OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Can anyone comment on the qualities of the marshall cab relative to the bogner? I play mostly mid gain stuff, lots of jimmy page inspired guitar playing so the pr-55 speaker is currently a favorite, though have only tried it in the bogner. Thinking of getting it in the marshall and sunn too, along with celeation Blues and EV-Ls.

Also, as Kevin mentioned he runs the IRs in his DAW. What is the best program to host IRs in the DAW that will get me zero latency while tracking? I was thinking Nebula 3 would be ideal but there is probably latency, no? I think this would be a cool way to work while tracking so I can audition different cabinets in the mix. I also assume it would allow us to get even higher quality as the wav files wouldn't be truncated like the Ultra Res are. So Ultra-Res for live, and DAW solution for studio? Any suggestions on which programs?

I've got so far 3 of the Marshall cabs - Mar-CB MB-08, EV-L and the M-PR20-75 and they all sound very good. The M-PR20-75 is outstanding - it's got a roar to ther sound and I think I have about 6 Bogner cabs, which are good too, but i musst admitt that I favor the Marshalls, maybe I've played all my life 2 412 Marshall Cabs? Very well fit the Marshalls so fare the Bogner H-PR-55, M-SB-75, M-PR-55 and the EL-V's - but thats my taste but they all sound really really good and favor the Marshalls...good advice Kevin with the M-PR20-75...:eagerness:

Can anyone comment on the qualities of the marshall cab relative to the bogner? I play mostly mid gain stuff, lots of jimmy page inspired guitar playing so the pr-55 speaker is currently a favorite, though have only tried it in the bogner. Thinking of getting it in the marshall and sunn too, along with celeation Blues and EV-Ls.

Also, as Kevin mentioned he runs the IRs in his DAW. What is the best program to host IRs in the DAW that will get me zero latency while tracking? I was thinking Nebula 3 would be ideal but there is probably latency, no? I think this would be a cool way to work while tracking so I can audition different cabinets in the mix. I also assume it would allow us to get even higher quality as the wav files wouldn't be truncated like the Ultra Res are. So Ultra-Res for live, and DAW solution for studio? Any suggestions on which programs?

In a very vague way, the Marshall has a more prominent lower midrange and a slightly rolled off top end. I under priced the libraries so that one can experiment. :)

I'm not doing Nebula on these, but may with a couple of choice libraries way down the line. Depending on if you are on Windows or Mac, different .wav IR loader options are present. I'm on Windows and prefer the Voxengo offerings in what I have used, on Mac I hear the Mellowmuse offering is great.

Hey Kevin, are you able to tell us more about what the OH-Modern actually is or is that one of your trade secrets? [emoji14]

Also, any chance of including some e609/906 mics in the near future?

For now a secret, but it has the 8-ohm English V30 flavor. ;)

The 906 is in the OH-Modern speaker option, actually.

Gotta love this thread!
So much good stuff going on here!

On a side-note, I just uploaded a new demo to showcase the new modern files.
They are unique and VERY useful!
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...t-metal-demo-new-ownhammer-modern-v3-irs.html

Killer, Jon, thanks!!!

did I just see 1x12? my heart is happy....and my wallet is burning...

You did. :) Not gonna be this month, but possibly next.

I've got so far 3 of the Marshall cabs - Mar-CB MB-08, EV-L and the M-PR20-75 and they all sound very good. The M-PR20-75 is outstanding - it's got a roar to ther sound and I think I have about 6 Bogner cabs, which are good too, but i musst admitt that I favor the Marshalls, maybe I've played all my life 2 412 Marshall Cabs? Very well fit the Marshalls so fare the Bogner H-PR-55, M-SB-75, M-PR-55 and the EL-V's - but thats my taste but they all sound really really good and favor the Marshalls...good advice Kevin with the M-PR20-75...:eagerness:

Glad to hear you're digging the M-PR20-75, and the Marshall in general, it's a great cab!

To my ears, the Marshall 70s CB has a lot of low end content when compared directly to the Bogner. The Bogner has low end too...just not as much. In comparing the Marshall Reissue that has the free IRs with the V30s, I like the Reissue a little better because the bass is not as pronounced on that cab. Keep in mind that I'm not a big fan of low end for my guitar sound. I'm after a more classic hard rock sound vs. a thick low end. Based on what you mentioned as your inspiration (he's mine too), I think the Bogner with PR-55s using a vintage mix (raw or precise) is going to get you the closest based on what's available. Just my .02.

I vastly prefer using a 4th order low pass filter in the filter block to the less steep Hi-Cut option in the cab block. This also allows you to bump up the Q a little from default so that you don't lose quite as much information around your knee frequency.

Thanks for the tip Kevin! Do you tend to use the 4th order low pass at 15K-ish or further down around 6K or so to take advantage of that bump near the core of the guitar's tone? I've been experimenting with around 6K with a Q of 1 and it sounds pretty good, just curious as to your methodology here.

