OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Kevin - just one question:
Tier 3 gives 10 WAV libraries. The libraries cost $10.00 each now. Apart from helping to fund you right now - which is, in itself, a valid reason for the kickstarter, isn't buying 10 libraries now the same? Sorry if I'm a bit confused on your pricing structure here.

Tier 3 gives 10 WAV libraries. The libraries cost $10.00 each now. Apart from helping to fund you right now - which is, in itself, a valid reason for the kickstarter, isn't buying 10 libraries now the same? Sorry if I'm a bit confused on your pricing structure here.

Prices will rise once the product is released from my understanding so getting in now is really the way to go.

Hey Kevin,

Why did you go for the R101 instead of the R121?
The R121 is the stapple for Ribbon mics on guitar cabs. I have one and it absolutely rules!!!

I've been fighting with myself over this for weeks, to be honest. I settled on the R101 simply because in quick listening tests of A/B comparisons I've found of the two I liked the R101 better. Your question has forced me back to the files I've collected, and the more I listen to them, the more I'm realizing that at the time and as a result of rushing through it, I liked the R101 because it was less dark. Listening more, I'm realizing that the R121 has more detail to it, is more 3D, it is darker, but that can be fixed with placement. I may go R121, I've got more homework to do. Wish I had both to try out using my gear in my room with my placement/capture techniques. Now that the preamp debacle is out of the way and done, I'll be revisiting this. FWIW, I'm having the same internal debate between the Gefell M300, a Neumann KM84 (ebay) or KM184, and an AKG 414. However, if I go R121 over R101, that might be all she wrote, I might not be able to spring for any other mics. R101 + M300 = $1660, R121 alone = $1300. The Mojave MA200 kicks all kinds of tail, I just wanted something a little different in the condenser family and also more maneuverable in tight spots - would come in handy with the Auxiliary stuff. I'm still in the research phase with all of this, so I guess nothing is set in stone, I just have leanings until I pull the trigger. I love the MA-200 on cabs, I may also consider the MA-101 Fet. I'll need to do more digging, but the end summary on the prosoundnetwork.com review of it is exactly what I want to hear, if it is to be believed (which I am not so naive and too jaded to, unfortunately).

The new V2 (to use Scott's description) cab libraries will take about 5-10 times more time and effort to put together (a piece), plus I've dug myself another 10-15k deeper into the red in gear (stuff I've bought and kept, and other stuff I've picked up, tried out, sold, and lost money on), and if you completely neglect the aforementioned (which will be transparent to most anyone not following this thread closely, or I'm sure a select few just don't care) each library is going to be roughly 25 times the size they were before (it was 6 options per mic prior, now it's going to be 144 per mic and maybe 11 mics instead of 10). That's a pretty monstrous expansion and requirement on my part, so the new cabs are going to be $19 for WAV and $29 for NEB. 25 times the size, only 2 times the price, not too shabby. :)

Last edited:
I play mostly clean, and also smooth blues. Don't use too much distortion or high gain tones. I wonder would these IR's still benefit me? Or are they mostly for the higher gain players?

For the first 12-15 months after going live with the site my biggest customer base consisted of modern progressive, heavier music type players and recordists. A lot of that had to do with the fact that most of the cabs were geared toward that audience, as was the presentation in sound. I think this gave me the 'stigma' of only being able to appeal to that aesthetic. Those same heavier music folks find the new files/methods a measurable improvement all around and are very happy, however the big change I've noticed with everything since the beta started is the satisfaction level for the Fender/Vox/Marshall guys. The extra beta files in the kickstarter are more geared toward this crowd (I'm not pitching here, FWIW), as will be my primary focus on new library development, and I feel I've done my due diligence to make the new packs extremely versatile with the extra modes and voicings, if this info is of any use. Maybe some of those guys who've played around with the beta files can chime in though, I'm sure their opinion would serve you better than my own. :)

I've replaced the cabs in all my mid to high gain patches (the ones I just couldn't nail) with Kevin's beta cabs. Haven't touched my cleans yet since I had those mostly dialed in although after reading Kevin's latest post I'm very curious at the potential results so will dick around with that tonight.

I'm sorry to say I'm only able to buy the wav tier 2 right now.

Just waiting for the transfer to my paypal account.

I will surely buy more IRs when I have more money

Kevin, you got my business. Just purchased your tier 3 package. Really looking forward to check out your bonus IRs during the weekend and even more great stuff of yours once it will become available.
It feels great not only to to get my hands on your products but also to help you out to kickstart your business. Aren't this great times - how would you have done anything like this before the internet?
Keep up the good work.

Snoop

choosing the R121 over the 101... popularity could be part of your decision. I'd assume that far more people are familiar with the 121 and might lean towards a purchase just because of that.

Kickstarter WAV or NEB?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I'm not sure what the differences are. I've read the info on Kevin's site but I'm still not 100% clear.

I got your back too, Kevin... A Tier 3 order for ya this morning and I appreciate all you hard work past,present,future! Let us know your latest tallies.... "Thank You"

Come on peeps! Jump in and get some cool tones!!

For the first 12-15 months after going live with the site my biggest customer base consisted of modern progressive, heavier music type players and recordists. A lot of that had to do with the fact that most of the cabs were geared toward that audience, as was the presentation in sound. I think this gave me the 'stigma' of only being able to appeal to that aesthetic. Those same heavier music folks find the new files/methods a measurable improvement all around and are very happy, however the big change I've noticed with everything since the beta started is the satisfaction level for the Fender/Vox/Marshall guys. The extra beta files in the kickstarter are more geared toward this crowd (I'm not pitching here, FWIW), as will be my primary focus on new library development, and I feel I've done my due diligence to make the new packs extremely versatile with the extra modes and voicings, if this info is of any use. Maybe some of those guys who've played around with the beta files can chime in though, I'm sure their opinion would serve you better than my own. :)

Appreciate that Kevin--I'll be in for tier 3.

Hey guys!

Thought i'd share this with you all...

I put together a short medley yesterday of a few DT songs.

Another example of these great IR's
This isn't a tone test or anything, i just felt like recording some classic riffs as i haven't listened to them for a while and this has rekindled a love for their music!

There are obviously loads of other riffs i could have added but these are the ones i could play and fit into an acceptable time, so consider it a snapshot.

Enjoy!

Feedback is welcomed!

Justin

Dude! Bro! Bra! Brozier! Kind Sir! what on earth have you done?! could you share some of your patches for this clip, or clue us in to amp cab combinations? would be very much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom