OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

The Bogner with the M-55-PR PVINT 5 is great for a Plexi sound that is not too "hot-rodded" and sound more old school. I think I like it better than the the Marshall CB IRs of the past because it sounds a little bit less aggressive/more woody with that speaker in the Bogner cab. I've been using CK's Mesa V30 for my drive patches even though it's not the normal IR you'd use there. Great IR but not the right Marshall vintage tonality. I'm sure the Brit TV will handle that better when it's released.

Kevin, do you have any line of sight to vintage 1960A basketweave cabs? I like that type of tonality...like the one Redwirez and TAF have shot. It would be cool to hear your V3 rendering of something vintage.

The IR arms race is heating up! Too many to choose from which makes it hard to simplify and consolidate.

Oh man. I'm happy.
The V3 Mix Libraries feature the Scumback H75 and G12H black back 55. My favorite kind of speakers, and in a Bogner cab, yeah.
And also the return of the EV-L.
Lots of mixing fun.

It's amazing how many variety there is, in V3 Mix. Including Eminence which is absent in most libraries..
Th IRs are clear and roarrrrrrr...

Last edited:
Oh man. I'm happy.
The V3 Mix Libraries feature the Scumback H75 and G12H black back 55. My favorite kind of speakers, and in a Bogner cab, yeah.
Lots of mixing fun.

It's amazing how many variety there is, in V3 Mix. Including Eminence which is absent in most libraries..

Oh yeah! 'ROAR' seems like a perfect word to describe these new IR's!

Kevin, do you have any line of sight to vintage 1960A basketweave cabs? I like that type of tonality...like the one Redwirez and TAF have shot. It would be cool to hear your V3 rendering of something vintage.

I asked Kevin about that last week. I expect to hear from him in regards to that relatively soon. He has a late 70's Marshall 1960b checkerboard cab that sound killer! (right Kevin?)... :)

Oh man, good call on the Governors in my other post about tone Kevin ... couldn't have hit the nail more on the head! If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to these speakers.

I would love love love love love a closed 4x12 and an open back 1x12 with Celestion Alnico Blues!!!!

And bass cabinets :)

Doing the Alnico Blue in the Bogner 4x12 this Friday, actually. Will be doing 1x12's and bass cabs in the V3 Mix Libraries also!

Hey Kevin! I was wondering if you had any plans of shooting the "Based on a 2010 15-ohm Celestion T1281B 55-Hz cone "Heritage" G12H, made in England" speaker inside of the bogner cabinet. Thanks!!

Doing this one this Friday as well.

The Bogner with the M-55-PR PVINT 5 is great for a Plexi sound that is not too "hot-rodded" and sound more old school. I think I like it better than the the Marshall CB IRs of the past because it sounds a little bit less aggressive/more woody with that speaker in the Bogner cab. I've been using CK's Mesa V30 for my drive patches even though it's not the normal IR you'd use there. Great IR but not the right Marshall vintage tonality. I'm sure the Brit TV will handle that better when it's released.

The IR arms race is heating up! Too many to choose from which makes it hard to simplify and consolidate.

60's basketweave - not yet, one of several cabs on my hunting list. 70's checkerboard - you betcha. Gonna V3 Mix Library the crap out of that thing in the not too distant future.

As an aside, as mentioned in the OP I am planning to sample every speaker I have (at current I have about 60 12-inch guitar speakers, and some 10 inch guitar and bass speakers) in every cabinet I have that they can fit in. The end result will be well over 1,000 libraries over the next several years. Depending on my workload in my other responsibilities (day job, parenting, etc), I can put out about 5-20 of these a week. For anybody wanting to know what is coming out every day I would highly recommend liking the OwnHammer Facebook page (facebook.com/ownhammer) to get the releases in your feed. I am not the type to obnoxiously self promote in forums I don't own, so I won't be spamming this sub-forum or even this thread (or start a new one) every time I mic up a cab. I'm happy to post replies and interjections on big news though, so ask away here, but just wanted to put out there where I will be actively providing release information that is not in response to customer inquiry.

