OwnHammer TV and Cab Pack 8 TV

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Wondered if anyone had played both? Not asking which is better, really...different philosophies, methodologies, etc. Just curious. I've spent so much on ir's lately trying to keep from buying everything that comes down the pipe, lol.

and I know, only my ears can tell me....couldnt stop myself from asking, though...

One big difference is that with the Ownhammer ones you can choose different speaker types so it depends on what type you'd like to compare it to....

Last edited:
I see each as being different. Different mics in some cases, different mic capture techniques, different philosophy (taking out the power amp characteristics vs. leaving in neutral), probably different speakers. Think of it this way...Cab Pack 5 had a TV as well and it sounds unique to these. I think a lot of it has to do with who's sauce you prefer. Some like Sriracha...some like Tabasco...etc. Some like both!

Haven't played Clark's pack, but I'll tell you that the OwnHammer TV cab is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both and I can say they are both fanstastic - lots of spices now to make nice sauces and like the results with any of them...:encouragement:

I've cleared on my Axe FX II Mark I all the user cabs and refillt it completly with OH MAR TV and CB as well as all Alloy and some single mics from CK and of course cab Pack 7.:lol

I've cleared on my Axe FX II Mark I all the user cabs and refillt it completly with OH MAR TV and CB as well as all Alloy and some single mics from CK and of course cab Pack 7.:lol

Have you tried the OH Checkerboard Marshall with Lynchbacks? That's been my favorite Marshall cab so far. Great muscle with a smooth top end. I call it my Swiss Army knife cab because it sounds good with everything.

Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

depends on the amp to me I use v3 tv and cab pack 8 on different presets. speakers in the v3 shot in different cabs also have different tones. just buy them all then you will have tone by the balls!

Fantastic value on both.

I paid about 25x what these packs are worth to get a real vintage 70's Marshall large check 4x12 cab with GB's

well i've bought quite a few of the v3 cabs/speakers. i love the OH stuff for sure. plan on picking up the fractal tv pack as well.

Haven't played Clark's pack, but I'll tell you that the OwnHammer TV cab is fantastic.

do you play around town very often? I play in Nashville as well, would love to meet a fellow Fractalite/Nashvegan sometime!

do you play around town very often? I play in Nashville as well, would love to meet a fellow Fractalite/Nashvegan sometime!

Unfortunately, I don't get to play Nashville very often, but I'd love come see one of your sets sometime and hang. Just PM me when you're playing. :)

Did you land on a TV cab library yet?

They're different and sound different. Mine is all about capturing the stock TV cab as if you went to the guitar store and bought that cab and captured all of it's flavors. From the four speakers Cliff and Tyler loved the C speaker the most. Personally D is what I liked the most. A and B sound most modern however. So my concentration is on the different tonalities the stock cabinet with G12M25s is able to give you. OwnHammer's concentration is on how different speakers sound in that cabinet. It's a different philosophy.

absolutely, i understand they are totally different philosophies/methodologies, etc. Was just curious to hear from those who had tried both. No doubt that both are top notch products created by great people.

Interested in trying Cab Pack 8 after trying a bunch of Ownhammer stuff.

Is it true that the OH stuff is a bit more scooped in the mids due to him using a "neutral" tube power amp to take the IRs? Is Cab Pack 8 taken with a solid state amp?

Back
Top Bottom