OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Quick file name update. V30 guys, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THIS!

After some reflection and a little research, some of the V30 speaker names have changed slightly:

V30-CH-08 = no change
V30-CH-16 = no change
V30-CH-OG = V30-EN-16
V30-EN-08 = V30-MB-08
V30-EN-16 = V30-MB-16
V30-EN-OG = V30-EN-08
V30-OR-08 = V30-MV-08
V30-OR-16 = V30-MV-16

Why?

What started this was how each pair has a very distinct character for the 08 and 16 pairs. The two Chinese ones have an undeniable bond, as do the two modern Mesa ones, and the Marshall Vintage ones. Well, oddly enough, so do the OG's. But how if the EN-OG is a "Mesa" version and the CH-OG is a "Chinese" version? Well, my research was off and I made an assumption based on a lack of information. Nobody's perfect. Seems as though the move to Chinese production for Celestion was around 2000-2001. The V30-"CH"-OG has a date code (which is stamped to the frame like the old school English speakers, not on a sticker on the magnet like all the others after) of 1999, and I can verify its accuracy as I remember that's when I bought the cabinet I pulled that specific speaker from. So that explains the undeniable sonic connection to the 2001 "Mesa" English V30 (the EN-OG). Not only that, but to my ears the EN-OG sounds more like the CH-OG than it does to the EN-08, to which that one sounds vastly more like the EN-16. So there you have it. A combination of a more intuitive naming scheme, as well as some corrected information.

So alphabetically, this now makes the V30 lineup:

V30-CH-08 and V30-CH-16 = Chinese V30's
V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16 = old school English V30's
V30-MB-08 and V30-MB-16 = new school Mesa Boogie V30's
V30-MV-08 and V30-MV-16 = original Marshall Vintage V30's

I hope this also helps to break the GROSSLY unjustified opinion that all V30's are harsh (ice pick), and only for metal. Most of them, sure, I'd agree. In my opinion, however, the now V30-EN speakers (previously OG's) transcend all of that and are fantastic for any style of music or gain structure, and in my opinion are two of the best, most versatile, and must have speakers in my five-dozen-different-models large stable. Whether on their own or as a mix in to neutralize any inherent spikes or overly "something" that another speaker has.

I have updated all of the file names in the zips, product names in the store, product names in your order history, and zip file definitions in your order download sections. To avoid confusion, please delete any previous V30 files except the V30-CH-08 and V30-CH-16, and re-download the new zip files from your account. If anybody notices anything strange in your order history, just shoot me a message via the contact page on my site but I don't suspect anyone will need to.

As I am among friends here, I'll go into a little more personal detail as to why this wasn't the way it was out of the gate than I am going to post on Facebook or send out in the Newsletter. I put the initial release content and infrastructure of this together in about 10 days, and in that time I put about 200+ hours into it. I released these at 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. At that point, the last time I had been asleep (and I am not exaggerating) was when I woke up at 10 a.m. Saturday morning. During the last 24 hours I was borderline delirious, occasionally laughing for no reason, possibly because the jokes the interior wall were cracking were kind of funny. Could have been the late hour and slightly sexist undertones of the punchlines, but I swear at one point it was hitting on me. You don't need chemical substances to trip balls, just stop sleeping, but I don't recommend it. At current I'm still only about 25-50% "me", but this weekend after I do some room captures for the upcoming 1x12 and 4x10 libraries I am fusing my ass to the couch and catching up on some shows so that hopefully by Monday I'll be most of the way back to normal.

Back on topic, slightly, your processing of this will probably go something like...

First 5 minutes:
- WTF?!?!

Next 10 minutes:
- Okay, I can see how this makes sense.

Next 15 minutes after deleting, re-downloading, and reloading files:
- Ah, yeah, I totally get it now. A change for the better indeed and definitely the best way moving forward.

Tomorrow:
- Man, I can't remember them, but some of those initial V30 names were friggin stupid. "Original Gangsta" to label a V30? Really?!?! That OwnHammer guy needs to get more regular sleep and get out of the house every once in a while. These IR's really do the trick though, I think I need to go like the Facebook page and hit the store to get more of them now. Value to price ratio on these has to be criminal violation of labor laws somewhere, better snag these up before that dude is doing time in county, or rather, that time will be doing him...

:lol

So in summation, apologies for any temporary confusion or inconvenience, and thanks again to everyone for the kind words I've received from everyone on the V3 Mix Libraries, the understanding for this quick change, and the support! :)

Last edited:
To the couple guys with tone questions, I'll pipe back in on here tomorrow. It's 3:30 am here, I've been working today almost non-stop since 9 am, and I have to get up for work tomorrow in 4 hours. :)

This. I never considered an XL, and still can't afford one, but now I'm drooling over the 512 IR spots (also because my tonematches each uses its own IR : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/95709-video-tonematching-kemper.html ), and the added space for presets. Someone in Yurop wants to buy my II ? :mrgreen
@FAS : Can't this devoted fellow be offered a coupon ? :)
Otherwise, i'm ready to start a subscription for Fremen to get a XL (pay for the difference between his II and a XL), who's in ? :)

I have a question ... It's something changed in the VECTOR libraries too? Or it's only something "affecting" the V3 MIX . Thanks ! Awesomene work !

Wow dude ... I'm SO confused. The "OG" files were the most pleasing to my ears now I'm confused as to why and where they are now lol.

I have a question ... It's something changed in the VECTOR libraries too? Or it's only something "affecting" the V3 MIX . Thanks ! Awesomene work !

Thanks! I have not yet had time to update the names in the Vectors, Essentials, or Studio Mix libraries, but will at some point.

Wow dude ... I'm SO confused. The "OG" files were the most pleasing to my ears now I'm confused as to why and where they are now lol.