Last edited:
Please, a 1x12 with an EVM12L!

The EV-L is in the plans for the first batch of 1x12's for sure, no worries. :)

Can we get some 906 action on the rest of the V30s? [emoji14]

Will be one of the mics in the first dozen or so that's not a 57 or 121 when I get back to doing more V3 Vector libraries, but won't make it's way into any of the individual speaker V3 Mix libraries, just the multi-speaker types (there will be more than just OH-Modern) to have a little something different.

Thanks for the tip Kevin! Do you tend to use the 4th order low pass at 15K-ish or further down around 6K or so to take advantage of that bump near the core of the guitar's tone? I've been experimenting with around 6K with a Q of 1 and it sounds pretty good, just curious as to your methodology here.

I usually am around 13250, and typically never go below 11000. Personally, and this isn't intended to sound derogatory, just trying to be helpful, but if it is needed below 10k I 'personally' feel that there is either something really wrong with the amp model (in that it is not the appropriate choice and something else may be better for the job), or the settings therein. FWIW, with my tube amps I NEVER have to low pass... like... EVER. This is only something I have found necessary with digital amp platforms. I am very hopeful that firmware 18 resolves this. :D

Last edited:
I see you mentioned you like Voxengos IR loader in a previous post ... their site is telling me it's only 32bit, what do you use for 64?

I use Perfect Space, which came bundled with Sonar X1. I later transitioned to Cubase, and just copied the dll over to the VST Plugins directory as. I assume it is a stripped down derivative of Pristine Space, as they have certain tell tale similarities. Every once in a while VST Bridge will goof, as noted on their site, but I just disable/enable (note, not delete and reload) the plugin and it is fine most times. Worst case scenario I close and re-open Cubase and no problems. The goof only happens once in a blue moon when opening a session, never in the middle of one. I'm on Win 7 x64. I haven't done a comparison in a long time, but when I did, this one was noticeably better sounding than pretty much any of the others I tried and was the closest sound to what I was getting in Nebula versions of the same files. Some of the other IR loaders I tried sounded horribly broken by comparison, notably Revalver and LeCab II.

So I have now my absolut favorit pair for Marshalls, Friedmann... with my headphones -it's the Mar-CB M20-75 and the BOG-ST H-PR-55 - I just use the Mix of both and the Bogner has more body then the same speaker with the Marshall cab for my taste.
Tomorrow I do some recording at our rehearsal studio and do also some loud testing - the Friedmann sounds like a real Friedmann on my headphones - cool...:lol

I use Perfect Space, which came bundled with Sonar X1. I later transitioned to Cubase, and just copied the dll over to the VST Plugins directory as. I assume it is a stripped down derivative of Pristine Space, as they have certain tell tale similarities. Every once in a while VST Bridge will goof, as noted on their site, but I just disable/enable (note, not delete and reload) the plugin and it is fine most times. Worst case scenario I close and re-open Cubase and no problems. The goof only happens once in a blue moon when opening a session, never in the middle of one. I'm on Win 7 x64. I haven't done a comparison in a long time, but when I did, this one was noticeably better sounding than pretty much any of the others I tried and was the closest sound to what I was getting in Nebula versions of the same files. Some of the other IR loaders I tried sounded horribly broken by comparison, notably Revalver and LeCab II.

Redwirez MixIR seems to support 8k ms IRs, so I should be fine using this?

I'm sure it's answered somewhere, but what to the numbers from 00-10 mean?

As the numbers get higher, the tone darkens.... Think of it as a type of EQ but only better :)

I imagine you can also think of it as a micing position. 0 near the cone edge and 10 being near the speaker edge

- Quick File Name Update -

Since I know not everybody is on Facebook and many may be following this thread for various things, wanted to pass this along.

As I now have the other non-Heritage Series reissue 75 Hz G12M the site by way of the new 412-GTR MAR-TV cabinet, I needed to rename the M-RI-75 to the M-RI20-75. I've updated the zips on the site and everything in everyone's accounts if those of you that picked up that speaker in the Bogner and/or Mesa cabs want to grab the files with the new names.

- New Cab -

As aforementioned, 10 new V3 Mix libraries are now available for a Marshall 1960TV cab (FOUND HERE). Before anyone asks what it sounds like, it has that Marshall roundness to the attack, but the larger chamber lowers the resonance frequency, so this will not be as low-mid heavy as other cabs. This works out SPLENDIDLY for low-mid heavy speakers like the EDVH, Fane, old greenbacks, etc, etc. Our wonderfully talented justinjcm900 has generously made this clip demonstrating the EDVH:

I know our wonderfully talented Guitarjon is also working something up. Thanks so much guys!

Hope everybody digs the cab, personally, it is one of my new favorites and I plan on immediately blasting it with more speakers, so stay tuned to that subcategory for more goodies to be regularly added. :)

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom