speaker currently provided more than the vintage and new production P10R's, which is why I went with that version of them first. I also have to give major props to the 210 BCSTM J10-CR-OR, and 212 BCSTM J12-CN-RI, I think those are also massive sleepers that deserve spotlights for Fender tones and must haves for single coil clean and breakup sounds.

Lots more cool stuff to come, and hopefully a surprise announcement in addition to this week's releases coming in the Newsletter this weekend if I can get the necessary 'stuff' done. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

It was in the email newsletter but I missed it as well. I bought some of the small cabs and thought I didn't get all the files or something, lol. Oh well, spurred me to get CabLab, glad it did. (You don't have to have it, there's a free converter on the OH site, normal red, though)

Have I missed a memo in regards the sysex stuff?

I mentioned it in the newsletter and on the Facebook announcement post, as well amended the "File Formats" section of the product pages and took the FAS logo off the header for the V3 Mix Libraries in the global sidebox on the left side of the website.

I tried, I did. :lol

I mentioned it in the newsletter and on the Facebook announcement post, as well amended the "File Formats" section of the product pages and took the FAS logo off the header for the V3 Mix Libraries in the global sidebox on the left side of the website.

I tried, I did. :lol

Is this some sort of falling out between you and FAS?

Is this some sort of falling out between you and FAS?

To dispel inaccurate assumption, I'm going to address this:

Not at all. :)

To prevent any additional inaccurate assumption, I'm going to go ahead and be forward with my reasoning for removing the .syx files:

If you have Cab Lab 3, open it, then look at the bottom right. Click on the words "PERSONAL USE ONLY". To provide files for sale, you need a commercial license from FAS. I have looked over the terms of the commercial license, and as I have lots of folks depending on me for a great many platforms I felt it best to just stick with the offering the .wav files. This doesn't alienate Fractal owners in the least. Other companies with proprietary formats offer free converters or simply load the .wav files. It is Fractal's model to have a commercial conversion utility, which does a mother load more, I'm sure cost a lot in terms of paying the employees who create, support, and update it, and is a great value for what they are charging for it. Nobody is the bad guy here, in my opinion, no bait and switch, none of that stuff, just business.

That is the "external" factor mentioned in the email.

There is also the element of updates to 3rd party formats. I am hoping to put out literally thousands of these things. Should an update come to any of the 3rd party file formats, a new one be added (like the XLPlus just did, one assumes the AX8 will too), I am not going to go back and recompile or update all those files for several hundred or thousand libraries every time, I'm just not. Just a couple days ago I found out that Kemper Cab Maker has an update that coincided with their V3 firmware. Knowing that, I am likely going to remove the Kemper files this next week and just put conversion ready .wav files in the Kemper folder that are properly prepared for their device. Once I get all these libraries done, I do not want to have to spend time supporting the files themselves, not with the super mondo product volume and absurdly low price point a la carte model I have going on.

That is the "internal" factor mentioned in the email.

Hope that helps clear the air. :)

The ENG V30-EN-08 V3 Slays. This is my first OH purchase but wont be my last.

I was thinking the Diezel OH-Modern but I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with it versus the "named" speaker mixes.

A bit late to the party there! :)

I got about 300 or so of these in and it just became option paralysis for too many guitarists looking through the menus, so continuing to build them out through every permutation was cut and more condensed libraries with additional sonic enhancements are replacing them. What is on the site now is are the only libraries currently offered, all previous products have been disabled and when I have time I'll be going through all those old menus and removing the body contents so that any back links to the categories result in the product not found message, preventing a couple clicks to the disabled product pages.

Silly question Kevin .

On the Bass Ir sample in your signature that Jyork did what Cab IR is on the guitar it sounds massive

Something that never got released that was one of my favorite, unique things I've done but never had time to properly introduce it. Who knows, maybe I'll do it for V4. It will definitely be a market first, that's for sure. I know that's extremely vague, but it was weird. It used a Mills Acoustics 4x12 though. :)

Is the newly organized Studio Mix Collection the same as these packs?
112-GTR DLX MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection
212-GTR BOG-SH MIX Vintage Speaker Collection

Something that never got released that was one of my favorite, unique things I've done but never had time to properly introduce it. Who knows, maybe I'll do it for V4. It will definitely be a market first, that's for sure. I know that's extremely vague, but it was weird. It used a Mills Acoustics 4x12 though. :)

Hmmm cool . sounds great whatever it was .I have actually heard a few people comment that the Mills Afterburner ??cabs were well liked and sought after

Is the newly organized Studio Mix Collection the same as these packs?
112-GTR DLX MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Modern Speaker Collection
212-GTR BOG-SH MIX Vintage Speaker Collection

Correct. Changes are only that I removed Nebula, removed .syx, removed .kipr, changed the file name convention slightly (less characters, like changing OwnHammer to OH), changed the folder structure to current standards, and included all of the loading platform breakdowns for the .wav files and thus zip files (Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-Notes) in addition to the core Wav-200ms and Wav-500ms directories. Then piled them together into one library. These also have all three original power amp options, like the ones sold on the OwnHammer website.

Hmmm cool . sounds great whatever it was .I have actually heard a few people comment that the Mills Afterburner ??cabs were well liked and sought after

Correct, the Afterburner cab, it's very cool, unique, and utterly monstrous physically. Looking forward to shooting that one again in V4. :)

Is there a way to make that pack downloadable in the new format for those of us who originally purchased them?

They are excellent packs. Loads of great options.

Thank you Kevin.

Correct. Changes are only that I removed Nebula, removed .syx, removed .kipr, changed the file name convention slightly (less characters, like changing OwnHammer to OH), changed the folder structure to current standards, and included all of the loading platform breakdowns for the .wav files and thus zip files (Atomic, Fractal, Kemper, Line6, Two-Notes) in addition to the core Wav-200ms and Wav-500ms directories. Then piled them together into one library. These also have all three original power amp options, like the ones sold on the OwnHammer website.

Correct, the Afterburner cab, it's very cool, unique, and utterly monstrous physically. Looking forward to shooting that one again in V4. :)

Is there a way to make that pack downloadable in the new format for those of us who originally purchased them?

They are excellent packs. Loads of great options.

Thank you Kevin.

I have to update the Nebula files for the 112 and 212, and was planning on lumping this into that heap for an overall update, and will announce it through email when I am able to get it done, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom