Inspired
Hi, I just received this email from Ownhammer:

"Now available on the site and a free update for existing customers are
minimum phase aligned AX1 IR libraries!

What does this mean?

You can now coherently mix OwnHammer AX1 IR's with stock Axe-Fx I cabs
and any other commercial or freeware IR's that also conform to this
time and phase alignment - just like the AX2 format."

I presume that this is a good thing. I am going to have to get IRLAB and do some mixing to test this out.

I got all excited when I saw that... then I remembered that I sold my Ultra so that I could get the Axe-FX II...

YAY! I just downloaded the updates and tried these out! Sounding friggin mad! Of course, the actual sound of the impulses haven't changed - just the fact that you can now mix n match ownhammer with other stuff! Which is HUGE! Especially when you couple one with a guitarhack or a redwirez engl cab! My fav combination so far is the V31 ownhammer SM7 2 with the Engl redwirez u47 cap grill! Epic winness it is!

Great going Kevin! :)

Either make the cab block stereo, or run the amp into 2 mono hi res blocks. Or 2 stereo blocks if you wanna mix n match 4 cabs! :) Select different cabs, level them out and you're good to go!

For mixing 2 different irs into one, there are quite a few options... but I steer clear of everything except for redwirez' own mixIR section on their website! It's great - I simply bypass the cab in the axe fx, and run it through a daw and an impulse loader. Then i duplicate the track, and load different impulses, and keeping the dominant impulse @ 0db, i mix n match till I find what I want, then I use the mixIR (it's a weeee bit funny, the UI, but once you get the hang of it, it's cooking time!) in the site to mix em! Zimple!

Back
Top Bottom