OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Kevin -

Is there any way to get a "Master Collection" of all the V3 IRs? I'd be happy to buy 'em all up at one time (figure out whatever the frequent buyer sum discount would be), and then disappear for a month or two (or three) finding exactly what I want in the collection. Just a thought.

$5/per is a great price but what if we want the entire smorgasbord?!

It'd also be easier to add one Master Collection to the cart, than having to drill down to find each one...

Just a thought.

I've been working on the store stuff for weeks now, so far no luck with basic html form submissions. For example (don't use this page to buy anything!), I had tried adding quick add to cart buttons (and even tried checklists and a master add) on my test subcategory:

Test : OwnHammer.com - Store

Didn't work. Problem was that it wouldn't pull the attributes (i.e. the zip file(s)). I am not a programmer or web developer by trade, the whole site was built in Notepad from Googling how to do things and just figuring it out with trial and error. To be able to do this I have to have PHP array queries, which I do not yet know how to do. With how many orders and customers I have in the database, and how little time I have to mess with the site versus sampling, I can't do any kind of overhaul, and currently am not in the black to afford to pay a consultant to do any custom stuff for me. The site also doesn't actively look into customer ID's order history to prevent duplicate purchases, so the only way to do this would be to manually create unique products that have all speakers as included attributes, but then that wouldn't automatically discount or remove any previous speaker purchases, which would be a massive mess and huge time dump for me and customers.

Long and short - for right now the way the site is set up is the best I can do right now. I've been trying to make it quicker and easier to add more things to the cart in less time/clicks, but I have not yet spent enough time with PHP yet to know how to make the changes necessary to do what I am trying to do with it. I removed the auto-forward to cart after product add, so hopefully that will cut down on a couple seconds per item. :)

Reactions: yek
I see. Well, there are some of us who do program for a living (who may be able to help). ;) I can't find a way to send you a PM...

This'll have to do until then...

OwnHammer: "Is that an Orange PPC412 with a pair of pre-Rola G12M-25's and a pair of pre-Rola G12M-20's? Why yes, yes it is."

11006439_842983669073758_4951744739968232527_n.jpg

Ummmm... I strongly hesitate to post this because honestly I can't stand fantastical first party hype. However as a fellow musician and tone lover/seeker, I feel separated from that role here and I really need to mention some recent experiences. I just finished putting together the '66 G12M-20 library (what I call "M-PR20-75") a little while ago in the Orange, and honestly I have never heard a more "must have" set of files, ever. From jazz to death metal, yes, death metal, and everything in between I (personally, with my hands, guitars, gear, and sound creation tendencies and habits, and tonal preferences) could not find anything it was not suited spectacularly for. There is some major magic in this cab/speaker combo, I cannot wait to get this online for everybody, and truly hope it's not just me that's going to be having this tonegasm with this pairing. I will say this on the contrary perspective, if you find your gear and sound creation tendencies coupled with my new V3 Mix stuff to be too bright, this may be a smidge much, as the high end clarity is so spectacular it may be overly brilliant, mostly at extreme death metal gain levels/amp types, though I didn't have a problem in my setup (in which I have the treble on an HBE (left side) and VH4 (right side) dimed). Along with that is a beautiful midrange and massive low end, but, brilliant high end nonetheless. Looking forward to dropping in the next couple days. :)

Ummmm... I strongly hesitate to post this because honestly I can't stand fantastical first party hype. However as a fellow musician and tone lover/seeker, I feel separated from that role here and I really need to mention some recent experiences. I just finished putting together the '66 G12M-20 library (what I call "M-PR20-75") a little while ago in the Orange, and honestly I have never heard a more "must have" set of files, ever. From jazz to death metal, yes, death metal, and everything in between I (personally, with my hands, guitars, gear, and sound creation tendencies and habits, and tonal preferences) could not find anything it was not suited spectacularly for. There is some major magic in this cab/speaker combo, I cannot wait to get this online for everybody, and truly hope it's not just me that's going to be having this tonegasm with this pairing. I will say this on the contrary perspective, if you find your gear and sound creation tendencies coupled with my new V3 Mix stuff to be too bright, this may be a smidge much, as the high end clarity is so spectacular it may be overly brilliant, mostly at extreme death metal gain levels/amp types, though I didn't have a problem in my setup (in which I have the treble on an HBE (left side) and VH4 (right side) dimed). Along with that is a beautiful midrange and massive low end, but, brilliant high end nonetheless. Looking forward to dropping in the next couple days. :)

damn you!

i have sooo many cabs now... and they all sound great!!!! :D

i dont get to play half of them and i want to get more.... MOARRRRRRRRR....

