OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

The goal was met in 2-3 days, and from all I can see was done so due to the overwhelming amount of generosity of the members of this forum, and not because of a couple of extra files that were thrown in.
I feel just as strongly to being fair to those that did buy early to get it as I do that those that didn't get in fast enough not getting as many files

With all respect, these two don't make sense together.
If it was "not because of a couple of extra files that were thrown in", then why would they care if you keep the extra files in?

The question:
Who will be more disappointed: The ones, who bought it early and didn't care for the extra files anyway or the ones who bought it later and found out they didn't get the same for the $100?

With all respect, these two don't make sense together.
If it was "not because of a couple of extra files that were thrown in", then why would they care if you keep the extra files in?

The question:
Who will be more disappointed: The ones, who bought it early and didn't care for the extra files anyway or the ones who bought it later and found out they didn't get the same for the $100?

I'd still offer the extra cabs for any tier 3 buyer, because I agree with you. I was going to buy in but I didn't get pay pal up in time, now the motivation is gone.

The question:

I bought early and I did/do care about the extra files. That incentive motivated me to buy, and to buy early. I thought it was a smart move by Kevin.

I would add that Kevin was upfront about the incentive and its timeline. Further, when he realized there was some ambiguity about when during the day the cutoff occurred he was gracious enough to include that entire day. IMHO, I don't thinks it's reasonable to expect him to further extend the time-frame, and it's not fair to those of us who purchased early and perhaps made sacrifices to do so.

Terry.

IMO, if only one would care, that would be enough. It would set a precedence of Kevin not always keeping his word.
You can now try and twist this many ways to make him and others feel bad...
If he could be sure 100% of these guys don't mind, that may be another thing.

But "for God's sake" [to all], don't make it another whining thread and send Kevin more well-needed positive vibes instead :)

I'd still offer the extra cabs for any tier 3 buyer, because I agree with you. I was going to buy in but I didn't get pay pal up in time, now the motivation is gone.

The motivation that still remains is the $10/cab you'll be paying with the Tier 3 bundle now, versus the price Kevin will charge when the "Kickstarter" is done (perhaps $20/cab if memory serves me right).

Terry.

This is how kickstarter works. You get in early to guarantee of your spot for either early or cheaper than the regular buyers. After kickstarter is funded, you are forced to pay the regular price with no added bonus (depending on the seller, I guess)

I have no problem with Kevin not releasing the G12M-20 to us that ordered late.

I also don't have a problem with him extending the jump starter promo if that helps his business. It isn't costing me anything if somebody else gets a good deal AND it helps Kevin keep Ownhammer running.

I can sympathize with the late comers and the bonus cabs, but Kevin has been more than generous concerning posting the beta cabs etc., I really feel like he is good people and the expiration of the bonus is legit, IMO.

Now Rock On!

Richard

I can't believe people complaining since Kevin stated from the beginning how this was going to work. I would understand if he had ended the timeline earlier or take away some cab that was promised, but now he gets a bashing for keeping his word??
If you run a business you have to be honest both ways. I wouldn't trust a businessman changing his agenda all over the place...
The bonus cab was included to incourage people to buy early cause he needed money for the further development, he had to set a timeline to a specific date. If he were to extend the timeline, I bet there would be a bunch of people missing that too and complaining would start all over again.
The bonus is a bonus, it's not like anyone who bought late lost anything? The people buying early got a bonus, that's it... The late buyers got all they were promised. Everyone should be happy.

This is how kickstarter works. You get in early to guarantee of your spot for either early or cheaper than the regular buyers. After kickstarter is funded, you are forced to pay the regular price with no added bonus (depending on the seller, I guess)

I agree and it is fair.

Those complaining need a reality check. Kevin gave us a free Bogner cab to try out and the kickstarter was an awesome way to check out some more beta cabs if you bought tier 3. You missed out on one cab if you didn't buy tier 3 over the weekend. Big deal, the full library will come out when it's ready and you can just add it to one of your TEN cab slots. Kickstarter was a killer opportunity and hopefully everyone who wanted in did so.

Just curious -- what is the name of the 'bonus' folder? Just wondering if I have them or not in my jump starter zip. Either way, I'm looking forward to the new v2 sets whenever they are released.

TT

Hey Guys;
Just wanted to chime in on the great service Kevin offers. I originally purchased Tire One. After lots of questions that he patiently answered, I decided to upgrade to Tier Three. He took great care of me and made the transition complete. I really have enjoyed working with him. He is a great person to work with and I have really enjoyed his product so far. I am slowly working through the IR's and they are working great thru my Axe Standard as well as S Gear. Thanks Kevin.
Scott

Just curious -- what is the name of the 'bonus' folder? Just wondering if I have them or not in my jump starter zip. Either way, I'm looking forward to the new v2 sets whenever they are released.

TT

If I am not mistaken the Bonus Cab was the Celestion Heritage G12M-20 or the 412-GTR_Bogner_12M-BETA in the zip file.

Nope.. You, like me, are too late for the party but you should still definitely check out the beta pack cause the impulses sound awesome. Now that I missed this whole jumpstarter thing I was thinking of getting the 10$ V32 Mesa pack now in hopes of upgrading it later for free. Is there any hope that you will be upgrading that pack soon, Kevin? Also, do you have a timeframe for releasing the new V2 cabs? Are we talking about days, weeks, months or years? ;)

As it stands the Mesa V32 will be the second library to get updated, I'm thinking/hoping it will be out before Christmas. The first one will take a little longer due to all the new unknowns that need to be ironed out, but after that every library should take about a month to do each, I think.

As it stands the Mesa V32 will be the second library to get updated, I'm thinking/hoping it will be out before Christmas. The first one will take a little longer due to all the new unknowns that need to be ironed out, but after that every library should take about a month to do each, I think.
booooh !
...just kiddin' :) not what I'd purchase, but I'm sure it'll make a lot of people around here very happy ;) . a month each isn't too bad at all and is kind of a cool time frame to check out and work with the released libraries.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom