OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

I love the Sunn V30 and SB-75 and I'm definitely no "Djenter".

Here's a test I did last week.
An old patch I used with the High Gain Essentials.
Didn't tweak or change it at all and just used it with some of the new V3 versions.
Always with the same OH mix and the same stupid riff to hear the differences.

Mesa V30 - MB - 08 PMDR 03

Mesa V30 - MB - 08 RMDR 03

Mesa V30 - EN - 08 PMDR 03

Mesa V30 - EN - 08 RMDR 03

Mesa LYN - BK PMDR 03

Mesa LYN - BK RMDR 03

Bogner EDVH PMDR 03

Bogner EDVH RMDR 03

Cab differences. I've read I've listened to every comment. Been buying oh for years love all eras of high gain. Tend to like full spectrum tone lowed lows pretty high highs that I can tweak. I'd rather not be stifled before I tweak.

I would love if Kevin could explain why which cabs were chosen and theoretical differences. Then maybe take the most popular v30 and same everything just diff cabs and run through high gain sounds. [emoji8]I mean all this effort with very little explanation sound wise? I'd be highly willing to pick a cab and buy many speakers vs many cabs w same speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i also am kinda stunned by option... i bought a few things, i love them! but with more information about cab/speakers and stuff, id be willing buy some more...

also,

can one of you guys with cab lab do a clip or hi-res vs ultra-res??? if its worth it, i would buy cab lab to convert IRs to ultra res... i dont wanna mix ir, so if i cant hear a difference, i kinda dont wanna buy cab lab to 'not-use-it'

thanx bros!

Cab differences. I've read I've listened to every comment. Been buying oh for years love all eras of high gain. Tend to like full spectrum tone lowed lows pretty high highs that I can tweak. I'd rather not be stifled before I tweak.

I would love if Kevin could explain why which cabs were chosen and theoretical differences. Then maybe take the most popular v30 and same everything just diff cabs and run through high gain sounds. [emoji8]I mean all this effort with very little explanation sound wise? I'd be highly willing to pick a cab and buy many speakers vs many cabs w same speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean sounds with a lot of highs and lows?
I would definitely recommend the Sun cab or other cabs with the EDVH speakers for an aggressive metal tone (but not exclusively for that ofcourse...).
If you like brighter speakers try the V30's with 16ohms.
Have you checked my demo comparing all the V30's?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...oundclip-comparison-ownhammer-v3-mix-irs.html

This demo from SeeD will also probably help:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-new-ownhammer-v3-[mesa-cab]-31-speakers.html

I would also love to help you guys to find what you are looking for but I don't have any theoretical knowledge about the speakers.
What type of sound are you looking for? Maybe I can give some suggestions....

thanx man! your clips are of great help!

i got the bogner gc-12, i love it!

got one diezel, find it a bit thin,

got the free marshall, not my cup of tea... i am after modern tones,

i feal like all IR i got are a bit fizzy, i need to low pass them around 6500k, i LOVE the bogner gc-12

i dont really want some new mesa since i already have the CK cab pack 7 and i am just barely exploring it...

i will wait a bit and get some others...

honestly, these are GREAT ir and at that price point, its a steal...

that ownhammer guys need some sleep and then realize he should charge triple the price for those! :D

we are the lucky bastards getting those ir at that price! I think this is why i kinda wanna buy many more, i just dont know enough about speaker to choose! I will play a bit with those i got for now, and will surely buy many more in a near future!

now i just need to figure if i want to convert those IR to ultra-res... :D

thanx man! your clip are of great help!

got one diezel, find it a bit thin,

got the free marshall, not my cup of tea... i am after modern tone,

i feal like all IR i got are a bit fizzy, i need to low pass them around 6500k, i LOVE the bogner gc-12

i dont really want some new mesa since i already have the CK cab pack 7 and i am just barely exploring it...

i will wait a bit and get some others...

honestly, these are GREAT ir and at that price point, its a steal...

that ownhammer guys need some sleep and then realize he should charge triple the price for those! :D

we are the lucky bastard getting those ir at that price! I think this is why i kinda wanna buy many more, i just dont know enough about speaker to choose! I will play a bit with those i got for now, and will surely buy many more in a near future!

now i just need to figure if i want to convert those IR to ultra-res... :D

I hear ya!
Kevin is really delivering these days, it's amazing what he is doing for the community!
A lot of options but the cab packs themselves are really straight forward and simple, every single IR sounds good!

