Ownhammer Update?

JJunkie

Power User
I think its time for Ownhammer to fill us in on what he's been up to. Too quiet by far on this forum, seeing as how he has been busting out various cabs lately - Diezel and now Engl.

Please tell us more!

I have always been been a fan of the Engl Savage model in the axe and recently I have 'discovered' the VH4. Do the cabs work best with their matching amps? Do you have a favourite or feel that any one is more versatile?

I agree, I'd also like to suggest an addition to the website: a sonic description of the speaker, and the speaker/cab, maybe what genres the cab works well for, and maybe what other of his cab packs may go well with "this" cab pack. I have the Mesa ST pack with the two types V30's, I'm looking for a cab that's a good compliment to it. That would be a cool tool.

I have a suspicion that Kevin is away from the forum for a reason.

Other than the fact that he's busting tail on shooting impulses, what could you possibly mean?
A conflict of interest is what I mean. I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling that it's business related and nothing personal.

Do I need to be more specific?

I just hope he keeps producing and innovating on the IR front. My sound is built on his IRs. There are some alternatives but the Ownhammer sound is what speaks to me the most...to this point.

A conflict of interest is what I mean. I could be wrong, but I have a gut feeling that it's business related and nothing personal.

Do I need to be more specific?

I still don't know what you are insinuating, so yes. I believe he's just been busily creating impulses, so I don't understand why you would think there would be any business reason for not posting here.

I still don't know what you are insinuating, so yes. I believe he's just been busily creating impulses, so I don't understand why you would think there would be any business reason for not posting here.
With Fractal taking a big stake in the IR business, wouldn't it be odd for a major competitor (whose work has been overly praised on these pages) to use Fractal's own forum as a major platform for promoting their products? Nothing wrong with members posting Ownhammer stuff, but the owner?

59257251.jpg

With Fractal taking a big stake in the IR business, wouldn't it be odd for a major competitor (whose work has been overly praised on these pages) to use Fractal's own forum as a major platform for promoting their products? Nothing wrong with members posting Ownhammer stuff, but the owner?

This doesn't make much sense. Kevin only started posting here at the request of people who use his products. He hasn't been banned from posting here or anything of that sort. IRs aren't used exclusively by this unit, and heck, he's just been cranking cabs out. Probably just doesn't have time for this exact type of drama. LOL

Just excessively busy guys. OH has exploded since the V4 stuff came out to a point that I just can't keep up with the demand for content and administrative tasks, it has been amazing and completely exhausting as I have been at yet another dead sprint for six straight months. When I am able to surface for air I'll put up a V4 thread in this sub forum. I have a couple cabs left that cause me massive amounts of time spent in email, which I need to alleviate by getting the libraries up on the site, and a complete hydrogen bomb I'm going to be dropping that nobody is aware of. Once that stuff is all taken care of and I'm caught up on the typically 2-6 week back log of non-critical email I'll be able to be more present in social media.

In the interim, hope that the sound clips that are being provided with most of the new libraries help to answer the "how does it sound?" inquiry, and a big thanks to Jon and Justin for being so incredible with contributions there. If not, there's always Google, TheGearPage, and YouTube that can hopefully also provide background information on the gear being shot.

Will be back soon! :)

This doesn't make much sense. Kevin only started posting here at the request of people who use his products. He hasn't been banned from posting here or anything of that sort. IRs aren't used exclusively by this unit, and heck, he's just been cranking cabs out. Probably just doesn't have time for this exact type of drama. LOL
See post #5. I said that I could be wrong. And I was, and I'm actually glad that I was. I missed reading Kevin's posts.

Just excessively busy guys. OH has exploded since the V4 stuff came out to a point that I just can't keep up with the demand for content and administrative tasks, it has been amazing and completely exhausting as I have been at yet another dead sprint for six straight months. When I am able to surface for air I'll put up a V4 thread in this sub forum. I have a couple cabs left that cause me massive amounts of time spent in email, which I need to alleviate by getting the libraries up on the site, and a complete hydrogen bomb I'm going to be dropping that nobody is aware of. Once that stuff is all taken care of and I'm caught up on the typically 2-6 week back log of non-critical email I'll be able to be more present in social media.

In the interim, hope that the sound clips that are being provided with most of the new libraries help to answer the "how does it sound?" inquiry, and a big thanks to Jon and Justin for being so incredible with contributions there. If not, there's always Google, TheGearPage, and YouTube that can hopefully also provide background information on the gear being shot.

Will be back soon! :)
Glad to hear that you're still with us, Kevin. Sorry for the inaccurate speculation. Keep up the great work. I pretty much buy all my IRs exclusively from you.

Back
Top Bottom