OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Also, cat out of the bag time, the first library will be the 412-GTR Bogner 12M (4x12 Bogner cabinet with Celestion G12M-20 speaker option). Unless I change my mind, which is always a possibility and happens more often than it doesn't, this will be the order of the first batch of libraries:

412-GTR Bogner 12M
412-GTR Mesa V32
212-GTR Shiva JBB
112-GTR Thiele 12L
412-GTR Bogner V31
212-GTR Shiva G65
412-GTR Bogner 12H

This covers as many bases as possible while also suiting what I feel has the largest market demand. The first year of these is always going to be the battle of trying to get everybody their 1 favorite configuration as of yesterday, which is an impossible task and can be frustrating on both sides. However once that's over tensions will resolve a little and I can hopefully start throwing in more obscure niche options once in a while as the big ones will already be available.

If it says anything for the size of the task at hand, prior to now the WAV libraries had a little over 100 captures per library. I'm still making decisions but the V2 libraries are going to be somewhere around the 2000 to 2500 mark. No shortcuts are being taken, I'm going with an all analog signal path throughout, and I have 4/3 that many captures to make for the PRO libraries, which is a completely different approach and completely different set of files, so it's quite the nightmare I've carved out for myself here. :lol
thanks for the update, Kevin !

the release order makes a lot of sense and should make users quite happy. I know I'll definitely be getting the first five !

and now about the size... just drop the Nebula stuff and you'll get on with the wav libraries a bit quicker ;)

The Atomica can tolerate high MV because it is a "Jose-style MV". The Jose-style MV imparts a very high source resistance to the tone stack which causes much more insertion loss and therefore lower drive level into the power amp.

I think I have a preset where the master is set at about 8, I was in doubt about how to set it but It sounded good to me.

Fun fact time!

Used with his proactive permission, here's what Grammy award winning guitarist and living legend Steve Stevens has to say about the OwnHammer public beta IR's:

"I recently downloaded your public beta cabs for use in my Axefx II. They may very well be the best sounding IR's I have used yet. They seem to have a realness and in your face quality that I find lacking in most other cab IR's. Just a lil' message of praise. Keep up the good work...it's very very appreciated over here."

Steve is one of many industry professionals to have contacted me unprovoked to have similar things to say. Given what I know about what's to come, I couldn't be more excited to see what he and 99.99999999999999% of the world who the beta files rocked think when the full libraries start becoming available.

In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that. ;)

... well he's 99.99999999999999% right... since tone is purely subjective. Congrats on your early success. Well deserved Kevin.

Positive feedback is always rewarding after all that hard work you're doing Kevin but when it comes from Stevens, that's priceless!
I missed out on the trial offer but I do have the Bogner V30 beta and I'm really stoked how it sounds. Look forward to the V2 release!

The Atomica can tolerate high MV because it is a "Jose-style MV". The Jose-style MV imparts a very high source resistance to the tone stack which causes much more insertion loss and therefore lower drive level into the power amp.

Would it be possible to have the 'mod' as a selectable option? Or maybe have something like the way the Tone Stacks are selectable? Sounds Jose-Style MV sounds like a killer 'mod'.

Would it be possible to have the 'mod' as a selectable option? Or maybe have something like the way the Tone Stacks are selectable? Sounds Jose-Style MV sounds like a killer 'mod'.

It sort of is. If you use 9.00 as your Master Volume setting; you are wide-open on the Master Volume. Any setting above 9.00 (ie. 9.50 or 10.00) is the "Jose" mod by degree. Stay at 9.00 or below and you are not using the 'mod'.

My take on it is,

The Atomica model MV is like the real Atomica MV. So, it's not a mod, its the way the amp is designed.

In that context, turning off the mod didn't make sense to me?

Just use another amp model.

Richard

Fun fact time!

Used with his proactive permission, here's what Grammy award winning guitarist and living legend Steve Stevens has to say about the OwnHammer public beta IR's:

"I recently downloaded your public beta cabs for use in my Axefx II. They may very well be the best sounding IR's I have used yet. They seem to have a realness and in your face quality that I find lacking in most other cab IR's. Just a lil' message of praise. Keep up the good work...it's very very appreciated over here."

Steve is one of many industry professionals to have contacted me unprovoked to have similar things to say. Given what I know about what's to come, I couldn't be more excited to see what he and 99.99999999999999% of the world who the beta files rocked think when the full libraries start becoming available.

In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Congratulations Kevin! Much deserved!

I like the v2 beta IR's so much it's got me wanting to try out some of the v1 cabs. For those of you with experience with the v1 cabs, what can I expect in terms of differences in tone/feel between v1 and v2?

Back
Top Bottom