OwnHammer Uber Duo

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
email-banner.png

Now available from OwnHammer is the Uber Duo impulse response library! Based on and seeking to recreate the sound of both front and rear loaded Bogner™ Uberkabs, the Uber Duo provides another comprehensive angle on the stock-configured dual speaker type 4x12 cabinet, this time focusing on a driver set with some teeth! Each cabinet is fitted with 4 speaker types: 100, T75, V30, and V70, with both the front (412 UBKF) and rear (412 UBKR) loaded cabs representing different eras or types of each speaker model. In OwnHammer Dynamic Duo style, the cabinets are also blended together, in the form of the mix (412 UBKM) option. In this latter feature, you get the best of both worlds for not only the two different kinds of cabinet construction, but also the era or type of speakers as well.

For those seeking sounds the like of the mighty A7X or Hevy Devy, these legendary musical icons were HEAVY sources of inspiration on this project, and both of large personal significance (more info there to those who will be catching the Newsletter blast!). Tones of this nature are on full display via Jon's song playthrough videos for everyone's listening pleasure:

Further information on the speaker types and file inclusions, as well as the aforementioned media demonstrations can be found on the product page at:

ownhammer.com/uber-duo

Uber-Duo.jpg

Enjoy!

Hi Kevin,
Just to say... check your pdf file from this pack... it says:
"In the 212 3QTR and 412 TRAD sections, each of the cabinets contains mixes of two speakers for all available permutations of speaker types within that enclosure. The naming convention is an indication of sonic characteristics regarding the way they are combined and is as follows"
I think it is about California Duo.
Btw... one more pack to my collection!!!

Last edited:
@ownhammer Can you expound on the differences between the Uber and the standard Bogner cabs? Thanks. :)

I can't comment on the construction of the cabs but I can tell you about the tonal differences.
The BOG-ST has a slightly more 'compact' sound with a little more emphasis on the upper midrange.
The Uber cabs in this pack sound a little bit rounder overall with a more 'whopping' sound! ;)
So my impression is that they do sound bigger but it also depends on which cab you choose and which speaker.
The UBKF (front loaded) has a different and slightly more resonant character going on while the UBKR sounds a bit more 'natural'.
Of course the mixed files are the perfect middle ground.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to (try to) answer them all for you!

I can't comment on the construction of the cabs but I can tell you about the tonal differences.
The BOG-ST has a slightly more 'compact' sound with a little more emphasis on the upper midrange.
The Uber cabs in this pack sound a little bit rounder overall with a more 'whopping' sound! ;)
So my impression is that they do sound bigger but it also depends on which cab you choose and which speaker.
The UBKF (front loaded) has a different and slightly more resonant character going on while the UBKR sounds a bit more 'natural'.
Of course the mixed files are the perfect middle ground.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to (try to) answer them all for you!
Thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for, an explanation of the tonal differences.

One other question. In your "I, Avenge" video...what amp in the Axe-Fx were you using? And kudos on those tight triplets around 2:36 in the video!

Thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for, an explanation of the tonal differences.

One other question. In your "I, Avenge" video...what amp in the Axe-Fx were you using? And kudos on those tight triplets around 2:36 in the video!

Thanks!
For all the main rhythm parts I used the Das Metal amp.
I love how articulate and aggressive it sounds, especially with Seymour Duncan equipped guitars.
I used the UBKF cab for the entire song.
All the rhythms are the V30 and leads the V70.

I just got this pack and am loving it! Works really great for heavy rhythms. Great work as usual.

One thing that I would've really liked to have had was a Greenback speaker. That's my only critique.

Hey, @ownhammer and other guys. Is there some kind of demand for the K100 speakers? I've only found one amp in the Axe-Fx that it sounds good with and that's the Diezel VH4 Blueface Ch3. I don't see many people posting clips using this speaker. @Guitarjon I don't think you've done a video using it...have you? Just wondering why this speaker keeps showing up in "heavy" packs. I personally rarely use it, if ever. That's why I waited on buying this Duo, but wanted it for the other speakers. Just wish the K100's were swapped out for Greenbacks. That would get more use. Not trying to stir up anything. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way. I am really enjoying this pack, though. It's pulled me away from using the Mesa V30 from the HHC1. It just has this great nastiness to it.

M25's were shot in the non-UberKab Bogner, and have been sitting on the site disabled for over a year now waiting for me to finish the last few files in the 6-Pack and also decide what I wanted to do with it (I have had much inner debate as to where and in what form I want to start releasing libraries for various reasons). I have a tendency to favor M25's and V30's as they are my favorite speakers for most all tones, but the Uber library was more aimed at the metal crowd as the standard Bogner, whenever and wherever the 6-pack ends up going, was more aimed at the rock and blues crowd. Just as well, the Uber library came on the back of the FMAN library, which had multiple M25's. K100's get requested from time to time, not a huge push, but that's the case for most things as the majority of people, like me, seem to mostly use and prefer V30's and M25's. :)

M25's were shot in the non-UberKab Bogner, and have been sitting on the site disabled for over a year now waiting for me to finish the last few files in the 6-Pack and also decide what I wanted to do with it (I have had much inner debate as to where and in what form I want to start releasing libraries for various reasons). I have a tendency to favor M25's and V30's as they are my favorite speakers for most all tones, but the Uber library was more aimed at the metal crowd as the standard Bogner, whenever and wherever the 6-pack ends up going, was more aimed at the rock and blues crowd. Just as well, the Uber library came on the back of the FMAN library, which had multiple M25's. K100's get requested from time to time, not a huge push, but that's the case for most things as the majority of people, like me, seem to mostly use and prefer V30's and M25's. :)
Thanks for taking the time to explain this!

About the Duo being aimed at the metal crowd, I totally understand that. I mainly stick with V30's for metal with an EVH or G12-65 here and there.

Whelp. I may have spoke to soon about the K100's. Damn, the "Modern" quick start mix sounds absolutely amazing! So much more crushing and usable than the K100's from the HHC1 (no offense). This pack is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

Back
Top Bottom