OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Sounds great, Kevin. Enjoy the holidays with your family. I'll be chillin' waiting for when you're all set. Your life and my life sound like they are going to be veeeerrrrry similar over the next period of time.

Kevin,

Thoughtful of you to post here and ask for feedback.

For me, I would rather wait and let you get your process and thoughts going for the releases vs. preliminary stuff today.

Looking forward to using your new IR's.

Happy Holidays,

Richard

Very cool of you to put the offer out there Kevin. Thanks! I am very excited to get a hold of some more of these bad boys but take the time you need. I personally can wait a bit longer.

Kevin, take your time, do it your way and let it fall where it may. If they are as good as I suspect they will be, all will be forgiven... trust me.

Kevin, with as much as we've spoken on e-mail, I know how important family is to you (as it is to me). Take the time with family.

Voicings and Modes Comparison (280 MB)

Please make sure not to skip over the text file (and be sure to read it in its entirety) that details a great many things.
*edit* I just uploaded a new zip to the server as I noticed in the text file it says a couple files are in there that I later removed.

Also, without a direct apples to apples comparison it is just speculation on my part, but it would seem I may have improved upon the sound even further from what it was in the public beta and jump starter files. There is a secondary folder with the files that made me come to this conclusion and the very last portion of the text file gives a possible explanation.

Really, really excited to get part of this library out and available to everyone sometime next week! I'd like to try as hard as possible to get the SM57, TC30, and R121 done, but if I can do that it will probably mean I put it out on Friday instead of Wednesday, which in the end will be better for all as I'll hopefully have more time to devote to filling jump starter slots over the weekend, if and when the wife and kids will allow... To this end, if you jump starter folks know you want this library, it would be much better for the both of us if you email in starting now so that I have during the week next week to do this in a proactive fashion rather than a reactive one. As mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, the first library (the one I'm working on now) is the 412-GTR Bogner 12M (Celestion Heritage G12M-20 "Greenback").

I'm leaving in a few hours for the weekend, but will be able to pick back up on things Monday.

Last edited:
[...] To this end, if you jump starter folks know you want this library, it would be much better for the both of us if you email in starting now so that I have during the week next week to do this in a proactive fashion rather than a reactive one. As mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, the first library (the one I'm working on now) is the 412-GTR Bogner 12M (Celestion Heritage G12M-20 "Greenback").

E-mail sent.

Voicings and Modes Comparison (280 MB)

Please make sure not to skip over the text file (and be sure to read it in its entirety) that details a great many things.
*edit* I am uploading a new zip to the server as I noticed in the text file it says a couple files are in there that I later removed.

Also, without a direct apples to apples comparison it is just speculation on my part, but it would seem I may have improved upon the sound even further from what it was in the public beta and jump starter files. There is a secondary folder with the files that made me come to this conclusion and the very last portion of the text file gives a possible explanation.

Really, really excited to get part of this library out and available to everyone sometime next week! I'd like to try as hard as possible to get the SM57, TC30, and R121 done, but if I can do that it will probably mean I put it out on Friday instead of Wednesday, which in the end will be better for all as I'll hopefully have more time to devote to filling jump starter slots over the weekend, if and when the wife and kids will allow... To this end, if you jump starter folks know you want this library, it would be much better for the both of us if you email in starting now so that I have during the week next week to do this in a proactive fashion rather than a reactive one. As mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, the first library (the one I'm working on now) is the 412-GTR Bogner 12M (Celestion Heritage G12M-20 "Greenback").

I'm leaving in a few hours for the weekend, but will be able to pick back up on things Monday.

Well, that zip file is extensively done and flat out exactly what I wanted to hear. Your current V2 is freaking tasty - even compared to the beta version - and the range of voicings will make this exceptionally useful for different tonal palettes. I can't wait!!

They sound great, man! So I am sure of it, the public release will be available to everybody right - not just the jumpstarter folks? I'm down with getting these as they come out or picking and choosing. Or I'll try my hand at them and buy them all up in a package deal if it is ever released. Thanks man. I'm ridiculously excited for this!

They sound great, man! So I am sure of it, the public release will be available to everybody right - not just the jumpstarter folks? I'm down with getting these as they come out or picking and choosing. Or I'll try my hand at them and buy them all up in a package deal if it is ever released. Thanks man. I'm ridiculously excited for this!

Thanks! Yes, it will be available to everyone, and the early release mentioned previously will be also, though it will be hidden on my site and you'll need the URL posted in this thread to get to it. Alternatively you will also be able to do a search on my site and it will turn up in the results, I just don't want it showing up like normal as if it were a finished product until it's at 100% completion.

I'm heading out of town now, I can hit email and forum posts again on Monday, have a good weekend guys!

Sampling the R121 right now, tests of it to find positions sounded lovely. Thanks for pushing me into and helping to fund that, guys! :)

I got ambushed with conference calls yesterday, so I wasn't able to get to the TC30 this week. :(

When I have everything ready and on the site (probably Friday, but who knows, could be sooner depending on my anxiety/insomnia) I'll post the early version of the first library, for now it will have the FatHead, R121, SM7B, and SM57. Keep your eyes on this space for a link in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom