OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

As it was brought up earlier in this thread, the Sunn cab is on the site now with a dozen speakers. Djent well, and djent hard, djentlemen. Just don't pull something when you involuntarily start crabcore-ing, I will not be held liable. :lol

What's your personal recommendation "go to" speaker on this new cab to mix with some of the other ones (perhaps) to djent it up?

V30 is always the standard. V30+M75 always kills for something a little different and bigger sounding. If you feel like experimenting the EDVH, GC-12, H-BB-55, and H-SB-75 could offer some interesting auxiliary flavors. V30+GC-12 would give a cutting and chunky midrange alternate the V30+M75 big low mid sound.

It seems as if our IR collection is growing a little lopsided now, with all these latest releases (and those soon to be released).

My personal IR demands are shifting towards 1x12 and 2x12's now, both for high gain and low gain.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Thanks for reply Kevin ,lets hope you can get one of those cabs in your hands someday.

I don't currently own one, but nothing is ever out of the question if it's possible to get a hold of, as this is. We'll see how the other libraries do first, if they bring in enough to justify the expense, sure. :)

V30 is always the standard. V30+M75 always kills for something a little different and bigger sounding. If you feel like experimenting the EDVH, GC-12, H-BB-55, and H-SB-75 could offer some interesting auxiliary flavors. V30+GC-12 would give a cutting and chunky midrange alternate the V30+M75 big low mid sound.

I would love to get more of tips like this, which combination kicks ass or so...

I hope the Sunn brings deepness in the mix, am i wrong ?
I'm not that much into djent, but i love to experiment...

Wow! The Sun cab is really nice actually!
I made a demo with the V30, Sun-speaker and the EDVH that I will upload tomorrow!
I've only tried those so far but they seem really good!
The Sun speaker is surprisingly nice as well.
Anyhow, stay tuned for a demo tomorrow!

I got to mess with the EDVH speaker quickly tonight in this cab as well. This cab is so thick sounding. I could see the djentlemen really digging it with the V-30-EN-16 or other versions if Kevin adds more of them, (which I anticipate he will with one version already sampled).

I got to messin' with the EDVH in a cocktail with the M-BB-55 and then the M-PR-55 out of the Bogner for some upper mids and top end, (not that the EDVH doesn't sound amazing on its own - 'cause it most certainly does)... First impressions... HOLY SMASH!! I see these concoctions eating up some time to tweak to taste and experimenting with the 75 Hz siblings too! Amazing library Kevin! :encouragement:

Very welcome!

Also, if I recall correctly you seem to be drawn to Mesa type IR's, and thus one would assume more mid to high gain tones with V30's. The "M-SB-75" actually pairs wonderfully with the V30-EN speakers to add low mid girth without being dead sounding (as the M75 also has some bite on top of those low mids) like many others with big low mids tend to be. This pairing is pillowy, full, and characterful. In addition to seedoftheday's post earlier here that shows the M75, justinjcm900 also just posted a clip recently of the M75 IR's. In this one they're on their own I believe, but you may be able to hear what I'm referring to:

The V30/M75 pairing is something I had many customers mention not only with the Studio Mix Marshall cab, but even this past week I have spoken with multiple in private conversation who have done this and loved it.

Kevin, thanks again for your tips ! I bought the "M-SB-75", I also try to add a 414 and did a few quick mixes this morning before going to work and it's promising :)

I wish there was a simple and efficient way to blend in the Fractal mic sims in the Cab block.

I find myself wanting to add just a little bit of the R121 mic sim for a warm low mid push but I want to control the blend in the Cab block.

I wish there was a simple and efficient way to blend in the Fractal mic sims in the Cab block.

I find myself wanting to add just a little bit of the R121 mic sim for a warm low mid push but I want to control the blend in the Cab block.

That would be a cool feature for sure !

Okay, I'm sure this has been brought up like 1000 times already, but I need someone to please walk me through converting these to ultra res in cab lab. I use the wav to syx tab right? What folders do I use? The wav one I'd assume, but which one...and also a warning thing also pops up and says something like, "cannot convert xyz cab." I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did it with no problems with the HGE libraries, so I don't know what the problem is here. If someone could help that would be awesome. Oh, and I feel like a huge dildo for asking, so be gentle...

Okay, I'm sure this has been brought up like 1000 times already, but I need someone to please walk me through converting these to ultra res in cab lab. I use the wav to syx tab right? What folders do I use? The wav one I'd assume, but which one...and also a warning thing also pops up and says something like, "cannot convert xyz cab." I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did it with no problems with the HGE libraries, so I don't know what the problem is here. If someone could help that would be awesome. Oh, and I feel like a huge dildo for asking, so be gentle...
go into the Axe-Fx II folder in the Ownhammer library. there you find the UltraRes folder. these are the wav files ready for UltraRes conversion. choose a destination folder to your liking.

Last edited:
Hey Kevin,

A couple of questions about using your IRs for studio and live work. Do you recommend changing the cabinet block settings in the Axe from the defaults? I've read some threads with Metallica's tech and he speaks of doing a few things for the band live: i.e. high passing around 80, low pass around 15K, setting the mics to null and dialing in the proximity around 2 at 200hz, adding 18-22% of room, etc. Also read some tips from Cliff about using a Stereo Hi Res Cabinet, and delaying one side 0.06ms, using a FET I preamp in the cab block with some drive, etc.

Wondering if the IRs should be left alone in terms of tweaking for studio use? How about live? Any tips for us for studio and/or live for tweaking the cab block with your IRs? Are there any preamps in the Cab section of the Axe that you'd recommend using, and how you'd set them?

Also, in terms of mixing and matching, I took your advice about the Celestion Blues and EV-Ls. Sounds great! Would you ever advise to mix and match 2 cabs with the same speakers, i.e. Alnico Blues in the Bogner + Alnico Blues in the Sunn? Any tips for using Cab Lab to blend the 2 IRs? How do you set the relative volumes? Equal, or one louder than the other? How about blending more than 2 IRs?

Finally, which speaker would pair really well with the H-PR-55s for a modern but Jimmy Page influenced tone?

Thanks!

Alright, I just got done converting them. I was looking for something that would work well for high gain that wasn't a v30. I bought the BOG EDVH and the DZL K100. They are both pretty kick ass. Tonight I think I am going to get the Creamback.

Back
Top Bottom