OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Bought a bunch of the BOGs, a Sunn, and Diezel (Lynchback) last night. Mainly for classic rock. The biggest problem I'm running into is having to constantly pick my jaw up off the floor! They're THAT good! Finding a lot of magic mixing the H-PR-55 Precise Vintage and Raw Vintage.

swass, since you asked earlier, your 70's Marshall cab is up now with the first couple speakers. More where that came from in the weeks to follow. Polishing off a 14 hour day right now, will get back here tomorrow and answer the couple questions floating around. :)

Bought a bunch of the BOGs, a Sunn, and Diezel (Lynchback) last night. Mainly for classic rock. The biggest problem I'm running into is having to constantly pick my jaw up off the floor! They're THAT good! Finding a lot of magic mixing the H-PR-55 Precise Vintage and Raw Vintage.

... here. Let me assist you...

post-32286-Daffy-Duck-jaw-drop-gif-bugs-b-e9cq.gif

swass, since you asked earlier, your 70's Marshall cab is up now with the first couple speakers.

1000xlikes...

Waaay cool Kevin! :)... vintage Marshall cab with my homie's! :ugeek... Been looking forward to this one. That Marshall box is a beast!... not just with speakers either but loaded with TRUCULENCE!!
I'll be sure to be by the store after work today to pick these up. Do you have an inclination of the speakers you'll be adding to this library? :)

So is the plan to make irs of every cab/speaker combination? Like for example, the sunn cab with black shadows, the engl with creambacks etc...

1000xlikes...

Waaay cool Kevin! :)... vintage Marshall cab with my homie's! :ugeek... Been looking forward to this one. That Marshall box is a beast!... not just with speakers either but loaded with TRUCULENCE!!
I'll be sure to be by the store after work today to pick these up. Do you have an inclination of the speakers you'll be adding to this library? :)

I've just downloaded and did a bedroom test - sound great...:encouragement:

Does anyone care to comment on the characteristics of the Sunn cab? How do the v30's fare in it?

I'm away from my gear this weekend or I would check myself.

Also, which v30 do you guys think is the smoothest sounding?

I'd really like to hear some Austin Speakerworks offerings pop up, and I'd equally be interested in hearing your opinion of them whether they are in your business plans or not. Also, after hearing Pete Thorn play the paper voice coil scumbacks, I've wanted to cram a few hundred watts through an IR of them where a fire extinguisher wouldn't need to be at the end of the signal chain LOL

I realize this isn't a "wish list" thread, but since you're here and gracious with your knowledge and opinions I couldn't resist.

All that being said, I'll be purchasing your ev-12L and scumback offerings in the bogner, diezel, and sunn cabs as soon as my free time is no longer consumed by V-day "festivities" =D

Is it worth it to buy cab lab to convert these ir to ultra rez??

I do think so yeah!
I've been doing that since the first UR releases and I wouldn't want to go back to hires.
Not everyone can hear the difference though.
Obviously both options sound great!

Does anyone care to comment on the characteristics of the Sunn cab? How do the v30's fare in it?

I'm away from my gear this weekend or I would check myself.

Also, which v30 do you guys think is the smoothest sounding?

I've used the Sun cab and speaker quite a bit since they were released.
The 2 latest clips I posted in the recording section on this forum were done with the Sun cab and/or speaker.
Although it is a huge sounding speaker wich can be great for rock or metal it is also very suitable for clean stuff.
I like the V30 a lot in it but the Sun speaker also works amazingly.
If you have too much low end with this cab simply lower the low resonance in the speaker tab in the amp block.

What do you mean by smooth?
Lots of people really like the EN-08, I think that one is pretty smooth!

I've used the Sun cab and speaker quite a bit since they were released.
The 2 latest clips I posted in the recording section on this forum were done with the Sun cab and/or speaker.
Although it is a huge sounding speaker wich can be great for rock or metal it is also very suitable for clean stuff.
I like the V30 a lot in it but the Sun speaker also works amazingly.
If you have too much low end with this cab simply lower the low resonance in the speaker tab in the amp block.

What do you mean by smooth?
Lots of people really like the EN-08, I think that one is pretty smooth!

Cool, I'll check out your recordings. I hadn't really considered getting the pack with the stock speaker. I may give it a try. I just mention the V30 one since I seem to prefer V30 impulses to any other speaker impulses, almost 100% of the time, so I might as well stick to what I know I like. Anything to avoid falling down the rabbit hole!

I have the EN-08 in the Mesa cab now (as well as the HGE pack with it), I figured it may be one of the 'smoother' sounding ones. Just wondering if I'm missing anything, since those Marshall vintage, other English and Mesa ones seem new.

Cool, I'll check out your recordings. I hadn't really considered getting the pack with the stock speaker. I may give it a try. I just mention the V30 one since I seem to prefer V30 impulses to any other speaker impulses, almost 100% of the time, so I might as well stick to what I know I like. Anything to avoid falling down the rabbit hole!

I have the EN-08 in the Mesa cab now (as well as the HGE pack with it), I figured it may be one of the 'smoother' sounding ones. Just wondering if I'm missing anything, since those Marshall vintage, other English and Mesa ones seem new.

I also did a comparison of all the different V30's on this forum last week.
I also recommend checking that out.... :)

I have bought the 412-GTR MAR-CB V30 -EN-08 with the V30 from 2012 Celestions made in England for Mesa Boogie and ist faboulus. There are V30 made in England 8 ohm and the ones I bought - so i thought if they're make them for Mesa Boogie they must be good and I know now they are. Well so many options and pack 8 is also in the pipeline....:eek-new:

Back
Top Bottom