Hello, I've been a frequent forum reader, but this is my first actual post :)

Just activated Cab-Lab 3 and bought some of the new V3 Libraries to convert to Ultra-Res. Can someone refresh me on what switches I need to check when using the Wav2Syx utility to convert some OH Wav files? The OH manual states that the Ultra-Res folder is not min phase transformed, but that "Conversion to Ultra-Res via Cab-Lab will perform this function". Does this mean I need to select the "Min Phase" and "Auto Trim" checkboxes when converting, or just select Ultrares and leave the defaults? Thanks for your help!

Hello, I've been a frequent forum but this is my first actual post :)

Just activated Cab-Lab 3 and bought some of the new V3 Libraries to convert to Ultra-Res. Can someone refresh me on what switches I need to check when using the Wav2Syx utility to convert some OH Wav files? The OH manual states that the Ultra-Res folder is not min phase transformed, but that "Conversion to Ultra-Res via Cab-Lab will perform this function". Does this mean I need to select the "Min Phase" and "Auto Trim" checkboxes when converting, or just select Ultrares and leave the defaults? Thanks for your help!

Just select ultrares and leave the rest at default. Use the dedicated wave files folder as indicated in the OH notes. It works great.

Thanks Holyoli, right on. Also, if it helps, the manual can be seen here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/cab-lab/Cab-Lab-3-Manual.pdf

I'm pretty worn out at current so I could be mistaken, but I don't think I saw the link in the Fractal Support section, but in the Wiki by Googling: Fractal Cab Lab 3 Manual

Also, just thought I'd paint a little picture about something I said earlier in regard to the M-PR20-75. Forgive the clams, as aforementioned, I've had a rough week:

Those were both just using the singular "Mix" file, no post, so you can imagine how much more you can mess around with it from there.

412-GTR ORNG will be out with 42 speakers Friday. :)

Mixing the PR20-75 with RI25-75 can also give great results (and I've just tried the 57/121 combination).

By the way, the Bog Creamback H 75 are killer :)

Mixing the PR20-75 with RI25-75 can also give great results (and I've just tried the 57/121 combination).

Nice, have actually done that same mixure myself but also with an H-PR-55 and really loved it as well.

By the way, the Bog Creamback H 75 are killer :)

Both Creambacks will be in this first batch, fwiw. :)

Hi Kevin doing ZZ TOP cool - is the first clip the Oronge Cab or what does the NGP mean? :encouragement:

Haha, I didn't even notice what I was playing, was just noodling around, love ZZ though. :) Kids came running in the man cave half way through, hence the stuttered and retarding tempo playing.

Both are the Orange cab, sorry. NGD (new gear day) was because I just picked up a new guitar for the purposes of doing the sound demos in the future, in this case a Godin Icon 3 P90. It came in the mail today, so this was the first thing I did taking it straight out of the box. First part was middle + bridge pickups, second part was neck pickup only, HDR (high definition revoicer) was engaged for both. I think the heavies one was a pre-Fender Jackson USA KE-2 with EMG 85 in the bridge.

I'm really liking the Lynchback speakers in both the Marshall CB and the Bogner. I think I tried them on the Diezel Essentials release (the one previous to V3) and felt they were too dark there, but here in these two cabs, they shave off some high end off but in a nicer smoother way. The M-PR-55s do that too, but I may actually like the Lynchback flavor more. FWIW, the Marshall CB has more low end content than the Bogner with these speakers so that seemed to fit the Teles well. I bet the Bogner version on a bright Les Paul would be perfect. Too many dang options!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom