IRs OwnHammer Moabi Custom

Third-party impulse response pack
Moabi-960.jpg

ownhammer.com/moabi

Hey everyone, it's been a minute. :)
Just a heads up on something new that I've put together and released in Ultra-Res .syx format that I think could greatly benefit some folks in these parts: the Moabi Custom impulse response and preset library, linked above. There are several things that I feel not only makes this different, but special:

First and foremost, the cabinet itself is non-traditional in that it is not constructed of off the shelf plywood or particle board wrapped in glue and tolex, but solid African moabi hardwood. When shooting the same speaker set in the exact same way with the exact same mic compared to a tolexed plywood cabinet of the same dimensions, the resultant sound is noticeably more lively, tight, resonant, and, well, "woody" sounding.

Secondly, as opposed to the standard "component" style approach to building sounds, I went a more results driven route this time instead. I shot a bunch of T1221, T3903, T3904, T4335, and T5901 speakers spanning the 1970’s through the 2010’s and blended them together in various ways -- on top of changing the amount of active speakers in the cabinet at a given time as well as changes in mic technique -- to create the different following nine distinct sound groups:

Core Voicings
  • Extra Large
  • Large
  • Medium
  • Small

Specialty Voicings
  • Balanced
  • Cali Style
  • Contemporary
  • Down Tuned
  • Drogonian

Within each are 15 single mics and 10 core mic mixes, as well as mic-pair mix permutations for those who may be interested, or don't have a Fractal device with a multi-channel IR mixer cab block.

As the icing on the cake, there's also 3 base tone amp presets (surrounding the Friedman BE-100 V3 amp model) to give a head start on sounds as well as some context for the intention of the library sonically.

All files within are in Ultra-Res (.syx) format, so they'll be compatible and drop right in with any AX8, Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx III, FM3, or FM9 you may have.

I hope that everyone has been well throughout the last few years of craziness we've all been through in the world, and that those who pick this one up enjoy it!

All the best,
Kevin
Had to check this out. With labor day coupon applied + intro sale, $13 and some change USD...

I've recorded a quick&dirty test made with "OH Moabi MED Mid Gain", the Friedman Small Box, and the Klone Chillón

Preset attached. The recording is made with Scene 4. Scenes 1, 2 and 3 are the three demo presets that come with the pack moved into the scenes of a single preset.

CABs location for the attached preset:
1662198199215.png

I'm wondering how others are using this pack. Let's share some presets and/or recordings

Attachments

• OwnHammer Moabi Demo II.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I've recorded a quick&dirty test made with "OH Moabi MED Mid Gain", the Friedman Small Box, and the Klone Chillón

Preset attached. The recording is made with Scene 4.

View attachment 107763

I'm wondering how others are using this pack. Let's share some presets and/or recordings

That is sweet! I liked the medium gain can as well. I will try to post something this weekend

Preset attached. The recording is made with Scene 4.

View attachment 107763

I was blown away by the lesser gain IRs as well... it can sizzle at high gain, as expected. I was enjoying the sample rhythm presets and rolling off the volume on guitar on neck and want to explore this more. Great clip, wow.

I've just purchased this Moabi pack... Fantastic, you have done by far the best captures ever made... I use always the SP2 mixes (or FULL in you (r)Evolution serie) but here, with the LIVE SOUND mixes which I think is the same as the SP2 or FULL ones in yours previous captures, you've nailed it perfectly, the Highs are finally got this sweet sizzle wich is very amp like... Congrats OH

Last edited:
Thanks guys, so very glad these hit the mark for you all! Everyone's positive feedback here has been very much appreciated, and has in fact changed the outcome of a few hard decisions I'm having to make regarding forward moving plans in other areas. Again, very much appreciate it, and very happy these captures have found homes in your rigs! :)

bought today. they sound fantastic

what is the difference in the low, medium and high gain options? Is that just a suggestion for use case?

Thanks guys, so very glad these hit the mark for you all! Everyone's positive feedback here has been very much appreciated, and has in fact changed the outcome of a few hard decisions I'm having to make regarding forward moving plans in other areas. Again, very much appreciate it, and very happy these captures have found homes in your rigs! :)
Count me among the fans of this cabinet! I'm using IRs from this pack in all kinds of new FX3 and FM3 rigs. That middy-woody-punchy really seems to come through in my uses.

Sorry for necro but I just bought this pack and it is easily one of the best sounding IR packs straight out of the box. Usually it takes me about 15-20 minutes to figure out an IR pack, but this one is just home run after home run straight off the bat! WOW!

Back
Top Bottom