If you like metal I HGHLY recommend the ENGL cab or any cab with the EDVH speaker or the SUN cab which is surprisingly good for metal type stuff!

ps: if there are any IR's or specific speaker types, styles or sounds you want to hear I'll see if I can do a demo..... Can't guarantee but it could help me decide what type of demo to do next!
pps: if you like metal or rock, wait for what Kevin has in store for us next.... :)

Thanx man! I will eagerly wait for what is next!! I you want inspiration for your next demo, go nuts with the bogner cab! So far i love the gc-12...

here, this is what i've come up to with the Gc-12 bogner...

there is still work to do, (and the song aint finished yet) but you can see where i am at right now...

i think i still need to remove a bit of fizz somewhere...

guitar starts around 45 sec...

solo sound is not ownhammer IR

Hi Guitarjon, what about an ir for Robben Ford or Bonamassa kind of tone - I know Ford is using a Dumple amp with an old Marshall cab. I've got he V3 MAR with the v30 for Mesa Boogie wich is very good and pair with Bogner gc-12 or the SB-75. I would like another Speaker to go with the MAR_CB V3 but don't wan't to buy for the Moment all MAR-CB with everey speaker in it. Thanks Guitarjon - very kind of you :encouragement:

Back to my gear now so I picked up the Mesa/EDVH pack... you guys weren't kidding about it having a big bottom end! Kind of scooped sounding, so I'm blending it about 40/60 with the Mesa/EN-08-V30, so I have the clear presence of the V30 and thick bottom of the EDVH. Still some top end fizz to notch out, but otherwise a pretty solid combo, imo.

I have noticed these IR's seem to have more high end and fizz than other packs. I didn't need to do any notching in the high end to kill fizz on the HGE impulses... that being said the HGE impulses don't sound as clear as the V3 ones... probably a pretty fair trade off.

Hi Guitarjon, what about an ir for Robben Ford or Bonamassa kind of tone - I know Ford is using a Dumple amp with an old Marshall cab. I've got he V3 MAR with the v30 for Mesa Boogie wich is very good and pair with Bogner gc-12 or the SB-75. I would like another Speaker to go with the MAR_CB V3 but don't wan't to buy for the Moment all MAR-CB with everey speaker in it. Thanks Guitarjon - very kind of you :encouragement:

that's a tough one man, wouldn't know!

Doesn't Ford use the original G12-65? I'm pretty sure that's what he uses. Not the re-issue either. Bonamassa? Not a clue.

Ford uses what in my libraries is called "G65-OR" (not yet sampled for V3 Mix, but will be). If I recall correctly (but I could be wrong), Bonamassa uses old G12M basketweave cabs as well as EVM-12L's. Both of those kinds of speakers I'll have in the checkerboard cab soon.

Will be on to answer more questions, promise, just really busting buns right now for something cool that will be up tomorrow. :)

thanx man! your clips are of great help!

I was just wondering about this because I think the high end on these IR's gorgeous!
You just have to find the right number.
For most speakers I hang around at about 03 average.
I almost always use the RMDR ones, the Precise ones seem more 'hi-fi'.
Also what types of speaker are you using?
Some of the V30's are quite a bit brighter than others.
Sometimes if a speaker is too bright, trying the Vintage ones could help!

Ford uses what in my libraries is called "G65-OR" (not yet sampled for V3 Mix, but will be). If I recall correctly (but I could be wrong), Bonamassa uses old G12M basketweave cabs as well as EVM-12L's. Both of those kinds of speakers I'll have in the checkerboard cab soon.

Will be on to answer more questions, promise, just really busting buns right now for something cool that will be up tomorrow. :)

I'll look forward to this Kevin...

I was just wondering about this because I think the high end on these IR's gorgeous!
You just have to find the right number.
For most speakers I hang around at about 03 average.
I almost always use the RMDR ones, the Precise ones seem more 'hi-fi'.
Also what types of speaker are you using?
Some of the V30's are quite a bit brighter than others.
Sometimes if a speaker is too bright, trying the Vintage ones could help!

i am using the bogner gc-12 right now... i am monitoring with ADAM A7x,

what is hard, for me, is always finding the right balance between lowpass in the cab block, high cut in the PEQ, treble or presence in the amp block. These four knobs are what are giving me headache... i try to find a good amount of clarity with not too much fizz

for the above clip, i used RMDR 03 with FAS modern, TS808 mod drive and ibanez 2127fx with lundgren pickups. (high cut at 6500hz in a PEQ block, low cut at 85, a little mid scoop at 400 -1,5 db...)

i think i should give a look at the vintage ones...

Last edited:
finding the right balance between Drive and volume in the cab block vs gain in the amp block is also part of the equation i am testing these days...

Do you mean sounds with a lot of highs and lows?
I would definitely recommend the Sun cab or other cabs with the EDVH speakers for an aggressive metal tone (but not exclusively for that ofcourse...).
If you like brighter speakers try the V30's with 16ohms.
Have you checked my demo comparing all the V30's?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...oundclip-comparison-ownhammer-v3-mix-irs.html

This demo from SeeD will also probably help:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-new-ownhammer-v3-[mesa-cab]-31-speakers.html

Pm u. Your clips R awesome but I'd like difft cabs same everything else. Same mic speaker and position. There must be some reason there are 6 different 4x12 options

Back
Top Bottom