OwnHammer - New Diezel Cab (Lynchback)

Heavyplayer

Experienced
Just seen this on Facebook. Have a question to Kevin.

Are you going to add this speaker to the Mesa and Engl cabs too?

I've been waiting for a decent IR of Lynchbacks to be released for quite some time as no one had seemingly done them, and when OH announced the HGE releases I had hoped they would be among the first released after the V30's. I'll be heading over to purchase them now to try 'em out, I always heard them described as having some of the better characteristics of V30's and Greenbacks combined.

Are you going to add this speaker to the Mesa and Engl cabs too?

I have about 10 4x12 cabs and 20 speakers I plan on doing for the HGE libraries, so yes, most definitely. :)

Interesting! Any idea how this speaker differs in sound from the others?

Just a quick and dirty demo of the first 4 speakers in the High Gain Essentials line:

1) V30-EN
2) LYN-BK
3) V30-CH-08
4) V30-CH-16

All were using the 'SLST Studio HG 05' IR, which may or may not have been ideal for each speaker given the source guitar track and mix in general, but serves the purpose of a more apples to apples comparison.

Yeah, no announcement, somebody goin to bite? Kevin, sell us on these brutha, its your dough!

Just so crazy busy with everything going on around me right now. I did this speaker to take a break at the end of this past week from the nauseating (literally) database work I have been doing on the MIX libraries the last couple weeks. I also did a test of the Mid Gain Essentials library using this same cab/speaker. I'm not going to release that for now, though.

I'll send out an email blast once I have a few more update things done and mention this there.

I have about 10 4x12 cabs and 20 speakers I plan on doing for the HGE libraries, so yes, most definitely. :)

Just a quick and dirty demo of the first 4 speakers in the High Gain Essentials line:

1) V30-EN ?mesa?
2) LYN-BK diezel?
3) V30-CH-08 diezel?
4) V30-CH-16 engl?

All were using the 'SLST Studio HG 05' IR, which may or may not have been ideal for each speaker given the source guitar track and mix in general, but serves the purpose of a more apples to apples comparison.

Just so crazy busy with everything going on around me right now. I did this speaker to take a break at the end of this past week from the nauseating (literally) database work I have been doing on the MIX libraries the last couple weeks. I also did a test of the Mid Gain Essentials library using this same cab/speaker. I'm not going to release that for now, though.

I'll send out an email blast once I have a few more update things done and mention this there.

wow those sound great, now Im confused (as always). So a few questions: I put guesses of the cab make next to the speaker, just looking at what I have, but please confirm.
then, totally confused about the IR --- SLST Studio HG 05' IR, I dont see this anywhere, I see for instance SLST 121 HG. but not in the mix section under studio?

Finally, what amp/sound are u using in those clips, is it an axe if so what preset or amp etc? Thanks! for everything as usual.

Sorry, running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the moment...

All are the Diezel cab (DZL-RL). Files are in the ..\Mixes\.. folder. Recently I updated the files to add the 'HG' to the Studio and Live mixes:

https://www.facebook.com/ownhammer/posts/707220879316705

Demo is from forever ago, IIRC (DAW down, about to leave and spend the rest of the day with my kids) signal chain for the guitars was something like pre-Fender Jackson USA KE-2 w/EMG-85 in the bridge -> Bodenhamer Bloody Murder -> Randall RM4 w/ Jaded Faith Mods Snakebite -> Orpheus AD -> DAW -> Ignite Amps TPA-1 -> .wav IR -> Master Bus -> Print.

Hope this wasn't too scatter brained to be useful. :)

Sorry, running around like a chicken with its head cut off at the moment...

All are the Diezel cab (DZL-RL). Files are in the ..\Mixes\.. folder. Recently I updated the files to add the 'HG' to the Studio and Live mixes:

https://www.facebook.com/ownhammer/posts/707220879316705

Demo is from forever ago, IIRC (DAW down, about to leave and spend the rest of the day with my kids) signal chain for the guitars was something like pre-Fender Jackson USA KE-2 w/EMG-85 in the bridge -> Bodenhamer Bloody Murder -> Randall RM4 w/ Jaded Faith Mods Snakebite -> Orpheus AD -> DAW -> Ignite Amps TPA-1 -> .wav IR -> Master Bus -> Print.

Hope this wasn't too scatter brained to be useful. :)

Ah, clears it up, of course now I have to TM that over the top custom (not in the axe) patch you made. Guess we need to ask Cliff for a blue bloody murdering Randall frostbit snake venom wound festering Modded amp model :)!

1) V30-EN
2) LYN-BK
3) V30-CH-08
4) V30-CH-16

Thanks for that! I tossed a coin and originally bought Diezel V30 CH 16, and I hate it. :D That sound clip is good showing the differences. The other ones sound so much better, must stop myself before I buy them too. My IR-shopping spree... Oh well, I rarely use this kind of tones, I'll probably wait for the medium gain stuff.

Thanks again Kevin for the EXCELLENT work !
I bought them in addition to the 3 previous packages and they simply kill.
I have been mixing Mesa V30 EN + Lynchback Mics in Cab-Lab yesterday and OH-MY-GOD, it just sets the bar.
I'll try to post some recordings some to honor your work, it's simply brilliant !

Back
Top Bottom