OWNHAMMER Multi-Mic Collections

There's one thing that I always battled since a very long time. Extreme low end on IRs. I just got into a loop with four solutions, but never got fully satisfied: Reducing amp LF resonance, MB Compression, low (and high) cut, or cut the bass from the tone stack of the amp until it sounded shrill. These IRs seem to have fixed the solution. They sound very balanced. My favorite for now is the OH1 from the artist mixes. Now I'm at 110Hz with a resonance value of 5.83, which is default, and it is no problem at all!
I'm really eager to buy a set of Marshall 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks. I was always disappointed after I switched to them from the V30 Mesas due to the increase in low end or low mids or whatever. With a method which yields this balanced results, I think that I won't have any problems with them.
Thank you for the good work!

These are by far my favorite release from Kevin. Stellar captures that sound like a cab being mic'd in a room... no hype. This is how they should be!

I was a beta tester on this release, and it was immediately clear to me that these IRs were the best I'd ever used with the Axe-fx II. To me, it felt like the world opened up. They have a ton of utility and for the first time I didn't find one particular IR that "worked" for me with each mic. Anybody who is looking for a very balanced, very good representation of this particular speaker in this particular cab would be foolish not to pick them up. And it sounds like releases from here on out will fall into this manner of thinking: pure sound of high-quality speakers in high quality cabs, shot with great microphones through some of the best equipment for the particular utility the cabs were designed for.

It's gonna' get real awesome, basically.

Super duper busy, but wanted to jump in quickly with a bit of news on this.

Firstly, very happy to hear everyone is digging the new MMC! :)

An idea came to me this past Saturday, in the next week or two I will be updating this library to contain roughly triple the original amount of content. This will be done by adding V30-EN-16 and V30-MIX, the latter a combination of V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16. That same inclusion set will carry forward with future MMC's, the next of which (and what I am also working on now) is the 70's Marshall 1960B with two 25 watt 75 Hz pre-Rola G12M's. Amidst other projects (more MSC's, and other things I'm going to keep under wraps for now), there will be more in this style of complimentary or family based dual speaker + speaker mix inclusions. For example, the 412-GTR BOG-ST Uber Pack will be V30-EN-16, T75-RI-16, and UBER-MIX. And so on and so forth.

Loads of ridiculous stuff in the hopper, and as those who have jumped in have discovered I wasn't bluffing about the new sample method. The alpha stage on this where that was being refined was brutal. :lol

Thanks very much to the OP for posting about this and the stellar clip, to all those who have picked up a copy, and to everyone else who has shared their experiences! :)

Also, just a note of re-emphasis, the far fields in the Auxiliary folder were shot outdoors in a reflection free environment using all reference equipment. I know that is a very niche capture type, but thought I'd point it out in the event that it went unnoticed.

Hey Guys,

I want to get your opinion about this pack. I am a fan of the Ownhammer IR's and have bought many of the V3 series, along with the Multi-Speaker pack, so I know its definitely quality stuff. I also bought a few of the FAS packs, and didn't find them as useful until Mikko did CP7.
Since the new Beta update of 19.01, I've noticed that Factory cabs #043, #044 have been replaced with a Mesa Sm57 and M160, which I can only assume is from CP14. I've been pretty gung ho on the Factory #43 shot, and curious if the Ownhammer IR's will be close to this since they are the same cab/speaker (obviously different producer/mic pre's/etc).
There's just something about that #43 shot that seems to have some added harmonics in there, or the feel of the cab that I really like. I know I can just buy the CP14, but after I bought CP5, I felt a little bland about the 4x12 packs, and the variations of all the mic's sounds intriguing.
Any opinions from people that may own both? Or have A/B both?

Also to add,
I did buy the V3 version of this speaker/cab, and that is too drastic of the difference to the Factory #43 one.

Super duper busy, but wanted to jump in quickly with a bit of news on this.

