Ownhammer V3 Mesa demonstration (kinda heavy and lowwwww)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Ownhammer V3 Mesa demonstration (kinda heavy)

Hi everybody!

I was testing out the new Ownhammer V3 Mesa Cab this week and I am loving it!
The new packages that you will be able to buy soon are very versatile.
In short, they will be usefull for any musical style!
In this case I wanted to see how well they work for 8-string stuff, and boy do they work!

I slapped a little clip together that you can check out here:

I used 2 custom mixes that I made with SM57 and R121 IR's (2 mics in every mix).
So I quad-tracked the guitar parts.
Hope y'all dig this groove!

Be sure to check out Ownhammer's new stuff soon!

ps: I'm really hating the sound quality degradation on Soundcloud...

I recorded another one, this time with a 6-string guitar.
Recto modern 2, quad-tracked.
Nice and sizzly!

Last edited:
Blunt Force Trauma!!... and yes the new Ownhammer IR's are a big time accomplice for the trauma you just inflicted. :encouragement:

When the new IR's are released I'll post some cool recipes to try out.
I'm also planning to make a short clip to compare the 4 different types of V30's that OH has to offer in the Mesa cab.
Should be fun!

ok! I haven't decided what my favorites are so here is the whole bunch.
I'm still very curious to hear other people's favorite IR's from this pack!

R121f1 T0 with D57m0 T0 B09
R121f1 T0 I04 at -3.58 with D57m0 T0 H08
R121f1 T0 H04 at -5.27 with D57m0 T0 E08
R121f1 T0 B07 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 C06 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 G06 with D57m0 T0 B07 at -2.50
R121f1 T0 C08 at -1.91 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 B07
R121f1 T0 H04 at -2.35 with D57m0 T0 A07
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 C09
R121f1 T0 I02 at -2.95 with D57m0 T0 C10
R121f1 T0 H04 with D57m0 T0 H06 at -2.35
R121f1 T0 I02 at -1.34 with D57m0 T0 F07
R121f1 T0 G03 at -2.80 with D57m0 T0 E07
D57m0 T0 B07 with D57m0 T0 D07

and a couple that worked great with my bright 8-string sounds:
R121f1 T0 C08 with D57m0 T2 B08 at -2.06
R121f1 T0 C10 with D57m0 T0 B07 at -2.06
R121f1 T0 C10 with D57m0 T2 B09 at -2.35

Now I haven't played them all extensively so I haven't figured out what my favorites are.
But these could be a good starting point!
Let me know your favorite combo's!

Gonna try those out now! What was the first recipe again? The Royer title wasn't completed all the way!

Thanks for taking the time to type that out too!

I'll update with some of my favorite mixes

Gonna try those out now! What was the first recipe again? The Royer title wasn't completed all the way!

Thanks for taking the time to type that out too!

I'll update with some of my favorite mixes

Oops, sorry about that.
I'd have to check that later, in the meantime, pick another one you like :)

it's dead simple to find good tones with those. the amount might look intimidating at first, but what worked for me during beta phase was to pic a mic first, listen to the different vectors at the same distance. if it's too bright, go a number higher. once you've found the vector you like for your primary mic (they differ quite a bit in character) dial in brightness (by numbers). then you can do the same with a secondary mic that perhaps is placed in a vector that fills out a different part of the frequency spectrum.

these libraries work really well for fine tuning your tone. usually you have one or two IRs of the same speaker that leave you with very little options. here you can "move" the mic around the speaker and get really different tones out of it. some vectors have more of the actual cab sound, some more of the speaker. really liking that concept.

Perhaps a dumb question, but where are those Ownhammer IR's to be found? I looked at their website but it's very confusing.. I found high gain essentials but where to go after that??

it's dead simple to find good tones with those. the amount might look intimidating at first, but what worked for me during beta phase was to pic a mic first, listen to the different vectors at the same distance. if it's too bright, go a number higher. once you've found the vector you like for your primary mic (they differ quite a bit in character) dial in brightness (by numbers). then you can do the same with a secondary mic that perhaps is placed in a vector that fills out a different part of the frequency spectrum.

these libraries work really well for fine tuning your tone. usually you have one or two IRs of the same speaker that leave you with very little options. here you can "move" the mic around the speaker and get really different tones out of it. some vectors have more of the actual cab sound, some more of the speaker. really liking that concept.

You're right it's a good way in order to find best IRs, I have all Mesa IRs from HGE pack and I'm using this tips like you said, but in this case I think we have 2 different sound character of Mesa IRs:

1- modern production unit
2- vintage production unit
and also 2 different mic distance for each type of mics

So dunno which distance and production unit is good for me or anyone else, I think if we could listen to some sample of each mic, distance and production unit, it would be a nice job

thanks for your tips.

You're right it's a good way in order to find best IRs, I have all Mesa IRs from HGE pack and I'm using this tips like you said, but in this case I think we have 2 different sound character of Mesa IRs:

1- modern production unit
2- vintage production unit
and also 2 different mic distance for each type of mics

So dunno which distance and production unit is good for me or anyone else, I think if we could listen to some sample of each mic, distance and production unit, it would be a nice job

thanks for your tips.

Making clips of each mic, distace and production unit sounds like a lot of work.
Why not buy one pack and try them out for yourself?
I think my clips give a good overal sound high gain wise.

Back
Top Bottom