OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

A speaker no one made an IR of yet, that I'm aware of, is the Tone Tubby. For those who don't know, Carlos Santana uses them with his Dumble, which I saw him trying at Ultrasound in NYC what back when.

SO..

Lot have people have pulled the trigger on this (I am going to somepoint today once im home) but what is a consensus with the 10 'further' downloads?

Are people holding out to get the new cabs, people downloading the 'Legacy' Cabs?

Also has anyone had the time to record a demo with the bonus cabs for a listen?

Cheers

Just a short question from an IR noob.
I've seen a lot of people going for the tier 3 package but I don't know what a .NEB file is.
Presumably just owning the Axe FX II I'd be able to do the same with the wav / sysx bundles ?
Let me know if I'm completely wrong. I just want to make sure I order what I actually need and not buy a file format I don't need !
Many thanks in advance - they sound great !

NEB is really for a separate program that isnt to down with The Axe-Fx, Called Nebulas 3. The idea i get is that is like mixIR but with deadicated file formats that are not the same as .wav or .sysx.

Kev posted this before

Originally Posted by ownhammer View Post
Both packages contain the G1 and G2 Fractal SysEx files, they differ on the DAW file elements. WAV packages contain multiple sample rates of .wav files for using with convolution reverb (among other things), where the NEB packages contain .N2P/.N2V files for use with Acustica Audio's commercial Nebula VST. If you don't know about Nebula, haven't been highly curious about it with enough extra coin to go in on the Nebula 3 Pro product from Acustica, or consider yourself a hardcore recordist/DAW tone snob (I fit here, I use these terms lovingly), the WAV stuff is what you want.

Hope this helps some.

NEB is really for a separate program that isnt to down with The Axe-Fx, Called Nebulas 3. The idea i get is that is like mixIR but with deadicated file formats that are not the same as .wav or .sysx.

Kev posted this before

Originally Posted by ownhammer View Post
Both packages contain the G1 and G2 Fractal SysEx files, they differ on the DAW file elements. WAV packages contain multiple sample rates of .wav files for using with convolution reverb (among other things), where the NEB packages contain .N2P/.N2V files for use with Acustica Audio's commercial Nebula VST. If you don't know about Nebula, haven't been highly curious about it with enough extra coin to go in on the Nebula 3 Pro product from Acustica, or consider yourself a hardcore recordist/DAW tone snob (I fit here, I use these terms lovingly), the WAV stuff is what you want.

Hope this helps some.

Many thanks - I did skim read the 19 page thread and sorry I didn't pick up on that.
Appreciate that !

Forgive me Kevin and u tried to make me understand this but as Coverdale once said "here I go again!"
I have a large package of oh already say v1,
U state u will update these for free I assume the same way u made the new beta here. True?

If so (and I like mesas which I bought).
What is the benefit of buying yet undisclosed other cabs that may not suit my needs?

Or is part one false and I will need to buy a version 2 of said mesas?

One more. What doesn't the free version of the ir mixer do? I can't seem to audition mixes but is that an axe edit bug?

anybody?

Any OH IRs you have already purchased will be upgraded for free, but we don't know exactly when that will be (months?). The only reason to buy one of the packages right now is you will get it at a lower price. The tier 3 package gives you 10 cabs of your choice for $10 each. I believe that once the new IRs are released, the price will go up. Also, you get to download the bonus files so you can start using other cabs not included in the public beta. I purchased tier 3 and am using the new bonus cabs, but have not decided on any other cabs yet. I'll wait until Kevin starts updating the old ones and see which ones I want. if I read your question correctly, If you already bought the Mesa cabs and think that's all you will want/need, then just wait until they get updated for free. If you think you might want something else, go ahead and purchase now.

Also, I don't think the demo version of AOMDSP will allow you to audition mixes (has nothing to do with Axe-Edit). You can use Axe-Edit (Axe-Manage) to audition the mixes you've made with the demo though.

Also, I don't think the demo version of AOMDSP will allow you to audition mixes (has nothing to do with Axe-Edit). You can use Axe-Edit (Axe-Manage) to audition the mixes you've made with the demo though.

I guess I was wrong - just tried it out and the demo does let you audition the IR after you mix it. I guess the audition button was grayed out because Axe-Fx wasn't connected.

Count me in for the Tier 3 WAV Jumpstart. Looking forward to digging into these and even more excited to be able to support such fantastic work. Keep it up Kevin!

Oh yeah... and the aomDSP as well.

Last edited:
I've barely had time for the AXE II or the forum (unfortunately) but I know Kevin does awesome work. Tier 3 bundle purchased! Can't wait to try everything out!

What I'm curious about is if you may ever consider making bass cab IRs? That would be something I'd really bite on. These new IRs sound disturbingly nice, and it would be wicked cool to have some new speaker IRs to record some of the low notes with.

Kevin, did you get a R92 ??
One of the studios I've done most work at has a R92 and it's absolutely wonderful. I would love to have IR's shot with a R92.
Also I'd love to have an IR of G12-65's in a 2x12 open back "Dumble style" cab.
Furthermore if you could get get an IR of a Super Reverb 4X10 and a small Tweed Deluxe 1x12 cab then that would be perfect.

Got Tier 3 Wav yesterday - exciting times ahead :)

What I'm curious about is if you may ever consider making bass cab IRs? That would be something I'd really bite on. These new IRs sound disturbingly nice, and it would be wicked cool to have some new speaker IRs to record some of the low notes with.

+1 on a few choice bass cabs - Ampeg 8x10 comes to mind........

anyone can confirm this to me?

I'm getting the jump starter tier 2.

1 - I don't get any beta files?

2 - I can choose 5 old libraries that will get the update for free?

3 - Any library I had prior to this will also get the update for free?

thanks a lot!

anyone can confirm this to me?

I'm getting the jump starter tier 2.

1 - I don't get any beta files?

2 - I can choose 5 old libraries that will get the update for free?

3 - Any library I had prior to this will also get the update for free?

thanks a lot!

I believe you DO get the Beta files from the public Beta. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom