OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

For some of the speakers I prefer (greenback flavored), (for me) they sound the best in those two cabs. Absolutely in love with the Bogner, the Marshall Checkerboard and the character they exhibit. However, due to being extremely busy I've only been able to half-heartedly rummage through the Orange Beta files... but all I can say is, WOW! Amazing sounding cab and will definitely find some new found friends in that cab as well. Kevin sure isn't making it easy on us. :D

This is officially getting frustrating. I can't get any work done because I can't stop playing the Orange with the M-PR20-75. This is the same "Mix" file again, clams included like always as it's the first take just picking up the guitar (and I'm not very good to begin with). Too much gain for trying to match the song, which I was not trying to do:

** EDIT **

Not long after I posted this my phone started lighting up with texts/IM's from friends asking about the signal chain, so, snapped a couple pics with said phone...

Guitar:

Texas-Prayer-2.jpg

"Amp" (Jaded Faith Mods - Texas Special):

Texas-Prayer-1.jpg

Power amp section is virtual - Ignite TPA-1.

I seriously just plugged in and hit record, wasn't expecting that reaction, haha. :p No pedals, btw, just straight in on the neck pickup.

Once I get this Orange out I'll install FW18 and see how the Lonestar fares!!! :)

Last edited:
Very cool sound. I think it's also very cool that people are getting the opportunity to try speakers and cabs that normally would never pair together. I'm thinking most folks who buy an Orange PPC 412 don't ever change out the V30s.

hey kev,

i just found out about V3 Mix Libraries and i am asking myself how these actually differ from the HGE pack?
i guess its a new concept, maybe a new capturing technique?
could you (or anybody else) explain the difference, so a noob like me will understand? :D

Post #384 since the edit... double like! :encouragement: (On a cool side note): Godin guitars only use wood from down trees. Nothing cut. Don't know how long they've been doing this for but cool nonetheless.

Kevin or others ,

If you are into modern rock ,Shinedown , Hinder ,Pop Evil and had to pick the 10 best (I know subjective here ) to start what 10 would you recommend.

hey kev,

i just found out about V3 Mix Libraries and i am asking myself how these actually differ from the HGE pack?
i guess its a new concept, maybe a new capturing technique?
could you (or anybody else) explain the difference, so a noob like me will understand? :D

All of the above. I can't go into details for competitive purposes, however they sound chunkier, more even, while also being more clear and defined without being as thin. Kind of a conundrum. The terms "clear" and "roar" were constants among user sentiment earlier on when personal experiences were being posted. I'd agree. :) So far as feature set, I'd recommend checking out the freebie:

ownhammer.com/free

Post #384 since the edit... double like! :encouragement: (On a cool side note): Godin guitars only use wood from down trees. Nothing cut. Don't know how long they've been doing this for but cool nonetheless.

As a pro-environmental conservationist, I can't say how much I love that. I watched a factory tour video, and it was BLATANTLY apparent that the owner LOVES making guitars, every little detail. HUGE passion was evident, and seemingly AMAZINGLY humble. Right then and there I knew I wanted to look into supporting that company. On that same token, watched another video of a popular US guitar company, and had to turn the video off because the ego of the owner was downright shameful, didn't do our image any favors, that's for sure. Glad I have a new company to look into. :)

Kevin or others ,

If you are into modern rock ,Shinedown , Hinder ,Pop Evil and had to pick the 10 best (I know subjective here ) to start what 10 would you recommend.

My two cents would be...

Speakers:
- OH-Modern
- V30-EN-08
- V30-EN-8M (new thing that will be out with the Orange that will also hit the other cabs in time)
- V30-EN-16
- V30-MB-08
- LYN-BK

Cab choice will vary with one's tastes, sources, applications, mixes, etc. Lots of people really love the V30-EN-08, myself included, so that would be a great place to experiment regarding cabs.

Shhhhhhh... **whispers** If you can live with the fact that it's 5 a.m. here and I need to call it a day, all I have left to do is take 11 pictures and upload them tomorrow (which has no effect on the libraries themselves), then put the links in the main menu and make the announcement via Facebook and email blast, the completed production libraries for the Orange cab are now active AT THIS LINK HERE. ;)

Kevin. Airlines train their cabin crew to look after customers in a crash, but not at the expense of their own lives. I appreciate what you are doing for the world of IRs, and your name will go down in the history of 21st century music, but please don't overdo things and burn out on us. Get some sleep buddy.

also: can you explain tonal difference between your modern and metal mix???

which one do i want for my kind of stuff??

Out of curiosity, what position are most of you guys using with these V3 IRs? I'm using the RAW mixes at position 6. Vintage for lower gain stuff and Modern for the higher gain stuff. I'm no longer cutting hi/lo in the cab block (I was doing 80/15000 before).

Kevin. Airlines train their cabin crew to look after customers in a crash, but not at the expense of their own lives. I appreciate what you are doing for the world of IRs, and your name will go down in the history of 21st century music, but please don't overdo things and burn out on us. Get some sleep buddy.

Very much appreciate the sentiment Roland. :) In all honesty I've been burned out for years, at this point it is necessity and circumstance that keep me going like this, and I don't see an end in sight until I run out of stuff to sample, but am definitely trying to fit in little breaks here and there!

also: can you explain tonal difference between your modern and metal mix???

which one do i want for my kind of stuff??

For you I think OH-Modern; OH-Metal would probably be too bright. Guitarjon demo'd them both in this thread.

Hey Kevin, what song is that?

The Prayer / The Answer by Andy Timmons

Good lord, like Chris said...I have no idea where to even start...

Hehe, as time marches on it is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, as the saying goes. I'm 160 libraries in now, it'll be over 1500 when I'm done with this. :lol

Just be glad you didn't have to pay 200-500 per speaker like I did. That quad of 60's G12M's cost me $2k last month, then I got laid off from my day job a week later, so, lucky for you guys if you go in and the same happens to you it only set you back about the cost of a Big Mac and not a couple mortgage payments. :)

Almost done with the pics. Honestly can't wait to start on the smaller cabs next week. Time to diversify!

+1000x for 1x10, 2x10, 4x10, 1x12, 2x12 cab packs!

As long as it doesn't break the proverbial bank. Might be sensible to pause while V3 4x12 cab packs recoup some of the expense.

Back
Top Bottom