OwnHammer - Testing Digital

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
So one of the things I am finding my self in extremely short supply of these days is time. When it comes to gear set up, maintenance, mixing out of the box or at least processing tracks and stems in DA/gear/AD loops, I typically just don't even bother tracking any demos because it just takes too long, and the return on investment isn't there. In order to hopefully cut that down, I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of Slate stuff (several of the SD plugins, and SSD4 as well as the David Bendeth expansion) and the SSL Duende G Bus. In a matter of a day of messing with it, this is the outcome of a completely in the box mix:

Results were decent enough to use for demos and such things, I think.

Guitar chain is interesting. M4 modular tube preamp into the Axe-Fx II where it is doing the power amp simulation only. Bass is all Axe-Fx II. IR's are OwnHammer (Mesa 4x12 with V30-EN-08 and AMPG BASS).

Still needs some fiddling and tweaking, but not bad for the convenience all of these elements provide and the short time it took to go from downloading and installing the content to printing the mix. Add that it is all a completely silent recording chain where most of it was recorded at 3 in the morning, and one can certainly say a charmed life we all live to have these kinds of solutions provided to us at the price points they are going for. :)

Last edited:
guitars sound great in the mix. I've done the same thing myself. IMHO if you have a great set of converters you 80% there.
I've been using whatever I can get from Cakewalk for compressors and EQ's and my mixes sound huge... I have the Manley MU, Massive Passive EQ and
they have been sitting in the box... one thing I love to run my Board into is the Phoenix Audio Nice DI

Back
Top Bottom