OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Whats the difference in sound between Mesa 412 EN 08 and 412 EN 16?
If I have Mesa cab loaded with two V30 16 ohm speakers in parallel (cab is 8 ohm) is than 412 EN 16 equivalent?

If you can wait a day or 2 I'll upload a clip to compare the different V30's so you can hear the differences for yourself.
Every single V30 has a unique character that works.... just great!

so torn. which cab/speaker combo would be best suited for Marshall type tones from classic rock up through heavier stuff (but not 7 extended range/brootalz type tones. i love them, just don't play them)

was thinking the Bogner with V30's or the Diezel with the Lynchbacks

Ain't got
Ain't got
Ain't got no user slots

I cleared about 40 yesterday to make room for these!
I really had to push myself to delete ones that just didn't get used much.
Think of it this way, if you keep filtering the user cabs and keep choosing your favorites you are going to end up with a great collection of the best user cabs you can imagine....

so torn. which cab/speaker combo would be best suited for Marshall type tones from classic rock up through heavier stuff (but not 7 extended range/brootalz type tones. i love them, just don't play them)

anyone?

Hey Kevin, I was curious if the Bogner IR (H-BB-55) would be closest to something like the speaker used for the Brit G12H30 in the Factory Cabinets (F016). I know this is a RW shoot, but I think I saw one in your Mesa Oversized page. I just love the Bogner "woodiness" and curious if this would be comparable for your new V3 series. Thanks!

Listen to the clip in this thread and see if it's what you're looking for. The IR used is listed in the third post.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/95677-shirley-turned-18-fw18-preview.html

Terry.

I already grabbed a couple of the Mesa V30 V3's last week, so these added speakers in Mix format are a no brainer. Added benefit : the $5 price point means I can grab a couple a week right under Minister of Finance's (err, I mean wife) nose. Great job, Kevin!

Can anyone characterize the difference between the G12M-65 and G12H-75 Creambacks?

I am a G12H guy as I prefer their immediacy, but, as they say different strokes for different folks.

Which cab/speaker combo will your recomend for a 5150 higain sounds, schecter 7 string guitar, G# drop (metal progressive/djent)?

Can't go wrong with V30's in the Mesa and Engl. FWIW, my favorite V30's (in no particular order, I am (jokingly) OCD so I always list alphabetically) are:

V30-CH-08
V30-CH-OG
V30-EN-08
V30-EN-OG

Whats the difference in sound between Mesa 412 EN 08 and 412 EN 16?
If I have Mesa cab loaded with two V30 16 ohm speakers in parallel (cab is 8 ohm) is than 412 EN 16 equivalent?

16 ohm speakers are brighter. In the case of the V30-EN, the 16 ohm is WAY brighter. It's not about the load presented to the amp that makes them sound this significantly different (that part is more subtle), it's how the speakers are manufactured to accomplish those impedances.

Can't go wrong with those, I like the V30-CH-OG of the two current V30's for the Bogner a lot, personally. :)

Hey Kevin, I was curious if the Bogner IR (H-BB-55) would be closest to something like the speaker used for the Brit G12H30 in the Factory Cabinets (F016). I know this is a RW shoot, but I think I saw one in your Mesa Oversized page. I just love the Bogner "woodiness" and curious if this would be comparable for your new V3 series. Thanks!

Off the top of my head I don't know what F016 sounds like, I'll need to get back to you on that, however H-BB-55 is pretty cutting, though not as much as most of the reissues. I have the Pre-Rola 55 Hz G12H (the Hendrix/Page speaker) in the Bogner cab warming up right now to sample today, so that may be more along what you are after than the black back. This one should be online in a few hours.

I have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed at the Mesa choices ... Are any of the V30 IRs going to be the same as ones I've already got or will I have to start again?

Guitarjon's response was dead on the money. There is no overlap here to anything I have ever offered, even the most recent Vector libraries. All different flavors, but I am very, very happy with the way the V3 Mix stuff sounds across the board, and the new Raw mixes really do bring something to the table sonically, it's not an empty gimmick feature to say the least!

Wonder if anyone knows...any benefit to using the higher sample rate audio files to create UR IRs from these or is there no benefit beyond 24 bit/48kHz when making those?

Wonder if anyone knows...any benefit to using the higher sample rate audio files to create UR IRs from these or is there no benefit beyond 24 bit/48kHz when making those?

I record the raw audio at 96 kHz 32 bit, everything is dithered and sample rate converted from that. The files in the Axe-Fx-II\Ultra-Res directory will be ideal for conversion in Cab Lab for several factors, and I would highly recommend using those.

Off the top of my head I don't know what F016 sounds like, I'll need to get back to you on that, however H-BB-55 is pretty cutting, though not as much as most of the reissues. I have the Pre-Rola 55 Hz G12H (the Hendrix/Page speaker) in the Bogner cab warming up right now to sample today, so that may be more along what you are after than the black back. This one should be online in a few hours.

I think its called a Celestion G12H Anniversary 30 12". Not sure Ohm rating. It seems to have a little more bite in the mids (1-3kish), a little darker than a V30. I feel its almost a cross between a 25 watt Greenback and a V30. Great for blending. Definitely would be interested in the one you re shooting today! Thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom