OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Yep, the Mesa V32 and Bogner V31 by far are the most popular ones on the site right now. That said, the Bogner V31 is not actually going to be the first V2 library I do. :shock

What is going to be first will, however, have to remain a surprise... :twisted

That said, the Bogner V31 is not actually going to be the first V2 library I do. :shock

What is going to be first will, however, have to remain a surprise... :twisted
what ??? :) ...so let me get this straight...I'll have to wait till next year for the Bogner V30 while some metalheads can shred their scooped new metal "tones" through some shiny new IRs ? the surprise better be a good one, haha :)

what ??? :) ...so let me get this straight...I'll have to wait till next year for the Bogner V30 while some metalheads can shred their scooped new metal "tones" through some shiny new IRs ? the surprise better be a good one, haha :)

Oh the username gave me away... :roll

It's ok, I play jazz too! ;)

Sorry if this is a dumb question (I think I've read through all the recent Ownhammer threads) so, please correct me if I am wrong, but are the only V2 cabs available at the moment the free Beta cabs that Kevin released to us? I was conscious of this ambiguity before I purchased as I knew I was gonna buy either way- the kickstarter bundles were a great deal and those Beta cabs rocked my socks :) I bought the Tier 3 bundle and I was looking through the cabs to add to my 10 slots and I wasn't sure what is new or older versions. So, I figure the kickstarter bundles are the older versions that we were able to get at the special price and we will get the free updates to whichever cab sets that we chose as they become available? Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something, I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to devote as much time to keep up with everything that's been going on. Thanks in advance :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question (I think I've read through all the recent Ownhammer threads) so, please correct me if I am wrong, but are the only V2 cabs available at the moment the free Beta cabs that Kevin released to us? I was conscious of this ambiguity before I purchased as I knew I was gonna buy either way- the kickstarter bundles were a great deal and those Beta cabs rocked my socks :) I bought the Tier 3 bundle and I was looking through the cabs to add to my 10 slots and I wasn't sure what is new or older versions. So, I figure the kickstarter bundles are the older versions that we were able to get at the special price and we will get the free updates to whichever cab sets that we chose as they become available? Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something, I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to devote as much time to keep up with everything that's been going on. Thanks in advance :)

Yes, the beta stuff is the only V2 stuff out now. The Jumpstarter stuff is all new and basically entitles you to ten V2 selections as they are released.

Yes, the beta stuff is the only V2 stuff out now. The Jumpstarter stuff is all new and basically entitles you to ten V2 selections as they are released.

Thanks 80's man! I was on the right track. I kinda like that they are being released periodically, it gives us something to look forward to along with the firmware updates. Plus, a ton of files to wade through at once can be a bit daunting, this way I can get to know the cabs more intimately without accidentally overlooking something.

Just for some of you who may not have the files to hear for yourself - there is some misinformation I've seen posted in a couple of places recently saying the new OH beta files are "too bright", "too bassy", "not enough mids", etc, some of which seems to be a misunderstanding or lack of effort put into auditioning, so I just took less than five minutes to record a junk little demo of one of the IR's that was just mentioned in another thread, the 412-GTR Bogner 12H MA200 6M:

Check the clip page for info on what was used. Note these beta IR's are in "Modern" mode, so there is a tiny little bit of a mid scoop from the gear choices and the room is "dead", as is to be expected. There are 3 other voicings where frequency response and ambiance will vary according to description. These IR's are shot in the same way that commercial recordings are made, with the same equipment and the same configurations and methodologies. The technology behind IR's is that of measurement and includes audio taken directly from real life elements, not built from a keyboard. If desired results are not obtainable with what I am currently doing, then there is something wrong with the source that is feeding into them. I've been contacted in private by an engineer who has worked on some of my favorite all time recordings to express praise for these new files; that would not have happened if these weren't up to the highest of standards. So if you're not getting what you want, take a look at what is coming before it and see if you can make the changes there, because that's where your trouble is going to lie. Also, there are a lot of really cool things going on right now in development, so keep in mind what you've seen so far is just a mere glimpse of what is to come.

Happy tone hunting to all, and to all a good night. :)

^^ ...sounds great to me. very well balanced and natural.

+1

The beta IR's sound much fuller to me. Not muddy or congested; but smooth response and much more balanced. They are the best sounding IR's I've used yet in the Axe.

When I A/B with the factory cabs, it is very easy to hear the qualities of the beta IR's too.

Me likey!

Rock on,

Richard

If it has 'scooped mids' or 'hyped bass' or is 'too bright' then you dialed it that way.

Tone is so subjective. For instance on a recent clip I posted one guy thinks a given clip is too bright, another says you have scooped mids and a third says you have hyped bottom. I don't hear any of them in what I did. LOL. I've had guys tell me my stuff won't sit right in a mix because it's too .... (insert any number of "too" adjectives) when in reality and on the gig, engineers, musicians, my band mates - and me! - feel that I've got my personal tone down tight and it's working.

I get hired and work in bands because of what I do and how I do it... my tones are personal (which is fine to not like or enjoy btw) but I'm happy. When you are doing your own tones or dialing your rig in for a gig; it is up to you as a musician to dial accordingly.

With the OH V2 (and quite honestly, the Santiago IR's), I find that task much faster, more efficient and in the end more pleasing to myself. I play inspired and with passion because of it; and have more fun.

Nothing else.... nothing else... matters to me.

well I finally got around to trying a couple of these beta
the SM-57 -5 and the sm57-F6 are freaking amazing on the JVM,the Brit super and the Atomica Hi
I mixed the 5 with the Cali 4X12 with an r121 on the Cali and it made my recto patch and my mark IV patch jump out of the RCf. Really sounds lively
alot of top end though I had to eq the treble down a bit but these sound amazing. I haven't recorded anything with them yet but thru the RCF
definitely sounding good.
what is the TC folder all about? is that just a different mic? and are you guys blending them for any high gain patches
Definitely count me in when the final versions of these are out
a green back , H30 and GH -65 that pops out at you like these V30's do, would make me very happy guy.

Back
Top Bottom