OwnHammer T1 DYN57 and RBN121

maschoff

Experienced
So I started building presets based on each version of the amp channels available in the Axe and I've been rolling through appropriate IRs suggestions from the AMP (block) list. I really liked Adam Cook's suggestion of the Basketweave TV 57 and R121; just a stereo cab with these IRs selected. So I tried this with the OwnHammer versions of these IRs and all I can say is hell yeah! :) I like the T1 version of these IRs. Sorry I can't post any clips, I'm off to a wedding. Have fun experimenting and let me know your thoughts for all of you who own the Vintage and Modern speaker collections. If you like the Basketweave TV 57 and 121 mix, try this mix with the H-RI-55 or the H-SB-75.

I've learned that the Royer 121 + SM57 combo is a wellknown and much-used method.

In the words of Red Wirez: "SM57 for some bite and an R121 for the beef".

Pete Thorn did something similar when creating his recent Preset Pack. Using a VR1 ribbon instead of the Royer 121 ribbon. "SM57 and an SEVR1, about 1-1/2 inches from the grillecloth and at the "cap edge". This is my go-to mic positioning, and I usually blend the VR1 in just a bit - so you are primarily hearing the 57, with the VR1 just mixed in a bit for warmth and smoothnes."

When mixing IRs today, I also used the 57 and 121 IRs from Fractal's Producer Packs.

Back
Top Bottom