Ownhammer V3 Mix Libraries...do I need to convert to UR?

tallcoolone

Inspired
Title says it all... not real experienced with 3rd party IRs and I read in the OH notes something about licensing, WAV files and Cab-Lab? I have CL but have never used it, is it self explanatory?

Thanks!

Yes...the wav files to convert to UR are in the Axe FX II > Ultra Res folders. Here's what I do with Cab Lab. Open it up, and select "Wav2Syx" or something like that from the left hand drop down menu. That pulls up a window. On the top button, select that you want to create Ultra Res IR files. You then have a Source and Destination to select. I just go in and select the folder of the name of the cab or of the speaker under that Axe FX II > Ultra Res folder tree. I choose the same folder for both the source and destination and it creates the IR/SYX files within the same folders. I then go back and delete those wav files out and move that converted folder(s) to where I keep all of my IR and SYX files.

that depends on whether or not you want ultra res. some swear it's night and day, some say it's small but noticeable, some can't tell the difference. its up to you to decide.

$29 for Cab Lab,and a few minutes to convert them. It's a cheap price to pay to try it out. I did, and I prefer the UR's, as I do with almost all of the cabs.

Will the difference between the UR's stand out dramatically in a live band mix? Probably not....

Will they sound better on cheap-o deap-o speakers? Probably not.....

Do they sound better with good monitors, earphones, or wedges? Yeah, they do......

Do they sound better in a studio or rehearsal space? Yeah, they do - to me, at least.

Do they make you play differently, when you are in a space that you can distinguish the difference? Yeah, they do for me.

i wonder if the features in the new cablab are worth waiting for. I'd like to convert all the ones I have but don't want to have to upgrade because the new cablab comes out a week later, lol.

Back
Top Bottom