Ownhammer V3 Beta test / Trying metal style (FW 16.04)

apescaleconflict

Experienced
Hey!

Title says it all, Kevin has kindly let us test some Beta versions of the upcoming V3 impulses, i decided to show you how it plays in "heavyish" kind of metal style.
I like em a lot! Mics are sm57v / r121f and mesa cab. Amp is 5150 block

Just threw this up really quickly, so sorry for the sloppy playing and tacky riffs, listen to the feel! :)

SOLO track no master EQ etc. only one guitar raw Axe fx II preset: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7606286/rendered/V3solo.mp3

Preset: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7606286/Patcher/5150 Ape.syx

Exact cabs: Mesa 57v08 blended with R121f G05 that was -2db quieter.

This does not include the CAB because you have to buy it from ( http://www.ownhammer.com/store/ ) when released!

Last edited:
Thanks! No it's not downloadable yet, but it will be available to purchase when Kevin releases the whole pack. He mentioned something about this month, but it's all unconfirmed information. :)
When they kick off, they will be available @ here OwnHammer.com - Home

I seriously will need this. That's the kinda tone I'm trying to do for months now... No release date yet?

By the way, that tone, when the pack is out, please oh please release it in your first message... Love it.

I seriously will need this. That's the kinda tone I'm trying to do for months now... No release date yet?

By the way, that tone, when the pack is out, please oh please release it in your first message... Love it.

Kevin spoke only something about this month, so the wait ain't long anyway! But because the date was not official it might offcourse change... Thanks! I can share the preset and the excact details of the impulses used. I can't upload the impulses of course... :)

Okay! I uploaded the preset to the topic to anyone interested, i suggest to find a cab that suites the sound if you wanna get near to the sound in the clip. It's really all about the impulse, they are that good. But when the cab packs out, i updated the cab recipe also, so you can get it spot on. Hope you guys like it anyway, i think you can get a nice sound out of it anyway :)

Wow dude ... what did you use for drums?

Thanks man! Metal Foundry for cymbals (room and direct hits of cymbals, not actual kit) . Metal machine kick, steven slate snare 22. Then because i don't have any kick or snare in the room mics, i use slate kick 10 and snare 22 room samples from platinum ssd and route them to the metalfoundry room mic bus. :)

Thanks man! Metal Foundry for cymbals (room and direct hits of cymbals, not actual kit) . Metal machine kick, steven slate snare 22. Then because i don't have any kick or snare in the room mics, i use slate kick 10 and snare 22 room samples from platinum ssd and route them to the metalfoundry room mic bus. :)

Dayum! That's very specific, thanks for the insight.

No problem dudes, i just hope everyone can get the most out of themselves and try to help as much i can! I really appreciate that you were interested. Thanks to you all :)

Back
Top Bottom