I'm very happy everyone is having such a fantastic experience with these new V3 Mix Libraries, and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support! :)

Do you have any recommendations for speakers besides the obvious V30's that would work well for higher gain?

Last edited:
Indeed, these are great sounding IRs

What are your mix favorites?

Oh man. I'm happy.
Lots of mixing fun.

57+121 always works for me. So that's one of the MODERN Mixes.
The RAW variant of that sounds slightly more "natural" than the PRECISE variant.

I've currently the "RMDR 05" IR of every V3 Mix library in my user cabs.
But I probably switch to a slightly darker one, 06 or 07.

Last edited:
I downloaded the FREE V3 MIX last night and converted the WAV files into UR. I then loaded the IRs into my AFX and was blown away (again) by the stuff Ownhammer puts out. This stuff is just simply top-notch! All of the IRs a very usable and very intuitive. Once again, wonderful job on this Mix pack!

I'm really impressed with what I heard. I should have known it was going to be this good based upon my prior purchases but this is just awesome!

Man, I just started playing with IR's other than V30's.
First one I picked was the EDV in the Bogner,
one word...... WOW!!!
This is such a roaring speaker, I LOVE it!
Use your low cut though in the Cab block!!

I've currently the "RMDR 05" IR of every V3 Mix library in my user cabs.
But I probably switch to a slightly darker one, 06 or 07.

Same here. I instantly go for the 05 position straight away in the mix library.

Kevin has returned to form in a wonderful manner; these are the best he's done ever and far more simplified in order to find what works. Slam dunk win/win.

These and the new Fractal IR's are reason enough to justify owning the XL. Holy s***! More quality in IR's today than at any other time.

I would love it if someone would record a short example of each speaker because I have no idea what some of these sound like and have bought some rather unsavory (not OH) IRs in the past.

Man Alive!, iCaramba!, WOW!, Holy Schnikies!... and whatever other choice expression of excitement one chooses to use. I just got done working over the 412-GTR MES-ST EDVH V3 MIX and then the 412-GTR BOG-ST EDVH V3 MIX files. First off, I was really impressed with this speaker. The first time ever trying it out. Never thought in a million years that this speaker would do anything for me knowing what I use and have used. I used it with the Brit Super... another very welcoming surprise I stumbled across a couple months ago

In the Mesa cab it was outstanding... then in the Bogner... I was officially blown away and pee'd myself a little. There was a cab characteristic in play here that was not in the Mesa. A warm, round kind of "knock" is the best way to describe it. I have heard it in very few guitar tones over the years and BAMM!!... it has been found and captured in an IR. It'll kill in all styles across the guitar tone spectrum. Even heavy stuff IMHO. I quickly tried the G12-M's as well and has some of the same, "knock" characteristic but not as prevalent. This library is a beast... and I'll reiterate what Jon said about using the, "low cut" in the cab block for this speaker in either cab. It's pretty massive sounding for a 20 watt speaker.

I've been and am extremely busy as of late but if I get the chance to post a clip or two I'll do so. Thanks Jon for the tip on this library!:encouragement:

Kevin... what can I really say? You-da-man!:encouragement: Can't wait to really dig into this library!

Hey Kevin, what sound would you say the different cabs impart using the same speaker in the V3 Mix series?

I bought some of the V3 Mix Mesa IR's and they work incredibly well. Really like the clarity and presence they have. They sound great with the clean amps adding sparkle that I like and just roar with the high gain amps. They also respond REALLY well using the "Null" mic postion and using the "Proximity" to add fullness and weight. Had a few "Whoa" moments with the Marshalls and the G12V-TP doing this. And the EDVH is great when playing alone with it`s nice full tone. Wondering if I should get more speakers with the same cab or the same speaker but different cabs?

I have some of your other IRs and they are great, but these are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom