Ownhammer ultrares

Yes, you would be in violation of the end user license, software piracy laws and also violating copyright laws.

I haven't read the end user license but it sounds like you are able to acquire the ultrares IRs by only converting your own lowres ones via cablab. if Robboman owned the originals and acquired the ultrares from his buddy then how could the law identify the violation and then punish or prosecute against it. seems very grey area to me..

I haven't read the end user license but it sounds like you are able to acquire the ultrares IRs by only converting your own lowres ones via cablab. if Robboman owned the originals and acquired the ultrares from his buddy then how could the law identify the violation and then punish or prosecute against it. seems very grey area to me..

Or, to go a step further, took his purchased originals to his friends house, ran them through cablab, and took them home.

Does the ability to get away with something make it any less wrong though ? Not passing judgement mind you, but simply asking if the difficulty in prosecution (which lets be real, isn't going to happen either way) would change peoples behavior

Does the ability to get away with something make it any less wrong though ? Not passing judgement mind you, but simply asking if the difficulty in prosecution (which lets be real, isn't going to happen either way) would change peoples behavior

The answer to that is no. But getting to that no requires determining whether an action is illegal to begin with.

I'm going to exit this discussion now, because, while I'm posting just in the name of discussion, I'm going to guess that this is going to head in the direction of assorted feathers getting ruffled.

Cab Lab is awesome. Like the Axe itself, you buy it once and upgrades are free to existing customers. No need to purchase it again when a new version has new features (sound familiar, Micro$oft??!), so you have a utility to convert Wav files to UltraRes plus the IR mixing utility that gives you the ability to create your own IR mixes. Cheap at twice the price. Plus we already have several URes IRs to use with the new firmware to get started. Kevin's products have always been top-shelf quality and I have no doubt that the Wavs he releases will be no different. If you don't want to purchase the already-converted IRs (I'm not in a position to drop the money right now), all that's required is a little time for the new Cab Lab and the Wavs to be released, along with the time and effort on our part to do the conversions. "BFD".

i bought the cab lab to create new cabs from the multiple cabs that i like. just for that i thought it was a steal at the price. i'll gladly pay again for a new cab lab if it now allows conversion of wav to ultrares.
i've also purchased the 412, 212 and 112 packs from oh, just so i can have access to a larger palette of irs. again, i feel those packs are worth more than what oh is charging.
after trying out the free ultrares irs that fas has provided and seeing the new cab pack 3 for less than a boutique effect pedal, the only thought going through my mind was:
here! take my money, please!

my axe fx 2, loaded with all the new fw and irs, controlled by a powerful yet user friendly axe edit, managed by the superb fractal bot, is now imho, the most advanced of anything out there, and all for less than the price of a boutique amp, no less.

oh and btw, i am a fanboy... but can you blame me?

ps. sorry for going ot. back to your regular program

I've only purchased a few IR's in the past because I've been pretty happy with what ships with the Axe-Fx and really don't have the desire/time to play with mixing my own. Those IR's I have purchased have been OwnHammer, and I use them all the time.

Even though it's complete overkill for my needs, I happily paid $99 to help support what Fractal is doing, and to encourage more content for such. Once CabLab supports mixing of the UltraRes content, I'll probably purchase that, too. Cliff, thanks for all the free updates and amazing advancements.

Or, to go a step further, took his purchased originals to his friends house, ran them through cablab, and took them home.

This is a different situation. Here the owner is taking the .wav content (which he owns), and using properly licensed software to do it's intended function. That is not illegal, because you are not copying what someone else has done. However, if you both use the same generated UltraRes files, then you're in violation. Cobbler said it well, you're paying for the work of converting as much as the content itself.

Wow, I've been sampling/playing through these, and while I'm not exactly comparing apples-to-apples, I must say that everything just sounds more transparent than before. I thought it sounded good before, and I still do. It seems tighter and clearer with the new UltraRes, I'm definitely not disappointed.

" To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3." This sounds like Cab Pack 3 will not contain everything in the Ownhammer Studio Mix Libraries. Does anyone know what's missing?

" To obtain already converted Ultra-Res IR's for a section of this collection, please refer to the FAS Producer Cab Pack 3." This sounds like Cab Pack 3 will not contain everything in the Ownhammer Studio Mix Libraries. Does anyone know what's missing?

If I remember correct I think in this pack you will have the IR's shot with solid state amp, not the ones done through tube amps? Ownhammer original packs had 3 different amps, 2 tube and 1 solid state and all variations were done with all 3.
I think Cliff wrote somewhere that solid state is more transparent than tube, which will color the IR more...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I remember correct I think in this pack you will have the IR's shot with solid state amp, not the ones done through tube amps? Ownhammer original packs had 3 different amps, 2 tube and 1 solid state and all variations were done with all 3.
I think Cliff wrote somewhere that solid state is more transparent than tube, which will color the IR more...

That certainly makes sense - guess I'm going to have to find out for myself :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ah, you are correct - found it here.

I know this is a dumb question but after reading this thread i am a bit confused, can someone help me out? I purchased the OH modern pack several months ago, so what do I need to do now to get them in ultra format? is it a matter of purchasing cap lab and using the OH collection that I already have or do I have to get new IR's from OH?

I am also confused about this, I have bought OH Vintage, OH Modern, FAS Pack1 & 2, and Cab-Lab.
So is this " Fas Pack 3 " all of those, but converted to UltraRes?

I know way to little about this but I want to support all efforts to further enhance the total package,
and I like to know that I have the options as I get more advanced.

As I said I don't know enough about this stuff, but ..

yesterday I tried a patch and changed the IR to one of the new ones and I loved it!!!
so much more clear to my ears ... higher definition somehow .. oh well it was a clean sound and I loved it!!

now I've forgot my question .. LOL

I know this is a dumb question but after reading this thread i am a bit confused, can someone help me out? I purchased the OH modern pack several months ago, so what do I need to do now to get them in ultra format? is it a matter of purchasing cap lab and using the OH collection that I already have or do I have to get new IR's from OH?
I think I've got this figured out - the Cab Pack 3 from fractal is the UltraRes Studio Mix Libraries from Ownhammer, minus the tube amp created IRs. There is an non-compete agreement that prevents Ownhammer from releasing UltraRes IRs directly,so there should be an update from Ownhammer that will get you updated .wav files that you can convert with CabLab to UltraRes if you already bought it. I don't know if that update will be for the Studio Mix Libraries only or for other products, but the Studio Mix Libraries descriptions specifically mention this update.

The ones you already have are too short to really benefit. You need to wait for OH to update things with longer IRs and download those. They may be free or there may be an upgrade price; I don't know if it's been determined one way or the other on that.

Here is a pertinent question: When Kevin finishes his 2 most recent packs, will they be made available to Fractal to convert into Ultra Res, for those who buy Cab Pack 3?

Same here! I only need 4 cabs of them. I´m using just modern 4x12 cabs. I would buy them but I buy not a big pack for 99$ when I only use 4 of them..

Yeah, I only use a couple different ones also.
It would be nice to be able to buy individual ones for the few of us who don't want the whole pack....

Back
Top Bottom