You are currently experiencing this portion of the post update syndrome:

First 5 minutes:
- WTF?!?!

This too shall pass. :lol

As mentioned in the below portions of the update post, the OG's are now the EN's (V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16)

After some reflection and a little research, some of the V30 speaker names have changed slightly:

V30-CH-08 = no change
V30-CH-16 = no change
V30-CH-OG = V30-EN-16
V30-EN-08 = V30-MB-08
V30-EN-16 = V30-MB-16
V30-EN-OG = V30-EN-08
V30-OR-08 = V30-MV-08
V30-OR-16 = V30-MV-16

So alphabetically, this now makes the V30 lineup:

V30-CH-08 and V30-CH-16 = Chinese V30's
V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16 = old school English V30's
V30-MB-08 and V30-MB-16 = new school Mesa Boogie V30's
V30-MV-08 and V30-MV-16 = original Marshall Vintage V30's

And I agree with you, the OG's, now the EN's, are killer speakers!

This. I never considered an XL, and still can't afford one, but now I'm drooling over the 512 IR spots (also because my tonematches each uses its own IR : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/95709-video-tonematching-kemper.html ), and the added space for presets. Someone in Yurop wants to buy my II ? :mrgreen

Agreed on wishing I had more slots, too. I don't understand why you export your TMs to IRs if you are low on slots. Why not leave the TM patch with the TM block in it? Is there some down side to leaving TMs as TM blocks? CPU?

I tend to use them sparingly as special case patches so maybe I am missing something. In fact, I had actually considered TMing IRs that I tend to only use in one patch to not waste a slot on them (essentially giving me no limit on IRs :) ). I haven't gotten to that point yet but it would be good to understand the downsides.

Wouldn't they still be in the same place you left them? I doubt Kevin is a Ninja who snuck in to your house in the middle of the night and also renamed them all on your PC :p

I want a simply "BUY ALL" page. Jokes (not really) aside, is there a page where I could select a package, say, "Bogner V3 package" and purchase all instead of going through each pack?

Thanks and REALLY REALLY great results!! God bless.

Wouldn't they still be in the same place you left them? I doubt Kevin is a Ninja who snuck in to your house in the middle of the night and also renamed them all on your PC :p

27w7ovy.gif

:lol

so, wait...does the name change affect the V3 Mix libraries?

Correct, just those 6 V30 libraries, and nothing changes sonically, just the file name.

I want a simply "BUY ALL" page. Jokes (not really) aside, is there a page where I could select a package, say, "Bogner V3 package" and purchase all instead of going through each pack?

Thanks and REALLY REALLY great results!! God bless.

Not yet, but one of my action items this year is to update Zen Cart to the most recent version. From the one I am on now, that is going to be a nightmare because of all the custom code I have in it. Once that is done, I will be looking into adding add to cart buttons to the side of each item, as well a button at the top that adds the array. If I can't accomplish this on my own (I'm not a programmer by trade), I have contracted a guy who is great at this stuff in the past and can do it again here. I won't have this done soon, however, but I very much appreciate the underlying sentiment and the kind words and will do my best to have this an option in the future.

Yes! On the buy all!

RUN don't walk to ownhammer.com and buy these! The pre-rola celestion G12m 1511 is just....IT! Try the main "mix" with a plexi and jam ZZ-Top's Brown Sugar for days...

Man, you ain't kidding. That M-PR-55 in this config is like having that tone transported in a time capsule and immortalized via digital. Great recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman75 View Post
Yes! On the buy all!

"RUN don't walk to ownhammer.com and buy these! The pre-rola celestion G12m 1511 is just....IT! Try the main "mix" with a plexi and jam ZZ-Top's Brown Sugar for days..."

"Man, you ain't kidding. That M-PR-55 in this config is like having that tone transported in a time capsule and immortalized via digital. Great recommendation!
"

Where is this Marshall cab - is this the freebie one - I can't find it on the Ownhammer Site?... and what do you mean with the main "mix" - is this the first on before 01, 02....

The pre-Rola G12M mentioned is in the 412-GTR BOG-ST containter, i.e. 4x12 Bogner cab. Also, I assume most don't use it but there is a search function in the sub-nav header of the site, over toward the top right. If you type M-PR-55 in that it will return results of all libraries that have that phrase in the title or product description. All the V3 Mix libraries have "V3 Mix" at the end of the product name, which should make them identifiable in the search results.

The freebie Marshall cab is an English V30.

Regarding the referenced "Mix" file, in addition to the differently voiced and position altered mix files, there is a singular file simply named "Mix". Using this library and the Ultra-Res ready .wav files for name convention syntax, "OH 412 BOG-ST M-PR-55 MIX". More information on this and the other mix files can be found in the PDF user manuals linked at the bottom of each product page.

I had the same thoughts when I started playing with band last night....
Fortunately I had the 06 mix in the next user slot - done :)

57+121 always works for me. So that's one of the MODERN Mixes.
The RAW variant of that sounds slightly more "natural" than the PRECISE variant.

I've currently the "RMDR 05" IR of every V3 Mix library in my user cabs.
But I probably switch to a slightly darker one, 06 or 07.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack Kevin, but do you have any tips on how to "brighten" up the sound of the Gov 121/421 mics in a cab mix? I can't quite seem to find the right 57 (for example) for the mix.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack Kevin, but do you have any tips on how to "brighten" up the sound of the Gov 121/421 mics in a cab mix? I can't quite seem to find the right 57 (for example) for the mix.

Are you blending in any V30? If not, I'd recommend that. The V30's I recommend for anything from Andy Timmons clean to death metal are what in the store is now called "V30-EN-08" and "V30-EN-16" (called the OG's a few days ago).

Not sure if this is helpful?

Back
Top Bottom