Firstly, very happy to hear everyone is digging the new MMC! :)

An idea came to me this past Saturday, in the next week or two I will be updating this library to contain roughly triple the original amount of content. This will be done by adding V30-EN-16 and V30-MIX, the latter a combination of V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16. That same inclusion set will carry forward with future MMC's, the next of which (and what I am also working on now) is the 70's Marshall 1960B with two 25 watt 75 Hz pre-Rola G12M's. Amidst other projects (more MSC's, and other things I'm going to keep under wraps for now), there will be more in this style of complimentary or family based dual speaker + speaker mix inclusions. For example, the 412-GTR BOG-ST Uber Pack will be V30-EN-16, T75-RI-16, and UBER-MIX. And so on and so forth.

Loads of ridiculous stuff in the hopper, and as those who have jumped in have discovered I wasn't bluffing about the new sample method. The alpha stage on this where that was being refined was brutal. :lol

Thanks very much to the OP for posting about this and the stellar clip, to all those who have picked up a copy, and to everyone else who has shared their experiences! :)

So.. V30-EN-16 speaker and a mix between it and V30-EN-08 speaker is coming to the last mesa cab! Nice!
Please do not forget the 70's 4x12 Sunn Cab or anything similar for djent lovers ;D

... I'm really eager to buy a set of Marshall 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks. ...

Well, it's out now! :) (image below is a link, AS IS THIS TEXT)

This one is a big one, folks. THE sound of rock and roll, and arguably THE biggest influential tone (specific to cabs and speakers) for the last 50 years of electric guitar is a vintage Marshall cab with pre-Rola 25 watt 75 Hz G12M's. This cab was hand picked over a half dozen other basketweave and checkerboard cabs with the same speakers in them as the 'best' of the bunch sonically, and these two specimens of the same speaker (which are a pair with the same date code) are both different, complimentary, and excel at different areas of the sonic spectrum. Van Halen, AC/DC, you name it from a list a mile long, this is THE sound, and was captured meticulously with a complete kitchen sink of the best modern and vintage gear I have been able to get my hands on.

Also new in the series on top of the 2 speakers plus 1 hybrid mash up, are the "Phase Out" mixes. This is quite similar to something done in V3-Mix where the mics are slightly out of time and phase to obtain a certain character to the sound. I have not been able to pry myself off of "PO-Fat-03" for the M25-MIX and M-PR25-B speaker options since cooking them up, personally.

If you guys like high quality, versatile tone, at all, I highly recommend taking a look at this. The amount of mics, let alone files, may seem a little daunting, but for the FAS hardware platform I think a lot of guys are going to dig the PO-Fat mixes, and would be a great starting point. Anywho, I thought this was too monumental of a release to not mention, so, there you have it. :)

So these don't include the same format as earlier releases where you don't need cablab?

All of my libraries starting middle of this year are all .wav files. I've heard that some can use aomDSP (in the free section of the OwnHammer site) to convert to standard res for the Axe-Fx I and older II's (pre-XL), but, Cab Lab is the best bet for compatibility, and also provides the ability to convert to Ultra-Res and is a great application for mixing files, should you want to try your hand at it.

So.. V30-EN-16 speaker and a mix between it and V30-EN-08 speaker is coming to the last mesa cab! Nice!
Please do not forget the 70's 4x12 Sunn Cab or anything similar for djent lovers ;D

If I'm still in business long enough to get to them all, I definitely plan to keep sampling through all my cabs for the Multi-Speaker Collection and Multi-Mic Collection libraries. :)

Also, on the subject of the newly released Marshall library, I forgot to mention:

- This speaker was not included in the highly popular Studio Mix libraries, or the Cab Pack 3 Ultra-Res version of those libraries, but has been highly requested for years.
- I've never independently offered both specimens of the M-PR25-75 speaker option that I own in past libraries from this year since acquiring them and they do sound quite different from one another while still retaining the G12M tonality.

Downloading now. Can't wait to try the latest. I've tried every other IR pack out there and I always end up using OH. Just has more character than all the others. Heck I'm still loving the High Gain Essentials Diezel pack to this day. You should do another Diezel 16 Ohm cab with your new techniques.

Back
Top Bottom